April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

Which SL would have definitely won . 157/3 after 32 overs with Sangakkara on a roll , Aussies horrible players of spin , can it get any better than this ?? :p

Well you never know, Sri Lankan middle order wasn't tested that day? they didnt get chance to bat and in other matches they've shown how brittle their middle order is, so we can't say SL would have won that for sure. But they sure were ahead at that stage.

I still see quite a few personal attacks here. This is stifling my chances of posting in this thread.

----------

Can't wait for this record to be broken on 2nd Apr 2011 at 02:30 PM

Nah, isn't really possible.

I think he would've been dropped anyway for Ashwin, so it makes it clear now Ashwin will play, i will be shocked if Dhoni opts for Sreesanth.

I think he would've been dropped anyway for Ashwin, so it makes it clear now Ashwin will play, i will be shocked if Dhoni opts for Sreesanth.
Dhoni is well capable of shocking us with some decisions, but there has been a method to his "madness" and I don't think Sreesanth will figure in the plan. He hasn't had any match practice to speak of in this World Cup and it will be a huge risk to play him.

worried that mathews won't make it.

Murali will play as long as he can walk (and Randiv is actually quite decent cover anyway)

it's interesting that india and sri lanka actually have more players with world cup final experience than australia in their teams.

australia: (5) ponting, tait, lee, mike hussey, watson

Sri lanka: (7) dilshan, tharanga, jayawardena, sangakkara, murali, malinga, silva

india: (6) tendulkar, sehwag, yuvraj, harbhajan, khan, nehra

Last edited:
if mathews cant play., thats a big blow !!! he is one middle order batsman we can count on!!! only one i mean :facepalm

Relaxed

then it should be easy for indian :D ... just relax then :clap

Yes we are relaxed.

We know Sri Lanka is a very strong team, probably stronger than the Indian ODI squad at the moment.

The Sri Lankan fans are so humble and nice that they never say their team is bigger or better than someone else.

Please be nice to Sri Lankan fans, they are the nicest people and never boast about themselves

Yes we are relaxed.

We know Sri Lanka is a very strong team, probably stronger than the Indian ODI squad at the moment.

The Sri Lankan fans are so humble and nice that they never say their team is bigger or better than someone else.

Please be nice to Sri Lankan fans, they are the nicest people and never boast about themselves

well what can i say :spy thank you mate, nop india have a better chance for sure!! but lankans came along way and we just want them to give it the best shot!! at the end of the day only one team can win and the other will loss ;) its cool second best in the world its not so bad :thumbs for both SL or IND

Lassana Dias

Hello,
Lassana Dias Now only you are so matured. Anyway enjoy match and not support any team

Hello,
Lassana Dias Now only you are so matured. Anyway enjoy match and not support any team

Dude, how can I not support my team, I am a first class crickter who have played for Sri lanka A team. Asking me not to support sri lanka in the final of the worldcup is just funny :p

The Lankans have so far led a relatively easy campaign in the WC. They only game that they had from the Big 4 (SA, IND, AUS & PAK) was against PAK & they lost that game.

I don't think you can test SL on this scale. The only game that IND had from the Big 4 (SA, IND, AUS & PAK) was against SA & they lost that game, but IND still won the semi-final. IND defeated AUS, but they are not the Aussies they used to be, so they can't be placed among biggies anymore.

----------

Personally, I want SL to win the world cup, but all the best to both teams.

Users who are viewing this thread