Australia ODI side named

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I just realised what a boring team this is going to be

Watson and haddin are good but Clarke, White, Husseys Smith, how very boring.

Your definition of boring is not the same as mine. I enjoy watching all those guys bat. You can't have 7 Kieron Pollard's in a team (or 7 Shaun Marsh's :p)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Clarke is not boring at all. One of my favorite batsman to watch. He just oozes class.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Those guys like Clarke, Ferguson and Shaun Marsh are who I call 'the Phil Hughes example'. They all got brillian technique and talent, but end up always getting out cheaply.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Then why not pick him for the tour of India or even the pointless SL series? If you are going to pick bolters who haven't played in the past few series then they should at least have some form. You can't deny that this is another of the crazy selections.

Ye no doubt. As you may remember i was calling for Dussey recall to the ODI side since after the T20 WC in all those threads. Since i saw his potential use in the sub-continent if he clicked over Ferguson.

So clearly now the selectors have come to realisation. But given the complications with naming the squad they have put themselves in a complicated situation.

Theirfore is see both sides to this argument. Given im a Dussey backer, just like how Ponting was backing Symonds potential before the 2003 WC, my hunch is that he may silence critics. But obviously at the same time, they way the selectors have gone about picking him means if he doesn't step up now, they have no room to replace him given the WC squad has to be named after the 1st ODI.

For this particular format I feel he is.

Na, not at all. As i said before, seeing Christian in international cricket in the last year, Champions league, bigbash, prime minsters XI vs ENG match. Im not too convinced he is as good as his domestic form has shown. Hasting is better seam bowling all-rounder to bat @ # 7/8, which the highest either of them should bat for AUS. Hussey regardless of his form is competent top order batsmen who once batting well can play # 3-6 for AUS, Christian or Hastings cant.

Users who are viewing this thread