International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
gamespot say 13 august in Australia and 17 in England,
codies please announce a date please :help

nach2nach

School Cricketer
Ya i hope they give out details soon.
All though what i can make sense out of in this....

Is that it is best to wait for their official release dates rather than
speculating over the different dates.

It will come when it is ready. As i understand it, it is basically out of Transmission games and depending on codemasters and the likes of microsoft n sony for release.

As long as we get a good product, and people BUY IT and dont download the games, and support the game developers. I am satishfied.

/Andy

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
I love the way codies gets us excited.. I remember everytime they were about to release a game.. Whatever they do, they are atleast great at publicizing it..

I recall BL06 on Sega in a magazine and then BLC'99 on IGN at that time got me restless.. Then came the era of BLC'05 and '07 where codemasters' threads were flooded..

C'mon guys.. show some release dates now..

nach2nach

School Cricketer
If ashes is going to be out in september. I think they have done a good in promoting the game.
Is it out in August or July, then i think they have done a very poor promotional campaign.
This is my personal oppinon from a marketing perspective.
Remember you see excitement mostly on 2-3 forums on the net, and it is limited number of people.
Lets see what happends.

nz0003

International Cricketer
If ashes is going to be out in september. I think they have done a good in promoting the game.
Is it out in August or July, then i think they have done a very poor promotional campaign.
This is my personal oppinon from a marketing perspective.
Remember you see excitement mostly on 2-3 forums on the net, and it is limited number of people.
Lets see what happends.

Thats just stupid, how is it "good in promoting the game" if they told us it would be out late July/early August but then release it in September, it would make me rage and not buy the game. Plus the Ashes starting soon, it would be good to get the game out during the series, considering the game is about the Ashes. No point in releasing it a month after, everyone would of lost interest by then.

Please try to post something half decent next time.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
My word. There is so much rubbish being talked here - it's all conjecture until we are given an actual release date from the publisher. All these ridiculous posts about marketing, promotion, etc. are pathetic - you know nothing about it so please refrain from opining.

No doubt that when the release date is announced, some clever fellow is going to say "Look I was right!" even though the other 99 of you offering your guesses were wrong - someone is bound to have it right, just out of probability.

Is there any chance of this thread being closed until we actually have an answer? It's a bit of a waste of pixels at the moment.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Thats just stupid, how is it "good in promoting the game" if they told us it would be out late July/early August but then release it in September, it would make me rage and not buy the game. Plus the Ashes starting soon, it would be good to get the game out during the series, considering the game is about the Ashes. No point in releasing it a month after, everyone would of lost interest by then.

Please try to post something half decent next time.

His right generally mostly the marketing side is normally 3-4 months long till release because of the hype. That?s why with Fifa and PES they make announcements and features in the summer for a hype to start before the game is released in October.

However it would be very stupid if they released AC2009 in September since then the champions trophy will be taking place but since the game is mainly focused on the ashes it should really be released mid -end July the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread