Australian Open 2005

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Did anyone watch the Hewitt Vs Nalbandian aussie open quarterfinal today , one of the most stunning gmes i have ever watched
gr8 sense of determination and fighting spirit shown by the 2 players .

Any aussies who watched it on Australia Day ! A gr8 gift to the nation by Lleyton Hewitt . I think that the match must have been on till midnight Australian Time
I saw the whole game as it was on during the evening here in India.
Rod Laver Arena
Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)[3]
def.
David Nalbandian (ARG)[9]
6-3 6-2 1-6 3-6 10-8

It was indeed an awesome game! Damn Hewitt! :mad

Nalbandian should have won :(

But anyways,go FEDERER!!!!!!!! BUt I like Safin too :(

Same with me , i like both federer and safin but have to cheer for federer .
I doubt whether Hewitt will have any energy left after the 2 epic 5 setters against Nadal and Nalbandian to take on Roddick on friday
BTW neither of the 2 (hewitt or Nalbandian) deserved to lose today .

I particularly liked one shot by nalbandian in the game which hewitt broke in th 5th set ,
Nalbandian hit the hewitt lob between his legs to take the game to deuce

Last edited:
yeah I will be supporting Federer too :)

And I hate both Roddick AND Hewitt.IT should have been Federer vs Hewitt and Roddick vs Safin.....then it could've been Safin vs Federer in the final :)

I don't hate anyone really, Hewitt is the only one left waving the Aussie flag so I'll have to support him. He's a real chance of matching it with Roddick, although would have been better off without those two 5 setters

[/QUOTE]I don't hate anyone really, Hewitt is the only one left waving the Aussie flag so I'll have to support him. He's a real chance of matching it with Roddick, although would have been better off without those two 5 setters
Even i do not hate hewitt but i support federer bcoz of his style of play ! Very charming :) :cheer

Meanwhile , the indo-aussie pairing of Todd Woodbridge and Mahesh Bhupati lost to Wayne Black and Kevin ullyet

Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Wayne Black (ZIM)[5]/
Kevin Ullyett (ZIM)[5]
def.
Mahesh Bhupathi (IND)[3]/
Todd Woodbridge (AUS)[3]
7-6(3) 6-3

Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Lindsay Davenport (USA)[1]
def.
Alicia Molik (AUS)[10]
6-4 4-6 9-7

Yeah Federer is the best tennis player in the world by far, and the best match i have seen in a while has to be the quater final between Aggassi and Federer, Aggassi was so gutsy but Federer showed his class, a 3 set win for Federer did not portray Aggassi's class

Yep, Federer is the dogs. He's got it all; touch, power, temperament. He'll be up there with the likes of Sampras and Borg soon, if not already.

okay the mens winner is undoubtably gonna be Federer, but who do you reckon will take the women's crown, personally i feel Sharapova has got the skill, determination and power to beat any woman

sharapova must win the ladies singles title ,

Federer vs Safin has been a thriller so far...Safin looks better but I feel Federer will come out on top.Current Score:

1st Set-7-5 to Federer

2nd Set-6-4 to Safin

3rd Set-3-3(still going on)

GO FEDERER :)

gold639 said:
Federer vs Safin has been a thriller so far...Safin looks better but I feel Federer will come out on top.Current Score:

1st Set-7-5 to Federer

2nd Set-6-4 to Safin

3rd Set-3-3(still going on)

GO FEDERER :)
Ya I watching that right now and its turning out to be very exciting match.

Federer has lost his first set in the compitition,nooo.

Users who are viewing this thread