Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

Had this twice now. One minute you're playing, the next the game has switched to this screen (a player from the batting team) and nothing works.
Whipped the digital camera out as couldn't screenshot it.

lol, sorry, that is pretty funny man...the expression on his face lol....it's like "yeah, so i'm a bug screen...it'll cross to me when there's a bug...um..oh, still here? Um, ok, nice weather we're having hey? Still here? Damn....um..." :rtfl :laugh

Lol. I think what he is actually saying is "Nah, I don't really want to be involved in this game either!"

or maybe "During playtesting they promised me I'd get a real job in the final version!" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had Jimmy Anderson hit the stumps with his hand in his run up, next ball he starts to run in but then the scene goes to Cook warming up and the umpire can be heard saying 'no ball' in the background. :laugh

Yeah that was the bug from Demo.. Quite disappointing that it made it to the final version.. I produced it on my playing the game 2nd time.. In the end, I couldn't actually finish the three overs as the match was awarded to me in each occurrence of this bug.. I attached a screenshot (in the Demo impression thread) of the final score with the AI team batted only for 2.4 overs..

I am not sure how these bugs were never picked up by the Testers.. It looks like they might have a big list of MAJOR BUGS.. They made sure those were fixed and leave us to moan on these ones and expect and buy the next version with these fixed.. So we are happy in the end thinking now we've got the best game ever..

Not Out! Say What??

I've had this situation twice now ..... the first time I hit the stumps at the bowlers end and was given not out, second time the keeper just stood there with the ball in his hand until it was time for the next ball.

I'm pretty disapointed with the game to be honest, it's better than BLIC07 .... just.

I played the first test of the Ashes on hard last night and I'd dismissed the entire Austrailian team by lunch ....... for 478 runs. and I was bowling good lines and lengths.

I couldn't bowl my bowlers for more than 3-4 overs at a time before their stamina went ..... which never came back btw, and the confidence systemis a joke. You pitch a few rippers and then they get an edge for four, the AI confindence goes to fearless and they start tonking you all over the park ..... even a wicket doesn't bring you back.

I hope this gets patched, but I fear I will have lost interest by the time it does.

Gutted :(

I've had this situation twice now ..... the first time I hit the stumps at the bowlers end and was given not out, second time the keeper just stood there with the ball in his hand until it was time for the next ball.

I'm pretty disapointed with the game to be honest, it's better than BLIC07 .... just.

I played the first test of the Ashes on hard last night and I'd dismissed the entire Austrailian team by lunch ....... for 478 runs. and I was bowling good lines and lengths.

I couldn't bowl my bowlers for more than 3-4 overs at a time before their stamina went ..... which never came back btw, and the confidence systemis a joke. You pitch a few rippers and then they get an edge for four, the AI confindence goes to fearless and they start tonking you all over the park ..... even a wicket doesn't bring you back.

I hope this gets patched, but I fear I will have lost interest by the time it does.

Gutted :(

The feedback on the forums is definitely a mixed bag. Some people are loving it, some people are hating it. Have you found any elements that you think are an improvement?

Something like that wicket is clearly a bug, and if the result of a bug is given not out, isn't that a good thing?

I know how funny is that.. Bugs like that are discovered in 5 minutes of co-op game..
I remember showing off the demo to a friend and immediately on our first running experience we found that once a throw is made to the wrong end, the ball is declared dead. Even if both of us were at the same ends. Your keeper can't throw the ball to the bowler's end and vice versa.
I just can't believe that this wasn't seen in their testing..

Yeah that was the bug from Demo.. Quite disappointing that it made it to the final version.. I produced it on my playing the game 2nd time.. In the end, I couldn't actually finish the three overs as the match was awarded to me in each occurrence of this bug.. I attached a screenshot (in the Demo impression thread) of the final score with the AI team batted only for 2.4 overs..

I am not sure how these bugs were never picked up by the Testers.. It looks like they might have a big list of MAJOR BUGS.. They made sure those were fixed and leave us to moan on these ones and expect and buy the next version with these fixed.. So we are happy in the end thinking now we've got the best game ever..

Unfortunately these days, developers often release games in the full knowledge of these bugs, sometimes with the intention of fixing them at a later date. Sometimes. It's one of the bad effects of highspeed broadband - lazy developers.

Nah. If you don't spot a bug till late on, it can be very risky to change it. You can create other problems by fixing something else.

I've had the hitting bowler's stumps on delivery thing too.

Also have had the ball running to the ropes, only for it to stop, reverse back 1 or 2 yards, then carry on at a slower pace so the fielder can catch up. But it may just be the AI cheating.....

Game is very, very buggy....but i'm still enjoying it. :laugh

Something like that wicket is clearly a bug, and if the result of a bug is given not out, isn't that a good thing?

Cricketers some times make mistakes and run to the other end when their partner stays put ..... if it is a bug that shouldn't have happened I'd rather them stick to the rules .... at least it seems more realistic.

I'm gunna play some more SP today and hopefully can find some positives .... but as of right now the only thing going for the game is the multiplayer .... which in all honesty is a massive load of fun (if the other person doesn't quit).

I've played a fair bit of T20 last night and it's great fun.

The run out bug is the worse - I "bowled" the Aussies out and 5 of them were run outs because they just stood in the middle of the pitch! - also since when has Flintoff been a number 11 and look like shrek...terrible graphics on the faces.

Also the catching - it's supposed to go green on a good catch but doesn't...makes the game unplayable..this is the PC version I also have the Wii version which seems to have been designed for 2 year olds by 1 year olds - awful game - waste of money.

I don't know if this is the case in the full game, but after playing the demo again, I'm sure that the pitch's bounce is variable: too bouncy on a full length, and not bouncy enough on a shorter length. I bowled balls that should've caused the batsman to duck, yet they drove them (on the front foot) through the covers. After looking at the action replay, I could see that the bounce was perfect for a front foot drive, which proves the middle of the pitch doesn't have enough bounce.

Users who are viewing this thread