Australian Domestic Season 2006-07

Wow thanks so much for all the support guys. I'm not too sure how I'm going to do this I only just recently joined so I'm kinda new. I might need some help. I figured a different person could manage each club and they take care of things like team line-up for matches, injuries, resting players and whatnot. I thought that from there we could have a person that actually plays the matches (a different person for each competition). Then you guys send me or post the results of the games (scorecards, batting scorecard and bowling, player of the match, stats, etc) then from there I can make a decision on the Australian team for when the Ashes rolls around. I could play the international matches but I may need someone else to play the ODIs and T20Is. It's up to you guys on how you create each of the players and how good you make them, but obviously keep in mind that the ones with the asterix will be the best and the captains will more than likely be the best player in the team as well. Cheers

Normally is how leagues work here on PC is that the league managers (in this case you) are in charge of simming the matches, and then you'd appoint other members to manage the teams, like you say; take care of things like team line-up for matches, injuries, resting players and whatnot.

Of course you're free to try something new out, but I'm not sure how much interest you'd get in terms of trying to get other people to help in the simming of the matches, because people that have that time would normally have there own leagues, which like I said above normally that involves the simming their league matches. Also afaik there aren't Cricket 07 leagues atm, so I'm not sure how many people here in the leagues section actually have access to it.

In terms of your last sentence, if you're going to try and get other people to sim some of the matches, it'd probably work best if you ensured that all of the files had the same ratings etc. I don't really know how Cricket 07 works, but if possible you could create all of the teams, and then send out the files to others to sim the matches. You'd actually have to get all of the files to match up, because you're using made up players.

All in all I think there's some good potential in the idea, and there's definitely enough interest out there in terms of getting team managers, but in order to get it off the ground it might involve you taking up all of the simming of the matches.

Users who are viewing this thread