Australia tour of New Zealand 2010

2 Auckland ODIs :/

Give the other to Christchurch. At least we get a T20 :D

5 ODIs is far too excessive.

Christchurch got the short end of the deal this season. They need to make a proper cricket ground down there sport is always well supported in Canterbury.

AMI stadium isn't a great ground for cricket (size, etc) but the pitch and outfield are top draw. To get 1 T20 and a ODI against Bangladesh is crap all. I mean, I didn't expect a test as we have no test ground (they're working on it, slowlyyyy) but we shoulda got an AUS ODI also.

The two games at Eden Park will only have 8000 people max, because of the re-development. Kind of stupid having two games against Australia there tbh.

Agreed, it's so ridiculous.

This just shows how overdone ODIs are now. I don't believe we have ever had a 5 match ODI series against the Kiwis.
We did back in 2005 when we last went there for a Test Series. It was the tour we had before going to England.

I personally think that 5 ODIs is the right number. I assume it'll be the Chappell/Hadlee Series. I agree it should be 3 tests.

Last edited:
The AMI Stadium shouldnt be hosting any matches. Its not ideal for cricket.
With strong teams you can except scores in the range of 350-400 for ODIs and 250 around for T20s.

That's an exaggeration considering NONE of those scores have ever been reached except for once, which was the previous game there.

It's a fair wicket for all 100 overs always and produces 280-320 in ODIs mostly.

The only reason India scored 392 was because of Tendulkar. The pitch was flat, yes, but not worth 400. His innings was absolutely stunning. Our bowling line up didn't help either. Vettori was out and Southee's inexperience showed.

Last edited:
Would love to see the kiwis give a good bashing to the aussies. Bond will stamp his authority as to who is the current best fast bowler in the world! Hope they would repeat the 07 Chappell-Hadlee series victory! It's a shame though only 2 test matches, here's a solution reduce a t20 and convert that into a test match.

Daylight saving finishing is the cause for the loss of the 3rd test.

The pitch was flat, yes, but not worth 400. His innings was absolutely stunning. Our bowling line up didn't help either. Vettori was out and Southee's inexperience showed.

The ground dimensions are not suited for the game.
The pitch isnt a problem,the ground itself is.

It'll be a tad bigger once construction is finished, but I agree. Eden Park is the same size so it should be in the same boat.

Both of those grounds anoy me not so much because they are so small but because they are very uneven for example the mid wicket slog for a left hander at Eden Park is just a joke. To be honest rugby has stuffed those grounds beyond repair I just hope somthing else comes up for those regions. Wellington had the right idea with Westpac Trust Stadium make it a big oval which a rugby pitch can easily fit in the middle. Probably the only ground we have by world standards which isn't considered small. I also think Dunedin missed the boat with there new just for rugby ground why not make a good multi sport ground and you might well get some decent cricket matches too.

It sums up this country. They only care about the Rugby.

We have the Cricket World Cup here soon (with AUS of course) after the RWC too.

Users who are viewing this thread