Ashes Cricket 2009 [Release Date: still unknown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well all the online shops have got the 7th august uk for ps3 360 Wii and pc , well the Wii will not come then i doubt it,
have justed ordered from game the ps3 and pc versions pay the extra and will get it on the 6th august if thats the true release date ???
;)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If it is 7th August, I don't understand it. The Ashes will be a month in, nearly finished, the football season starts August 8th. Why the hell don't they just release it July 17th?

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Ashes Cricket 2009
Publisher: Atari
Platform: PC
Release Date: July 1, 2009
Release Region: Australia

I don't know if this has already been posted but this is the release date given to IGN.

Link:
IGN-Ashes Cricket 2009

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Haha... now we have July 1! This means I will go and pick up my copy of the game on Wednesday.

This release date has to be a mistake.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
But I never said they were told of release date. I said they had an idea and not an exact ideas. Anyways I am sorry to have caused any trouble
Cheers

Params7

International Cricketer
If it is 7th August, I don't understand it. The Ashes will be a month in, nearly finished, the football season starts August 8th. Why the hell don't they just release it July 17th?

That. Why would they release the game after the real Ashes is almost done?

Eon

Club Cricketer
well the 5th test starts on the 20th of august if it is the 8th of augst thats the 4th test... well day 2 of the 4th test... either way... since it most likely will not be street dated i shall be taking mine home as soon as it comes in :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Maybe they figure not as many people will buy the game due to the Ashes being on. Certainly they won't have as much time to play it with the Ashes to watch. But once it is over people will be in cricket mode and have time to play it.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That. Why would they release the game after the real Ashes is almost done?

May be they can play the game with more craze. Say England has gone down 1- 3 in real ashes, then English supporters can show their anger and knock down Aussies in the game atleast. Likewise, the other way too. ;) :p

To be serious, in the developers/publishers angle, they may be still fixing some of the things like speeds, and some more minor bugs. After fixing those, they have to be sure that new bug is not introduced which means they will be doing another round of smoke testing. All these taking a month's time is not a surprise to me. :)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Maybe they figure not as many people will buy the game due to the Ashes being on. Certainly they won't have as much time to play it with the Ashes to watch. But once it is over people will be in cricket mode and have time to play it.
It doesn't work like that. Sales of tennis games will be up this fortnight because of Wimbledon, after the championships their sales will drop dramatically.

Releasing during the 4th Test also runs the risk of the Ashes already being decided. If England are 3-0 down, sales are going to be terrible in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread