Ban Of Csk And Rr

Gurunath Meiyappan actually leaked the csk line up to other teams and bookies plus involved in betting.So instead of sacking that culprit suspending CSK is just non sense.:facepalm

Posts of the thread with the same subject were not moved.

So this is how things have went.

India Cricket News: The legal tussle between the BCCI and the CAB | ESPN Cricinfo

And this is what BCCI had to say.

India news : BCCI points to IPL players' plight | Cricket News | World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

I enjoyed RR to be honest but even if CSK and RR are suspended, I think only the owners will change for the fans and may be the team name and jerseys but chances are franchise would remain so the people of Rajasthan/Jaipur and Chennai will have their respective home teams to support more or less like how Deccan Chargers were replaced by Sun Risers Hyderabad. I think ultimately it made little difference for the fans.

problem is meiyapan is the owner of the team....though he like to go by the title of enthusiast;) so when the owner of the team is corrupt how do suspend the owner alone and let the team run on its own, CSK as a franchise has to be suspended till everything is cleared up, once it is they can resume or if not a new franchise of chennai should be made like SRH for hyd.

i think better of all is, all should come to pakistan super league which might held in uae.
t20 without chherleaders is nothing. people will not come to stadium and ban of csk and rr is he end of ipl.
bcci is losing its grip on big3s, which is better for world cricket!

what?:facepalm you think a pakistani league can take over IPL.....the nation which even doesn't plays on its home soil is gonna challenge BCCI:D....and control of BCCI over ICC is well known to everyone..the main thing is you're jealous of success of IPL..and pakistani players are not allowed to play in IPL due to political tensions between these two neighbours and i support the decision of Supreme Court...and in my opinion court should validate betting......

what?:facepalm you think a pakistani league can take over IPL.....the nation which even doesn't plays on its home soil is gonna challenge BCCI:D....and control of BCCI over ICC is well known to everyone..the main thing is you're jealous of success of IPL..and pakistani players are not allowed to play in IPL due to political tensions between these two neighbours and i support the decision of Supreme Court...and in my opinion court should validate betting......

hey i am too an indian
but you are irritating other country
and also commenting on the country
this is bad you can't tell this
this is against rules @Dutch @MattW @Simon
anyone there

hey i am too an indian
but you are irritating other country
and also commenting on the country
this is bad you can't tell this
this is against rules @Dutch @MattW @Simon
anyone there

who told you i am commenting on any nation.....isn't that true and don't keep mentioning someone for no reason and it doesn't matter to me whether you are indian or not

No ban on CSK and RR. This makes sense. Good decision, after this IPL i want the owners of both the franchise to be removed and the franchise should go to new hands and i am sure there will be a lot of companies interested in this unlike what happened to Kochi Tuskers.

I enjoyed RR to be honest but even if CSK and RR are suspended, I think only the owners will change for the fans and may be the team name and jerseys but chances are franchise would remain so the people of Rajasthan/Jaipur and Chennai will have their respective home teams to support more or less like how Deccan Chargers were replaced by Sun Risers Hyderabad. I think ultimately it made little difference for the fans.

yeah generally if a team is suspended the owner just sells it to his friends or relatives and rename them........i.e. DC was just replaced by SRH and nothing changed

----------

No ban on CSK and RR. This makes sense. Good decision, after this IPL i want the owners of both the franchise to be removed and the franchise should go to new hands and i am sure there will be a lot of companies interested in this unlike what happened to Kochi Tuskers.

i am also interested but need some huge cash

CSK,RR allowed to play IPL 7

Last edited:
Good to see a nice healthy discussion going on this subject. I don't think anyone has crossed a line yet at all.

We can be critical of a certain country without being racist or insulting. That is freedom of speech. We are allowed and even encouraged to speak our minds about things as long as it doesn't become hateful: saying for example that Holland is too bureaucratic or economy driven is fine, saying all Dutch stink of cheese is not.

Keep at it lads and don't be too sensitive but remain respectful.

Users who are viewing this thread