Australian Domestic Cricket

What do you mean NSW are struggling?

NSW 2/151 and 1 day to go, they still have another innings to bat.....

For my high standards I call it struggling, they won't lose but that doesn't mean you should drop your standards.

Gutted for Smith so deserved a 100 today. Katich grabbed his and Khawaja made a good 50. Looks like we will concede 1st innings points now.

With a few players missing now, Victoria look a bit weak and Tassie are cashing in on brilliant batting conditions. Although there were some early wickets to Harwood and Pattinson, with the new balls swinging a bit. Rhett Lockyear opened the batting and brought up a maiden 100 while captain George Bailey anchored the innings at the other end. McGain bowled ten solid overs in his first limited overs game of the season and was unlucky not to get more than one wicket. Hussey also dropped a very easy catch off his own bowling, but in general, the part-timers let the game get away.

It seems Harwood and Pattinson will prevent Tasmania from reaching 300, but the full strength of the Victorian batting order will be needed tonight in the chase.

Great cricket from Lockyear, he's not a regular opener, is he? Hopefully we can chase this down, we'll need Hodge and Hussey in top form!

Nice to see Finch finally deliver on his potential. And good knock by Hastings who also was due to deliver with the bat.

Yeah, I was starting to lose faith in Finch. Good support from Hodge, Quiney, Wade and Hastings. Tassie bowlers were poor.....

Great finish to last nights game. After Geeves dot on the first ball, I thought that it would make it interesting but Finch hit and excellent six to win the game. Honestly, I didn't give Victoria much of a chance half-way through their innings but that was a great partnership from Finch and Hastings.

I totally gave up on the Vics at the 30 over mark, run rate required was too high with not much batting left, or so I thought! Finch played superbly, really sensible knock. Lets hope he kicks on this season, Aussie cricket needs more under 23 guys making big runs.

How dog of Dan Harris, declaring with Klinger on 92...wasn't a Victorian innings declared once when Klinger was on the verge of his maiden ton, on 99*?

Users who are viewing this thread