Story Australia's 2010-11 Summer [3rd Test, Day 1, Tea]

It spun vicously, between Hussey's bat and pad, then hit leg stump.

If it spun viciously, yet still went between bat and pad, that would mean Hussey was playing for even more spin?! Lookout Aussies - it's Shane Swann! :lol

The video seems to bear this out. In fact in the video it looks (to me) like Hussey is playing some other ball entirely, while the delivery bowls him through his legs.

Not criticizing, just having a bit of fun. :p

ashes.JPG

Broad Picks Up North

Hello and welcome back to the 'Gabba where Stuart Broad has claimed his first Australian scalp of the Summer. After a bad start he has got his act to together and is bowling well. He is just bowling a nagging length and trying to tempt the Aussie batsmen in to playing big shots.

The man to go was Western Australian, Marcus North. Broad bowled him a straight one and he attempted to flick the ball through the leg side. He was a fraction too late on the shot and ended up edging to Alastair Cook at 2nd slip. He was out for 16 and the score was 5-170.

Marcus North Wicket

Brad Haddin then joined Clarke at the crease and looked comfortable straight away. He has been leaving the wide ones and is timing his shots perfectly. He is on 16 from 34 balls and is set. If he can push on and make a big score Australia will be in a good position.

Going in to the tea break, Michael Clarke is on 93 not out. He has played brilliantly, facing just 168 balls and hitting 7 boundaries. He will be looking to complete his hundred quickly and not get bogged down in the nervous 90's.

Match Status: Day 1, Tea, Australia- 5/204

Cricket%252520again.jpg

2nd Session Highlights:

Scorecards: Batting, Batting (Advanced), Bowling, Match Summary

So, will Clarke push on and make his hundred? Or will England grab another wicket and swing the momentum back in their favour? Stay tuned for more action from the 'Gabba.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Why dont you try something different with the text? Presentation is equally important to writing. And you've got some good writing skills!

The promos you uploaded were cool!

Last edited:
Sorry, for not updating in a while. I've been busy with exams at school. I'm on holidays now, so if I don't end up going away, I'll be updating more regularly.

ashes.JPG

Clarke Completes His Hundred

Michael Clarke has completed his hundred here at the 'Gabba. He has played superbly, fluently driving through the cover region. He is currently on 121 from 222 deliveries and has his 10 fours. Clarke has simply been playing to his strengths. He has been running quickly between the wickets and turning lots of ones in to twos. He has proven that he is a world class batsmen capable of tearing quality bowling attacks to pieces.

Clarke's Hundred:

At the other end, Haddin has lost his wicket. He slashed at fullish, wideish, ball from Anderson and edged straight to Trott at 2nd slip. Haddin was out for 26 from 57 and in came Mitch 'Slogathon' Johnson.

Haddin's Innings:

Johnson has been playing very aggressively and is looking to smash every ball to the boundary. After a couple of swings and misses he latched on to the 3rd ball he faced. He hit it, clean as a whistle straight over the long off fence for 6. Johnson is currently on 14 from 9 and is giving English captain, Andrew Strauss, plenty to think about.

Johnson's Slog:

Australia are going along comfortably at 3.45 RPO. Johnson has obviously been told to push the score along so Australia can make a declaration around lunch time on day 2. The English bowlers will be all fired up after the drinks break. They will be looking remove Johnson and expose the tail.

Match Status: Day 1, 3rd Session, Drinks, Australia- 6/259

Clarke%25252C%252520Johnson%25252C%252520Strauss.jpg

Scorecards: Batting, Batting (advanced), Bowling, Match Summary

Will Johnson keep entertaining the crowd with his powerful hitting? Or will England make a breakthrough and expose the Aussie tail? Stay tuned for more from the 'Gabba.​

Johnson's batting was pretty enjoyable to watch (read, I mean). Nice write-up. KIU!:thumbs

ashes.JPG

Clarke Is Dismissed

Hello and welcome back to the ‘Gabba where the magnificent innings of Michael Clarke has come to an end. His wicket has triggered a mini-collapse, meaning Australia only have 1 wicket in hand at stumps. Mitch Johnson is at the crease on 50 not out and he is partnered by Tasmanian, Ben Hilfenhaus. The match is fairly evenly balanced going in to day 2, but Australia have the runs on the board, giving them a slight advantage.

Michael Clarke was on 126 when his innings came to an end. He tried to drive a ball from Finn that was a fraction too short. He got a healthy outside edge that carried comfortably to Jonathan Trott at 3rd slip. Clarke rose his bat and saluted the Brisbane crowd as he made his way back to the pavilion. His hundred was one to remember. It contained 10 fours and was scored at strike rate of 52.28.

The next man to go was debutant, Xavier Doherty. He played on to a Broad out-swinger and was out for a 3 ball duck. Peter Siddle was the new batsmen. He didn’t long either. Finn bowled him a full ball on leg stump and Siddle attempted a big on drive. He was far too late on the shot and was trapped plumb LBW for 3.

Clarke, Doherty and Siddle Wickets

Mitch Johnson and Ben Hilfenhaus then batted cautiously until stumps. Johnson is currently on 50 from 59 balls and Hilfenhaus is on 1 from 6.

Final Session Highlights

Match Status: Day 1, Stumps, Australia- 9/306

Day%2525201%252520highlights.jpg

Scorecards: Batting, Batting (advanced), Bowling, Match Summary

So, what will day 2 bring? How far in to the morning session will Johnson and Hilfenhaus go? Will they be take the Aussies score to around 350? Or will England get the breakthrough early and begin their first innings? Stay tuned for day 2.​

ashes.JPG

Overnight Feature

Hello and welcome back to the 'Gabba where we have seen an intriguing first day of this Ashes series. Australia have got the runs on the board and are looking good. The English team has been in good form in recent times, so I would expect them to come out firing tomorrow and put a big reply on the board.

This Ashes series promises to be a cracker, but it doesn't stop there. After the final test in Sydney. The whites hit the cupboard and the players don their pyjamas. England will take on Australia in a T20 World Cup rematch series that includes two Twenty20 internationals. After the T20s we have the Commonwealth Bank ODI series. The English take on the Aussies in a 7 match ODI series ahead of the World Cup in India.

Cricket Australia has released a promotional video for the Summer of limited over cricket where we will be celebrating 40 years since the first ever one day game.

Here is the video:

Johnson's batting was pretty enjoyable to watch (read, I mean). Nice write-up. KIU!:thumbs

You know you could have watched it? That's what the videos are for. If I wasn't doing the videos then I would probably have finished the 2nd test by now. They take twice the amount of tine to make and upload than the rest of each update, so I hope people actually watch them.

Last edited:
You know you could have watched it? That's what the videos are for. If I wasn't doing the videos then I would probably have finished the 2nd test by now. They take twice the amount of tine to make and upload than the rest of each update, so I hope people actually watch them.

I'm sorry dude, I can't watch any. If I do start doing that, I'll have to end up whole day in reading the story! Because my broadband is tweaking slow, not even 256 KBPS! Its the maximum what I get. On an average, I get it at 100KBPS, which is toooo slow:mad!

I'm sorry dude, I can't watch any. If I do start doing that, I'll have to end up whole day in reading the story! Because my broadband is fried chickening slow, not even 256 KBPS! Its the maximum what I get. On an average, I get it at 100KBPS, which is toooo slow:mad!

I'm sorry you can't watch it, and thanks for letting me know. Do you think it is worth me doing the videos then?

Tim, now that the point is raised, I might post my views too. Actually, I've been following this story for a while, reading a bit. Not able to watch the videos for the pretty similar reasons Binnu gave. Effed up net speeds.

I'd suggest you something. You can post an occasional video, I feel. With some in game screens, this will be going good. I mean I can understand the effort you are putting in but, some people aren't able to watch the videos. So, that sort of thing doesn't allow the readers to post their feedback. Your effort also goes in vain.

This is a good story, going strong. I'm now actually going to comment a bit and start reading a few more stories. This forum has been quiet, I hope some of the ongoing stories are able to keep up though.

I'm sorry you can't watch it, and thanks for letting me know. Do you think it is worth me doing the videos then?

A suggestion- as User said, occasional video will do the job:). In game screen shots will be bit messy as you'll be using the camera and capturing the photos, so just try to give some real life pics with back ground one being a in-game screenshot. Just animate the things by installing photoshop, it'll be soo easy to handle, once you do it for one image:).

Tim, now that the point is raised, I might post my views too. Actually, I've been following this story for a while, reading a bit. Not able to watch the videos for the pretty similar reasons Binnu gave. Effed up net speeds.

I'd suggest you something. You can post an occasional video, I feel. With some in game screens, this will be going good. I mean I can understand the effort you are putting in but, some people aren't able to watch the videos. So, that sort of thing doesn't allow the readers to post their feedback. Your effort also goes in vain.

This is a good story, going strong. I'm now actually going to comment a bit and start reading a few more stories. This forum has been quiet, I hope some of the ongoing stories are able to keep up though.

He's using IC10, so ingame screen shots will not be with much quality as well:/!

Users who are viewing this thread