Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

Batsmen not completing run..

I have this strange bug in Windows 7 only. Every time batsmen take a single, the non-striker only runs half-length of the pitch and getting run out every time. The striker completes the run without a problem. This is common to both AI and player alike. I like this game very much and hope somebody out there would help me.:crying

playing online (PS3) and couldn't run out any opposition batsmen. 5 or 6 occasions the bowler or WK had the ball in hand at the stumps with the batman miles out and didn't even try to take the bails off. On other occasions tried taking off bails and missed by miles. Only managed to get runouts by direct throws at the stumps.

Is this a bug, or did the opponent have some cheat activated??

First of all there are no "cheats" you can enable.

All the mis-matched running is simply due to lag, if you listen carefully you can hear when the batsman slides in and its usually well before the animation. All those run outs that look obvious usually the batsman has been safe for a while. What I do is just listen for the sounds "yes" "get back" and slide of the bat, that gives you a good indication of where the batsman are actually running.

First of all there are no "cheats" you can enable.

All the mis-matched running is simply due to lag, if you listen carefully you can hear when the batsman slides in and its usually well before the animation. All those run outs that look obvious usually the batsman has been safe for a while. What I do is just listen for the sounds "yes" "get back" and slide of the bat, that gives you a good indication of where the batsman are actually running.

thanks for that. makes sense as my batting was appalling due to lag (though only seemed to happen exactly after the bowler released). really annoying as i'd had a really good game with absolutely no lag earlier in the day.

thanks for that. makes sense as my batting was appalling due to lag (though only seemed to happen exactly after the bowler released). really annoying as i'd had a really good game with absolutely no lag earlier in the day.

how about this...both batsmen at the same end (non strikers) and WK still doesn't take off the bails. also WK gets a runout when both batsmen are at his end (and in). no lag issue surely, just a bug.

how about this...both batsmen at the same end (non strikers) and WK still doesn't take off the bails. also WK gets a runout when both batsmen are at his end (and in). no lag issue surely, just a bug.

Its a Lag issue. In reality on your Opponents PC the batsmen have safely entered the crease & on your PC the lag isnt showing you the same. But since the batsmen are safe , the keeper doesn't bother taking the bails off.

Hello guys,

I have a fully configured Laptop to play this game, the game runs fine, but during the start and end of the game, just before loading, It stays in black screen with nothing on the screen for about 5 mins. Its a bit iritatiing. Is it common or only for me? :noway

Hello guys,

I have a fully configured Laptop to play this game, the game runs fine, but during the start and end of the game, just before loading, It stays in black screen with nothing on the screen for about 5 mins. Its a bit iritatiing. Is it common or only for me? :noway

not really a bug, sounds like your graphics card is not powerful enough. Is it intergrated? Laptops arent great for gaming to begin with

Hello guys,

I have a fully configured Laptop to play this game, the game runs fine, but during the start and end of the game, just before loading, It stays in black screen with nothing on the screen for about 5 mins. Its a bit iritatiing. Is it common or only for me?

Have you installed the beta 1 and beta 2 patch?

Has anyone experienced this bug, that while playing a match the batsman just walked out of the field (in b/w of the match).. then the match ended... This happened with me while playing a match online..

Well this was truly random. Just used Flintoff and bowed a short ball. I selected a slow ball then ended up bowling it slow on the meter. Anyway the batsman swung and missed and the ball hit his leg and rolled onto the stumps and the bails went flying. Somehow this was refered to the 3rd umpire and a decision of out was givin as a run out by Prior! How I don't no

Hello guys, just got this game a day back and played through the tutorials till the spin bowling part. Now, I downloaded the Beta 1 and Beta 2 patches and installed them successfully. After installation of Beta 2, I started learning the "Flight and Drift" mode in the spin bowling lessons. The first part worked well.

Then came the part where I was asked to make the batsman get stumped by fooling him with a perfect leg spin delivery. Now when the bowler releases the ball, the game hangs for no reason and I have to use the Task Manager to close it.

I thought it might be because I enabled Anti-Aliasing but even after turning it off, this issue persists. In case you were wondering about my PC specs: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 2GB DDR2 RAM(800mhz) and Nvidia Geforce 8800GT.

As you can see, my PC is perfectly suited to run the game at max anti-aliasing. I don't know whether it's because I installed the beta patch or if this tutorial is the only part in the game which hangs. Please help me out!

Holy crap..... This wouldn't have happened with any of you. I bet ya. YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Strange Wickets and Bugs

You have already posted that in other thread and its not relevant here. More over, its not actually bugs in fact ultra-realistic game.

help needed!!
hi guys,,whenever i start the game it gives the error
"this application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found"

can somebody help me out... or provide me that file "d3dx9_30.dll"
thanks

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL DIRECT X (...!!lol

Users who are viewing this thread