Ashes Cricket PC Released

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer
I'm struggling to get a game online! I'm going for the quick play option. Is there a lack of online PC players or am I doing something wrong?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indeed. I don't think Ross knows how economics for game buyers works.

I mean no disrespect by this, but is it cheeky to suggest that he almost certainly knows it better than you? Happy for you to prove me wrong, but this seems like a pretty bold and arrogant claim given his 20+ year successful history in the business without citing your own experience/credentials?

D

Dutch

I mean no disrespect by this, but is it cheeky to suggest that he almost certainly knows it better than you? Happy for you to prove me wrong, but this seems like a pretty bold and arrogant claim given his 20+ year successful history in the business without citing your own experience/credentials?
Ooh cheeky Chief!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I thought that the stores buy them at a certain price from Big Ant then it is up to the store itself on how they want to price it?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
IMO discussion about pricing is pointless. If you like the game and can afford it - buy it. If it's beyond your price point - skip it. There's nothing positive that will come out of second guessing publishers and/ore developers and questioning their business acumen. Give them feedback about gameplay as that's one aspect where users can contribute constructively.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats right i bought the game for 50 on psn , was planning to buy for pc but now will wait for price drop, otherwise satisfied with my ps4 version so far.

kulch

Club Captain
That's true on consoles: This was explicitly about PC where the price is set directly by the developer.

You mean the publishers and historically that's Tru Blu
Ashes there is no Tru Blu. So I'm seeing different launch pricing and even discounted prices already

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You mean the publishers and historically that's Tru Blu
Ashes there is no Tru Blu. So I'm seeing different launch pricing and even discounted prices already

The validation for the price is the fact that this game will have better and longer after game support than DBC 14 or 17.

Plus, they don't have a microtransaction base like in Fifa - hence they need to make the money of the sale price alone. Also, BigAnt is a small "indie" developer although I assume they received some support from ECB and Australian board for licensing.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only thing I found confusing about the price was the fact that it could be so widely varied on the same platform (Steam) on the day of release depending on where you happened to live.

I have never worked in the industry though so there are probably reasons I don't understand. (Also Canada had the cheapest price I saw mentioned here so I wasn't complaining :spy)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
The validation for the price is the fact that this game will have better and longer after game support than DBC 14 or 17.

Plus, they don't have a microtransaction base like in Fifa - hence they need to make the money of the sale price alone. Also, BigAnt is a small "indie" developer although I assume they received some support from ECB and Australian board for licensing.

Indications suggest that there's 2000 players on PC so far. At that price it's $100k in the bank. So I'd say it's paying off.

Users who are viewing this thread