Ashes Cricket in Asia

as i said i have sent an e-mail to codemasters about this issue last night and today they have replied me, here is the codemasters reply.......

Subject : Reply from Codemasters ref: xxx02062240hg‏xxx

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, we have passed them on to the producer of the game.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=xxx02062240hgxxx

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

euro added 20 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

guyz it would be better if we directly e-mail to Jamie Firth (Producer of this game)

now i think planetcricket Admins and Mods can do this....

Last edited by a moderator:
The producer does not decide the price of a game. That is decided by the local distributor and market considerations are used, however to avoid the possibility of someone from the UK or Australia just importing cheap copies from India/Pakistan, it is likely that the cost will, at least initially, be close to the amounts in other countries.

As far as I know Codies signed up with a new Indian Distributor working solely for them in BLIC 07 [Was conveyed to me in an email by Sam Cordier] so I'm pretty sure they'd be having release plans in India. As Matt said though, a game producer generally doesn't have any role in marketing, its the publisher majorly and then at the retail end, the distributor.

Considering we don't have an exact release date anywhere, don't expect any information on releases outside the UK/Australia for a while yet.

i doubt many people will buy the original copy if the price goes above 1000 Rs.
its just too much !!

especially when a game like GTAIV is available for 450 Rs Only....i'd say they need to start re-working their strategies and atleast try something new !!

for non-indians / pakistanis.....1000 Rs is quite an amount here...

e.g AC09 - 30euros
AC09 IN INDIA - 60euros

i doubt many people will buy the original copy if the price goes above 1000 Rs.
its just too much !!

especially when a game like GTAIV is available for 450 Rs Only....i'd say they need to start re-working their strategies and atleast try something new !!

for non-indians / pakistanis.....1000 Rs is quite an amount here...

e.g AC09 - 30euros
AC09 IN INDIA - 60euros

60 euros?? oh..too much if that is correct

Because it's illegal? Paying the 4000 rupees will repay the developer for their hard work whereas 50 rupees on a pirated copy will go straight into the pocket of the pirate.

If you can't afford it, you can't have it.

That's not my fault if there in Pakistan almost all PC game CDs ans DVDs are pirated.Why I stop playing games because I have a Pirated CD.It will be foolishness if you spend around 4000Rs to have one CD when you can have that in just 50Rs.You can't stop piracy other then decreasing game rates.

Codies can look at this two way.

Dont relase the game and risk losing a lot of revenue due to piracy

Offer at a resonable price. No one will buy it for Rs 4,000-5,000. A game cannot cost as much as monthly income for some people.

They should relase it for Rs 500 on which I gurantee they can make a profit as long as they outsouruce production to a local company. The cost of making and packaging a DVD in Pakistan is under Rs 10.

even if they will not release still we can have game in Pakistan if it will be a popular one.From where they have it i don't know.

Codies can look at this two way.

Dont relase the game and risk losing a lot of revenue due to piracy

Offer at a resonable price. No one will buy it for Rs 4,000-5,000. A game cannot cost as much as monthly income for some people.

They should relase it for Rs 500 on which I gurantee they can make a profit as long as they outsouruce production to a local company. The cost of making and packaging a DVD in Pakistan is under Rs 10.

Hope the act on this suggestion and I on the behalf on all Pakistanis assure codies that everyone will buy the original game if the price is 400-500:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's not my fault if there in Pakistan almost all PC game CDs ans DVDs are pirated.Why I stop playing games because I have a Pirated CD.It will be foolishness if you spend around 4000Rs to have one CD when you can have that in just 50Rs.You can't stop piracy other then decreasing game rates.
You my friend, are the reason that PC gaming is on the decline, and soon we'll see next to none of it.

If you can steal a refridgerator and get it for free, why pay 10000+ bucks for it? If you can steal a PC, why pay so much to get a good one?

You don't, then why steal games? If the manufacturer of the product has set a certain price, you don't think it is rightly priced you don't buy it. You don't go around stealing it...

Also, even though your point about short availability of original games in Ind / Pak is valid, your intentions are foul and evil. By your logic, even if codies offered the game for 500 bucks you'd choose the pirated one because its 450 bucks less?

Foolishness? So you're trying to suggest that stealing is smart and paying for something is foolish?

You know what, when you buy the original game, you pay to the original developer. When you buy the pirated one, you only pay the person illegally pirating it for you.

When they released Yuvraj Singh International Cricket in 2007, the price was Rs 1700 so im guessing it would be around that for AC 09.

Users who are viewing this thread