Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

Experienced a bug where the batsman stopped a yard short of the crease thinking he was in and got run out.

Got a test match under flood light bug here. First innings I made 265 and AI responded with 303. I'm currently 111/2, still on day one at 7.38pm (with no end to the day in sight)! The lighting went from sun shining to black out night in the blink of a eye! (damn shame they couldnt be bothered adding a more progressive lighting system. Would have been nice to experience the sun setting). One decent thing BLIC 2007 actually had was at least 4 or 5 different lighting states, whereas weve got three in ashes cricket and two of those (morning and evening) are near identical.

I GOT A WEIRD BUG THAT RUINED MY GAME:mad::mad::mad:, THE BATSMAN TAKE A THREE STEP RUN AND STANDS IN MIDDLE OF WICKET:facepalm:facepalm, IT STARED IN MIDDLE WHEN I WAS BOWLING AND CONTINUED MY WHOLE INNINGS,

028.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

Last edited:
I GOT A WEIRD BUG THAT RUINED MY GAME:mad::mad::mad:, THE BATSMAN TAKE A THREE STEP RUN AND STANDS IN MIDDLE OF WICKET:facepalm:facepalm, IT STARED IN MIDDLE WHEN I WAS BOWLING AND CONTINUED MY WHOLE INNINGS,

View attachment 60409

View attachment 60410

View attachment 60411

Mathew Hayden used to stand way out of his crease but this is ridiculous. The bugs just keep on coming :facepalm
I wish heath or some one from transmission comes and makes an apology atleast for the run out bug.

As these are not consistent bug, I dont think they even consider these a high priority, but it annoyed the heck out-a-me coz it ruined the whole game, But if this occurs frequently then the game is in trouble.

Took about 13 overs but once the first one occurred, it kept occurring every ball.

Attachments

• runout.jpg
    runout.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 61
Took about 13 overs but once the first one occurred, it kept occurring every ball.
i faced this bug in demo and i thought this is fixed in final game. but they have not :doh .Although it does not happen every match, no way we can play a match with this bug. it will ruin a good match in progress.
Does all the three version has this bug?

Last edited:
i faced this bug in demo and i thought this is fixed in final game. but they have not :doh .Although it does not happen every match, no way we can play a match with this bug. it will ruin a good match in progress.
Does all the three version has this bug?

I think most people will save every over or so. I don't think this bug will be present once we reload from a point when the bug was inactive. Run out bug is the most ominous bug IMO.

They should have used members from PC for beta testing. Whoever the guys were in beta testing deserve a really nice spanking coz we found these bugs inside a week and they couldnt find it in their alloted time.

They should have used members from PC for beta testing. Whoever the guys were in beta testing deserve a really nice spanking coz we found these bugs inside a week and they couldnt find it in their alloted time.
Probably guys tested doesn't know much about test cricket. They didn't find fault in seeing AI going overboard in aggression.

Suggestions and bugs report:

I would say the timing zone for the attacking shots must be reduced both for AI and human player on Hard mode at the moment the Hard Mode is way to easy. I have scored over 800 runs for the loss of 2 wickets in a test match without playing a single lofted stroke. But its too easy to get a perfectly timed shot which goes for four as the perfect timing zone on dark green is far toooo big! The perfect time zone must be reduced to may be a single bar for perfect balls and 2 bars for non-perfect balls. As in real life bowlers who bowl have atleast 2-3 dot balls in an over minimum even in ODIs.

You can leave it the same for t20. I believe this will also sort out the AI as most of the shots will not go for six or fours if the timing bar is reduced.
Also please provide the perfect bowling zone atleast on the off and middle stump line. All i am trying to say is the so called perfect yellow spot is non existent if you are trying to bowl on stumps. You have to bowl way outside off stump to get the perfect zone. Increase the yellow zone. As it will make the online play even better and also it will help keep the human run rate to realistic in all forms. At the moment there are only 2-3 perfect zones for each bowler.

For spinners this perfect zone becomes even worse. For leg spinner you would expect the bowl to pitch on and around leg and middle stump to get LBWs and bowled. Whereas in the game you have to bowl way outside off stump to be able to bowl in the perfect zone this sucks big time!!!!!.
Give us more perfect zone. There should be a significant difference in handling pace and spin. At the moment difference in the pace is not that much. The fast bowlers must be really quick so that it gives us less than a second to press the button as even in real life you have 0.5 of a second to react to bowlers like LEE and other quicks bowling at 90MPH. Keeper dives are unrealistic against the spinner.

Make edges zone smaller too so that we can have LBW's and leg byes. At the moment outside edge, inside edge and bottom edge occupies 3/4 of the timing bar which is very very big hence impossible to miss the ball and get LBWs unless you play down the wrong line. If the timing bar is sorted half the issues will be solved and if you can bowl in line with the stumps and it can be a perfect(yellow spot) ball we can get more LBWs and bowled online and against the AI too.

AI running must be sorted!
I ll add more if I find any other faults!

And thanks for bringing a patch it might not solve all the problems but it will reduce some. But I am hoping this won't be the only patch! In fifa there were more than 2-3 patches that made the gameplay perfect.

Also in real cricket perfect bowling zone is between 6-8M where there are lots of play and misses the AI hardly ever bowls in this range. Use the pitch pixels to implement this. This cannot be hard!. 6m length ball must hit top of off and not a half-volley.

Go on youtube and watch where Mr. Glen MC Grath bowls or for that matter there is an amazing video of bowling by Ambrose where he takes 7wickets for 1 runs. Look at where the balls are pitching.
Don't give us such a huge timing bar even for crap bowls maybe 2-3 balls in the entire pitching area of the bowler. As in real cricket only half volley and short balls outside off stump or straying down leg gets punished. Rest are good balls which the batsman hit to the boundary depending on their ability and not because the bowler is a part time bowler.

Probably guys tested doesn't know much about test cricket. They didn't find fault in seeing AI going overboard in aggression.

Not necessarily true. There's a big difference in finding a bug, and fixing it. Especially something on the scale of the AI pacing.

Just had a very Bizare Bug. X Box 360

Ponting just got out (me as England,bowling) then the next ball was hit for 2,ball retrieved and then the screen cuts to a picture of Ponting without a helmet,pads etc just standing there in the middle of the field,staring at me!?!?!?!?!The game has frozen!!!

And he keeps on staring...it's like something from that movie The Ring!!:doh

Gonna have to turn the damn thing off

Users who are viewing this thread