PC-DVD, PS3, XBOX360 which is out now!

Ashes Cricket 2009
available from 2009
PC-DVD, PS3, XBOX360, Wii

Colin McRae: DiRT?2
available from September 2009
PC-DVD, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, Wii, DS

so that means ashes will be out before september Lol :D

Hmm.. The reply e-mail that Matt got from the Codies states that Xbox360 version of the game will be distributed by "Origin games". I've checked their website and it seems that the shop you were talking about is really their shop! So it seems you've managed to get the word from a distributor that it'll be released somewhere around August, atleast in India.

It seems to be that UK has release date for August 7, 09 and Australia after July 23, 09. Thats what most stores showing me.:spy

PS: Shopto seems to be lowest price on net 19 UK pounds.

Last edited:
The guy from atari in australian TV video clearly mentioned 19th july release date.. If he didnt knew the actual date then he would have never mentioned it in the Video. So i guess it is 19th july(i hope so, coz my vacations ends on 1st august and i wanna enjoy the game before hat)

It doesn't work like that. Sales of tennis games will be up this fortnight because of Wimbledon, after the championships their sales will drop dramatically.

Releasing during the 4th Test also runs the risk of the Ashes already being decided. If England are 3-0 down, sales are going to be terrible in this country.

Codemasters/Transmission need to READ THIS.

Seriously, if Ashes 2009 sells well, then EA Sports 2011 Cricket World Cup is guaranteed next year. Peter Moore said they'll be testing if there is still a market for cricket games, and I'm sure he meant to say how well Ashes does.

For the sake of cricket gaming, they need to release this around the Ashes, not after it ends.

why would they care

Basically, why would codies care, that dosnt make sense if you ask me.
They dont want EA to release, then they have less competition.
That is not a vaild arguement.

I would think they want EA to think that there is no market, so they can get everything for them self.

I hope they do soon release a date, or we will lose interest :(

Perhaps they are waiting for last minute squad releases for the ashes, then they know how many new player models they might have to russtle up etc etc. Just incase there are any last minutes additions you know.

I can't see it being "too" long before they give us a release date set it stone.

*Last famous words* lol.

Perhaps they are waiting for last minute squad releases for the ashes, then they know how many new player models they might have to russtle up etc etc. Just incase there are any last minutes additions you know.

I can't see it being "too" long before they give us a release date set it stone.

*Last famous words* lol.

Does anyone know when the squads get announced?

The aussie squad has been... just the 11 hasnt been finalised... but since they cant even beat sussex they will most likely change the squad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread