Australian Domestic Cricket

Big final day!

QLD on top early, two wickets in the first hour- both openers. All the pressure on the middle order now of Hussey and White.

Funny thing at the toss, Simpson said to Mark Waugh, "hopefully there will be some help for the bowlers.....for the first 20 mins." They both laughed! :p FLAT road of a pitch for 5 days. No secret the MCG is flat for shield finals.

White looking really good, technique solid. QLD are trying to pitch it up to him, which is right. Pitch looks flat, if batsmen get in its gonna be hard work for the bowlers.

On friday it will be sweet, NZ v Aus on Fox Sports 1, Shield Final on Fox Sports 2- 3 days of switching between!

White bowled on a flat track, certainly hasn't made the selectors regret not picking him.

aussie1st added 0 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Any of the CA streams working? Can't get mine to load

Foxsports have the right so CA can't stream.

Hodgkins has done a great job at the MCG this summer. It's not necessarily easy to prepare as lively a pitch at the end of the season as at the midpoint. The pitches have been in something of a sweet spot this summer, ranging from 300 tracks for one dayers to the lighting quick surface we saw for the T20I. It may be pretty flat, but in high quality contests, all you need is for the odd ball to go a couple of inches.

Liking Boyce so far. Good recovery by Victoria, particularly Wade. It should keep going their way until the new ball. With the way Queensland bat, 250 probably wouldn't be a bad score.

He only got hit out in the last couple of overs, shouldn't have bowled 10 overs on the trot anyway.

Very good leg break, but didn't show a lot of variations. Did pretty well on a wicket that wasn't expected to take turn. The left hander got too much of a look.

He'd batted for a million hundreds up to that point, so it's a shame, but it was an innings of value and good character all the same. It was the second last over, so you could see why he was in a hurry. He's still got plenty more keeping and batting to do; he can't afford to have a sleepless night just yet!

Wade is a serious talent, I thyink he has jumped Manou as the backup test keeper, i'm not sure Paine is there yet, just for ODI's now.

Users who are viewing this thread