Australia Under 28's

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
South Africa under 28's is also fairly impressive....
1.Graeme Smith ( captain )
2.AB de Villiers ( wicket keeper )
3.JP Dumminy
4. Jacques Rudolph
5.Albie Morkel
6.Justin Ontong
7.Andrew Puttick
8.Johan Botha
9.Morne Morkel
10. Dale Steyn
11.Mario Olivier

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I htink what we can agree is Australia are buggered :p Ok maybe not but theres a lot of talent coming through for all the nations, but it's the mental ability to do it conistsently at the highest level which will decide how successful they are and thats why Australia are so good.

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
yeah i don't think Australia will be so strong in a few years there just doesn't seem to be enough promising players...

A_Whitey

Club Cricketer
jordan46-27329.jpg
Chris Jordan! Sussex player, prodigy - future England player for sure. Griffo and I's player of the future IMO. He will be the only reason why I like England. If you look at my current MSN pic - its of the future legend that is Chris Jordan.

Surrey actually. First class batting and bowling averages just over 24, one day bowling is just over 20. Will be immense if he is given time to learn his game.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
South Africa under 28's is also fairly impressive....
1.Graeme Smith ( captain )
2.AB de Villiers ( wicket keeper )
3.JP Dumminy
4. Jacques Rudolph
5.Albie Morkel
6.Justin Ontong
7.Andrew Puttick
8.Johan Botha
9.Morne Morkel
10. Dale Steyn
11.Mario Olivier
Botha and Ontong are dreadful

rickyp

International Coach
Lets not forget, where were Clark, Clarke, Johnson and Hussey 5 years ago?

And how good were Symonds, Jaques and Lee 5 years ago?

People will come out of the woodwork, and other players will mature beyond belief, its just the way the cricket world works.

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
He's undecided, I hope not though, I think he feels West Indian but he knows England will be better for his career and his time at Surrey and in the county game has helped him develop into the player he is.

Well, for the good of Cricket, I hope he actually plays for the country he was actually born and raised in.

By the way, why the hell are people posting their best under 28 teams for other country's in this thread? The thread title is "Australia Under 28's", hope that helps next time. :rolleyes:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Well, for the good of Cricket, I hope he actually plays for the country he was actually born and raised in.

By the way, why the hell are people posting their best under 28 teams for other country's in this thread? The thread title is "Australia Under 28's", hope that helps next time. :rolleyes:
I'm sure you would but if the next Don Bradman was born and raised in England I doubt you'd be complaining if Australia played him :p Surrey has played a big part in his development so English cricket deservs something back because one of our kids has missed out. Whether or not Surrey should have been allowed to do what they did in the first place is different though.

People are posting other teams to see how the Australians compare with them. I know your Australian but it's not really complicated

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Lets not forget, where were Clark, Clarke, Johnson and Hussey 5 years ago?

And how good were Symonds, Jaques and Lee 5 years ago?

People will come out of the woodwork, and other players will mature beyond belief, its just the way the cricket world works.
I couldn't resist a tale.

Symonds, a well established 27 year old all rounder in domestic cricket and a veteran of several ODIs, was looking the national selectors' axe in the face. A few words from Ricky Ponting kept him in the World Cup side and a few more when the chips were down saw him unleash his potential; a player previously thought by many to be a bowler with some handy hitting ability became one of the most destructive batsmen in world cricket.

The irrepressible Mr Cricket already had 7 full seasons with WA and was beginning his run of dominance in England. In 2001, he topped the tables, scoring 2055 runs for Northants at an average of 79. It was concurrent with a missed chance to break into the Australia top order following the axing of Slater in the 2001 Ashes. Nevertheless, he remained a popular name with pundits, not to mention the selectors when they convened to pick an Aus A squad.

Jaques, 23, having struggled to crack into the seemingly invulnerable NSW side, was just about to embark on his debut county season with Northants, having qualified as a British passport holder. He joined Mike Hussey in the top order, forming a formidable combo and scoring 5 centuries in his 16 matches. It proved a resourceful ploy, rocketing him into the NSW team, as well as establishing a grey cloud of fear over county bowlers.

Stuart Clark had been in and around the game for several years, like Jaques, finding it difficult to get a game, but 01/02 was his breakthrough season. He took 45 wickets, which left him second only to Kasprowicz, who was at the time considered the best bowler in the domestic scene by his peers. This then lead to Australia A selection at the beginning of 02/03, touring South Africa with players such as Simon Katich, Andrew Symonds, Nathan Bracken, Brad Hogg, Mike Hussey and Justin Langer.

Unlike Clark or Jaques, Michael Clarke danced his way into the NSW lineup. The 21 year old wunderkind had just made his debut in the ODI team, having already made 3 first class centuries for NSW and in the midst of a season where he made 4 more. There was little doubt that one of the youngest ever Australian domestic players was destined for greater glories.

Mitchell Johnson had been labelled as 'a once in a generation bowler' at age 17 and subsequently, toured England as an under-19 and was selected by Queensland at age 21. Alas, recurring back injury reduced him to a grade cricket batsman for most of the first 3 years of his first class career and he didn't even feature in 02/03. However, even if not a well known performer, he was well known to the big dogs and following a full recovery from injury, he toured Pakistan with Aus A.

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
Surrey has played a big part in his development so English cricket deservs something back because one of our kids has missed out. Whether or not Surrey should have been allowed to do what they did in the first place is different though.

I could not care less about that. No one made you help with the development of him, it was your choose to do it. Just because you helped out the player doesn't mean you have any rights to him. He should play with his home country, they need him a lot more then you.

People are posting other teams to see how the Australians compare with them.

Yes, thank you for that. I can see why they're doing it, but it doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't really be doing it at all. The thread was started to talk about Australia's best under 28's side. It was made for Australians (and yes, fans of other country's) to only talk about that. It sure wasn't made for some supporters to try and pathetically hyping up their own young players against our young players.

I know your Australian but it's not really complicated

That's neither clever or amusing.

Although he is NOWHERE near it at the moment and neads to get alot fitter, Mark Cosgrove still has bucketloads of talent, and is still pretty young.

He'll never make it IMO. If he can't get it together at his age right now, he'll never get it together. By the way, he's the fattest cricket player I've ever seen. Waste of talent.

Next...

Last edited:

blake

School Cricketer
Zorax, I think you mixed up Ishant Sharma with Rohit Sharma in your Indian Under 28 team...

Can't see Ishant batting at number 5.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I could not care less about that. No one made you help with the development of him, it was your choose to do it. Just because you helped out the player doesn't mean you have any rights to him. He should play with his home country, they need him a lot more then you.
It wasn't English crickets choice it was Surreys because they want a good player not an England player, I ever said we had any right to him, I said English cricket deserves something back from him taking one of our youngsters spots which we do. Just because Windies are crap doesn't mean he has to play for Windies, it's who he feel a connection with and its his choice at the end of the day, his career and I doubt he could care what people like you think of it.

Yes, thank you for that. I can see why they're doing it, but it doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't really be doing it at all. The thread was started to talk about Australia's best under 28's side. It was made for Australians (and yes, fans of other country's) to only talk about that. It sure wasn't made for some supporters to try and pathetically hyping up their own young players against our young players.
No-ones hyping up their own players, their seeing how Australias players stack up against the best other sides of the world. If your no going to compare them whats the point? I could go on bragging about Englands best kids and how their really talented but if the rest of the world has got kids twice as good their obviously going to say something. If you don't compare them then you don't know how successful Australias will be and how good they are. England are the best side in the world if you don't compare them with Australia, India South Africa and Sri Lanka.
That's neither clever or amusing.
like you then

Last edited:

.Mob

International Coach
India's U-28 rules.

Yuvi
Dhoni
Raina
Sreesanth
RP
Ishant Sharma
Chawla
Pathan
Uthappa
Tiwary
Bandarith
Rohit Sharma

Off the top of my head. Watch out for these guys to be the next dominant team.

Badrinath.

WHERE IS KARTHIK?

Users who are viewing this thread