Ashes Cricket 2013 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
So I haven't been on this forum in a long time and decided to take a look, then I see an announcement like this so I'm glad I came back. Looking forward to simply playing an updated cricket game, lets hope this will be an improvement on recent cricket games.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Can't wait to play online with old friends & foes. :D

haseeb99b

School Cricketer
Atlast some good news...!!!

Would be a great news to hear if E.A sports release its new cricket game

FNK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Atlast some good news...!!!

Would be a great news to hear if E.A sports release its new cricket game

No need to wait for ea anymore. Big ant is making a new cricket game..

Vishnu Karthik

School Cricketer
WAIT ! this isn't made by Codemaster or is it ?

i love 505 games for their RPG games but cricket ? if this turns out to be next cricket revolution.. i'm going to be dissapointed

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
WAIT ! this isn't made by Codemaster or is it ?

i love 505 games for their RPG games but cricket ? if this turns out to be next cricket revolution.. i'm going to be dissapointed

Codemasters haven't made a cricket game since Brian Lara International Cricket 2007. This one isn't being made by 505 Games either, it's a Trickstar game.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Codemasters haven't made a cricket game since Brian Lara International Cricket 2007
Indeed that's the only in house Cricket game they've ever made.

505Games even released a Rugby World Cup game that was developed by HB Studios, the company that made EA's Cricket games from Cricket 2002 to 2007, so saying x publisher is better or worse than y doesn't make much sense for games developed externally. Comparing the rugby games HB made under EA to the one they made for 505games might be valid, but otherwise, there's not much of a direct connection.

Of course there is publisher influence in games - it largely comes down to the sort of timeframes and restrictions that they can impose on the developers. While we might think that x game from x developer is terrible, it often does come down to a publisher giving nearly no resources to them and needing to rush a game out of the door.

Cricket Revolution is probably mostly a case of the wrong tool being used for the job - they used a game engine that was designed for shooters, which would have really limited what they could do. It's also a case of a game that had its difficulty set almost totally around your inability to master the controls.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Indeed that's the only in house Cricket game they've ever made.

505Games even released a Rugby World Cup game that was developed by HB Studios, the company that made EA's Cricket games from Cricket 2002 to 2007, so saying x publisher is better or worse than y doesn't make much sense for games developed externally. Comparing the rugby games HB made under EA to the one they made for 505games might be valid, but otherwise, there's not much of a direct connection.

Of course there is publisher influence in games - it largely comes down to the sort of timeframes and restrictions that they can impose on the developers. While we might think that x game from x developer is terrible, it often does come down to a publisher giving nearly no resources to them and needing to rush a game out of the door.

Cricket Revolution is probably mostly a case of the wrong tool being used for the job - they used a game engine that was designed for shooters, which would have really limited what they could do. It's also a case of a game that had its difficulty set almost totally around your inability to master the controls.

Wish EA, or any other developer/studio (maybe 2K series), makes use of a baseball engine for creating a cricket game. Can you imagine the gameplay of the game which uses the same engine as used by "MLB 12 The Show" game? Can't figure out why EA opted out of cricket game as they could leverage the baseball game engine for developing the game initially and then making changes annually for the series to continue a la Madden, FIFA etc.

savvart

Associate Cricketer
Wish EA, or any other developer/studio (maybe 2K series), makes use of a baseball engine for creating a cricket game. Can you imagine the gameplay of the game which uses the same engine as used by "MLB 12 The Show" game? Can't figure out why EA opted out of cricket game as they could leverage the baseball game engine for developing the game initially and then making changes annually for the series to continue a la Madden, FIFA etc.

It's all about - the MONEY. Show me the money...

phanikrishnad

School Cricketer
Trickstar and 505Games are set to announce the official video game for the 2013 Ashes.

553937_452399781467017_138449791_n.jpg
Thank you for making PC version..............:thumbs:thumbs

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wanted to share this...
On the feel of a test match and how it needs to be played...
Found on ESPN Cricinfo
"I always find these fights for safety fascinating. When runs don't matter as much. When it's all about time. It takes intense concentration. Watching every ball closely. There isn't a run target in sight. All you are doing is batting time. And you know that even after three hours of good batting, it could end up amounting to nothing. Reminds me of what Mark Greatbatch once told me about his 655-minute marathon to save the WACA Test in 1988-89. "You are following on, 290 behind, and it was about batting time, you know - little targets. An over meant four minutes, four overs 15 minutes. Eight overs meant half an hour. Fifteen overs an hour.""

cric xfactor

School Cricketer

ea wont be makin any new cricket games because of fifa series and orthers like
bb 2013 etc unless u or i buy ea sports:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread