Ask Questions to EA Sports Producer Andrew Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew_nixon said:
No, you'll stick to the topic. I could always just delete all your posts if you don't want to follow forum rules.

This topic is to post questions about Cricket 2005 for the game's producer Andrew Wilson. Stick to that topic.
Mind you, it would be easier to stay on topic if we ever heard from this Wilson character. "Give him a chance" you might say. But compared to RubberGenius, it's very lacklustre given that both games have approximately the same release date.

So we'd start talking out-of-topic BS if Andrew Wilson doesn't reply? How logical! The main idea behind threaded discussions is to keep all chat regarding a certain topic to kept inside one thread, so there is no reason to post irrelevant stuff on this thread which is meant to post questions to be asked to EA Sports regaridng c2005.

If anyone wants to chat about, say "why carrots aren't white" they are perfectly free to start such a thread in the general forum.

Stick to the topic okay, the topic is to ask questions to Mr.Andrew Wilson.
everyone asked questions thousands of them but no answer

i have some Q's
will there be more weather options in day/night matches?
will there be an IndoPak and asians 11 team will it have all the intl. teams including team USA or will it only have the teams from cricket 2004?

Any idea if Andrew Wilson has read the questions? It's been a week now, hasn't it? Perhaps we'll here from him the week before the game is released, to come advertise it.

ritwik said:
If anyone wants to chat about, say "why carrots aren't white" they are perfectly free to start such a thread in the general forum.
Its already done... :crying

Mr. Wilson, will EA Cricket 2005 feature technologies such as Hawkeye, Ultra Motion?
Will it have Umpires who are actually the real umpires of the ICC?
Will the face expressions be dynamic? like in Fifa 2005 and other Ea brand games?
Will be extra ordinary characteristics of players like Harmison, Akhtar and Lee to bowl upto speeds in excess of 160 km/h?
Will their be 3d crowd instead of pictures being taken and put on the stands in stadia? Fifa's crowd are highly realistic.
Will there be celebrations after a win, like say, running along the boundary rope? and holding trohpies/titles?
Will there be post match awards such as Man of the Match, best fielder, etc?

Thank You.
If you are out of time and can't include these features, Cricket 2006/07 should feature all of the above.
Regards.

gambino said:
unlike cricket 2004 will we be able to play full tour series between india and pakistan.
in cricket 2004 we could only play tests.

very good qns .i m also wondering the same thing.in cricket 2004 we can just play a test series between 2 countries but not a full series which also include ODI"S./

For players like Andrew Flintoff and Simon Jones, who are classed are fast-medium but can bowl ball's/over's in excess of 90 mph, will there be ability for them to bowl a few ball's quicker than their usual 80-90 mph? A button for an effort ball perhaps?

Last edited:
The perfect Game play---A Suggestion

Hello,
Cricket from ea sports always dissappointed me except cricket 98 ashes tour and cricket 2002. To make things real a bit more any cricket game developer these days needed to introduce as much bowling and batting actions as they can in this way they would be able to present something new and catchy. Well for this sake i have a suggestion that how to enable unlimited actions in the game. Simple! just an algorithm needed to write down the bowler or batsmen actions. The main thing which is required is that of an environment or editor where you maipulate these actions, only arms movement and a little body leaning backward and forward and few steps all goes to make an action of shoib akhter or bradlee. It could be think in a dynamic animation giving to bowlers rather a motion captured one. Poser Like things...
The next part which would become appealing is that huge commentary, when i say huge commentary it means that the commentrator should call names of every existing and new players(players edited/created of gamers own). How to accomplish this first get rid of old voices(Richie Benaud), talk to technology use a voice producer program embedded thats it. this also meant that the commentary would also become dynamic and no need to store commentary files. Scratch example is microsoft voice technology.

forget the AI part..u cant expect it to be excellent..good maybe(?)..but atleast can we have accurate run rates and economy rates displayed ??..it is really sick to see a bowler who has gone for 11 runs in 1.5 overs have a economy rate of 11!! Cricket 97 used to dispaly accurates run rates!!One more thing....one more sick thing is to see a batsman who has scored 4 runs have 2 boundries displayed..so will attention be given to such basics..which the previous editions did ?

and one more..in addition to my previous question..do you really expect bowlers like heath streak,scot styris,daryll tuffey,corey collymore,shaun pollock to bowl in the 150+kmh range? well yes..in cricket 2004!! so will cricket 2005 be more realistic in the bowling speeds of bowlers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread