Australian Domestic Cricket

Great start for the Vics today, 2/14 QLD. 300 looks a long way off yet.

Great viewing, I love watching Aussie FC cricket.

Another thing, White and McDonald both average 36 for the Vics with the bat, yet Macca is nowhere near test selection and apparently White is? Plus his bowling average (28) is way below White's (40). :help With those stats Macca would be playing test cricket for most countries.

Last edited:
Obviously the average pundit spends more time watching limited overs cricket than looking at players' stats for their domestic teams. However, his last 20 odd games for Victoria have resulted in quite a good run. He was wise to go to Somerset, because the run of hundreds he made was noticed and the stint buffed his first class average quite a bit.

But it goes without saying that there are some talented players around. Victoria are running without Harwood, Nannes, Siddle, McKay or James Pattinson and their bowling still looks sharp enough.

Pretty sure Paine would have been backup keeper for the Ashes if he wasn't injured. Hard to know who the Test one is since Paine has ODI experience while Wade has been going really well.

I think Chris Swan should be in the minds of the Australian selectors. Takes wickets, makes the ball talk, is economical in one dayers and is a very handy lower order batsman averaging around 26.

Thoughts?

He's not a chance at all. Good performer though. Cutting or Copeland before him. No idea why George was chosen before Copeland, his stats are incredible.

Swann certainly has been performing well but hes past the too old stage and the youngsters are actually performing so not like we are desperate. Cutting is also a decent lower order batter as is Copeland.

He's not a chance at all. Good performer though. Cutting or Copeland before him. No idea why George was chosen before Copeland, his stats are incredible.

While it's all well and good playing the younger guys and I know we don't want to keep playing older blokes, but theres gotta be a point when you starting thinking about who are the best 11 blokes irregardless of age. At 31 HYPOTHETICALLY he could give us a good 5 years of service.

Copeland has still only played 5 FC matches so he's still very raw and needs to adjust to professional cricket. He just needs a bit more experience and exposure before he'd be ready to play international cricket.

Love watching Quiney bat, Mark Waugh is correct when he says he has a Stephen Fleming-like technique, graceful stuff. That six off Feldman was effortless.

Nick Jewel is somewhat of a forgotten man, doesnt get 1000 runs a year but does such an effective job with his limited technique.

Love watching Quiney bat, Mark Waugh is correct when he says he has a Stephen Fleming-like technique, graceful stuff. That six off Feldman was effortless.

I believe cricketmad09 would say otherwise about Quiney!

Oh boy Queensland blew their chance and now are really paying for it.

Another late bloomer. Wouldn't have mattered, since he was another sufferer of the 'Stuart MacGill/Matthew Elliot/Brad Hodge' syndrome of being born in the wrong time.

Not Elliott, he had his chances and blew it big time, got recalled twice and failed both times. Almost got kicked home from the WI tour at one point for 'team' related issues. Not many players have positive words to say about Matty....insular fellow. But, all of that doesnt matter if he got runs, which he didnt.

Robelinda added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

I think Boyce is going to be a cult hero pretty quickly.

High praise- Ashley Mallett, the former Test offspinner and respected coach, is in no doubt about the qualities of the Queensland leggie Cameron Boyce. "He is the best spinner in Australia not in first-class cricket," Mallett said in 2007-08.

Users who are viewing this thread