Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

From 403/1 they ended up just over 500ao.

I'm a little suspicious about the middle order and how many runs they'll actually score.

Has anyone played a match with a significant contribution from the middle order?

At the moment it seems as though they give their wickets away too easily, so if you get the first 3 wickets quickly, you skittle them. Also, has anyone found a tail making themselves difficult to dismiss? At the moment they seem a little feeble. I think this could probably be sorted with some stats editing though.

This sounds all too familiar. The only really solid contribution I can remember from the middle order was Marcus North making 60 in the second test (beta 1) of my series. Beyond that, not a lot. As you say, they just seem to get out. As for the tail, I find Johnson and Lee are capable and holding you up every now and then but then someone like Stuart Clark is very easy to get out.

So if someone like Clark was given ratings around the level of Johnson and Lee, that should give us a realistic tail? We could badger Colin into getting some batch operations into his player editor...

As for the middle order, are there any stats which particularly effect a batsman's aggression? Or is the slightly reckless middle order we're seeing just a more subtle version of the hyper-aggression we saw in the un-patched version?

Have tried the new patch and I am glad the lofted shot is much harder now. That was my main gripe last time about. There seems to be only one problem left for me and that is the fact that run-outs seem to back for AI. Apart from that it is great.

hi all,

Have you noticed the advance down wicket bug?

i seen it in beta 1 and also beta 2 (single player mode)

it doesnt happen all the time,but i do get stranded down the pitch,the fielder strolls over to my batsman,picks the ball up and throws it a my stumps,sometimes the wicket keeper gets the ball and throws it at my stumps ..they have all the time in the world ,,i cant get back into my crease... stumped/run out ..dunno

has anybody else noticed this

great game BL99 rip

So if someone like Clark was given ratings around the level of Johnson and Lee, that should give us a realistic tail? We could badger Colin into getting some batch operations into his player editor...

Failing that I can send you my source code...
I want to do it but life is hectic atm. I have work plus deadlines for this book I'm writing.

Has anyone tried what what happen if an opener batted in the middle order? do they still play in the aggressive!

If the the middle order were similar to the openers it would be pretty good!

Like you guys say the middle order rarely contribute!

Would anyone go as far as to say they prefered the AI batting in beta 1 to that of beta 2!?

Have tried the new patch and I am glad the lofted shot is much harder now. That was my main gripe last time about. There seems to be only one problem left for me and that is the fact that run-outs seem to back for AI. Apart from that it is great.

I haven't seen one sign of the AI runout bug, not in tests, certainly and not in the few ODIs I've played.

There's something wrong with the online stats. Average and strikerate are strange. I've played 2 matches (one where I didn't bat) and haven't lost a wicket yet I have a batting average (wrong) and S/R is shown incorrectly here too:

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-30 23-02-29-97.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-30 23-02-29-97.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 37
hi all,

Have you noticed the advance down wicket bug?

i seen it in beta 1 and also beta 2 (single player mode)

it doesnt happen all the time,but i do get stranded down the pitch,the fielder strolls over to my batsman,picks the ball up and throws it a my stumps,sometimes the wicket keeper gets the ball and throws it at my stumps ..they have all the time in the world ,,i cant get back into my crease... stumped/run out ..dunno

has anybody else noticed this

great game BL99 rip

Ive changed my controller and USB port,,but i still cant get back to the crease.

plz ............could you do the advance down the pitch shots...right or wrong selection.......just play advance down the wicket ,and see if you get the stranded out of crease bug

plz test this ......hope its not just me

btw..it doesnt happen all the time

Last edited:
I haven't seen one sign of the AI runout bug, not in tests, certainly and not in the few ODIs I've played.

Just seems to be a lot in T20 matches when really the AI shouldn't have got out. ODI's seem fine so far. I see the issue is with the middle order and I will have to agree with this, they seem to just get themselves out too easily. And the AI seem to struggle against the spinners too much.

Hopefully in future games there will be individual stats for every single player noting how good they are at spin,off-side,short,full, etc. Like Pro Evo Soccer, so that what you bowl to different batsman really has an impact.

Just seems to be a lot in T20 matches when really the AI shouldn't have got out. ODI's seem fine so far. I see the issue is with the middle order and I will have to agree with this, they seem to just get themselves out too easily. And the AI seem to struggle against the spinners too much.

Hopefully in future games there will be individual stats for every single player noting how good they are at spin,off-side,short,full, etc. Like Pro Evo Soccer, so that what you bowl to different batsman really has an impact.

Don't hope, ask! Post it in the 'future installments' thread. :)

I will say it again. Transmission you have to make sure that the middle order make decent contributions and don't collapse. Every codemasters game Ive played the middle order collapses every time. Please fix this, otherwise the game is unplayable, no matter how good it is.

And we need more tail wagging from the AI (unless it's England :P).

Haha nah got bored of smashing the English, Lee wasn't as effective with the reverse swing it was actually Siddle. I was trying to recreate the game going on now but my concentration went out the window when I was trying to slog everything. I was 9/100 when my last two batters put on a 80 run partnership still ended up losing by 100 runs.

better ;) haha, dont you agree?

That'd be right, Mitchell Johnson gets more run outs than wickets...

Is reverse swing available in 2020s now? How early is it available in ODI and Tests?

Users who are viewing this thread