Ashes Cricket 2013 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

timchrist984

Club Captain
I agree with you there about gameplay, but FIFA has had tons better gamelpay than PES since I've been playing soccer games (FIFA 09, 10, 12, 13). Another question here chief, how fluent is the gameplay? It would be great to see it not be broken up by mini games (catching mechanism in IC10 and AC09), but at the same time, I'd like to have control of the game and not have everything done automatically (just like FIFA is at times).

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree with you there about gameplay, but FIFA has had tons better gamelpay than PES since I've been playing soccer games (FIFA 09, 10, 12, 13). Another question here chief, how fluent is the gameplay? It would be great to see it not be broken up by mini games (catching mechanism in IC10 and AC09), but at the same time, I'd like to have control of the game and not have everything done automatically (just like FIFA is at times).

Yeah: FIFA 09 was, for me, where they turned it around. They adapted much better to next-gen than PES did. I was still playing the PS2 version right through to 2011, about 5 years into next-gen!

We're trying to improve fluidity, and remove some of the dependance on "mini-games" (of which there is only really one variety (Press..... NOW!).
We're trying to make it equally about the decision (IE what am I trying to do) and the execution (how well I do it). I think that will nail the fluency you're talking about.

Allrounder18

Banned
Intact I will advise you to get over with mini games, its a thing of the past even Big Ant games are doing something unique instead of bowling marker and timing meter mini game, how about giving user a control to move its feet inside the crease just before executing a shot to counter swing/seam movement instead of relying on timing bar mini game to execute a canned animation as in ic10.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Intact I will advise you to get over with mini games, its a thing of the past even Big Ant games are doing something unique instead of bowling marker and timing meter mini game, how about giving user a control to move its feet inside the crease just before executing a shot to counter swing/seam movement instead of relying on timing bar mini game to execute a canned animation as in ic10.

Are you the expert on gameplay technicalities? Why do you keep going on and on about Big Ant in this forum? It is not a fight to get the best girl at the prom. Why dont you get over it that this game is different to that one and they dont pretend to be the same. this will have this, that will have that. Just leave it.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Intact I will advise you to get over with mini games, its a thing of the past even Big Ant games are doing something unique instead of bowling marker and timing meter mini game, how about giving user a choice to move its feet inside the crease just before executing a shot to counter swing/seam movement instead of relying on timing bar mini game to execute a canned animation as in ic10.

We have a school of design that has an entirely analogue system based on balance and movement on one stick and shot formation/power on the other. No button presses at all.
But we've been there. And it didn't feel right. Far too difficult.

There's a middle ground, but it takes a long time to hone down and find it. There's so many ways, but a delicate balance.

We're on it. I promise you that.

Allrounder18

Banned
Are you the expert on gameplay technicalities? Why do you keep going on and on about Big Ant in this forum? It is not a fight to get the best girl at the prom. Why dont you get over it that this game is different to that one and they dont pretend to be the same. this will have this, that will have that. Just leave it.

Stop crying and let the smart ones having meaningful discussion.

----------

We have a school of design that has an entirely analogue system based on balance and movement on one stick and shot formation/power on the other. No button presses at all.
But we've been there. And it didn't feel right. Far too difficult.

There's a middle ground, but it takes a long time to hone down and find it. There's so many ways, but a delicate balance.

We're on it. I promise you that.

Really impressed with your thoughts one stick can control movement and foot selection plus the subtle movement of the feet to counter swing/seam and other stick control power and direction. This is exactly what was in my mind.
Care to mention about bowling meter and how it is being handled?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
There is nothing wrong with mini games if they are done right.
It's a game after all and fun gameplay is number one for any
sport game. Lets all be nice and support both games.

Maybe chief needs to bring a secret screenshot for us as
most of us went a little crazy in the last couple of weeks :lol:spy

Lee1981

International Coach
Most of you lot need to get a grip, it's a bloody video game,ffs

They haven't invented a way to get never ending money from your fridge

Let them do there job and stop going on about the same old crap.

Good luck with the game Chief, we will all by 1 or both of the games on offer regardless of what you put in there,

so no need to keep filling your nappies up.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
All EA really did between C2k4 and C07 was update the rosters slightly each time. As Chief said there are pros and cons to new code.

Really? I know you're the expert but Cricket 2004 and EA Cricket 2005 played like completely different games to me. They looked bloody different too!

----------

They haven't invented a way to get never ending money from your fridge

That'd be awesome. Pretty low on money as it stands, atm.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Colin isn't an expert, manee. He makes some editors, good ones too but, that's it.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
EA was pretty consistent with same bugs in all their versions. Gotta agree with Collin there.

Pugazhenthi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am ready to buy original copy of this game.
Eagerly waiting for the release:cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread