Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This story starts from the post Shakib-Tamim captaincy era. This will start from the beginning of the West Indies series.

West Indies arrive in Bangladesh

The West Indies team landed in Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 8:43pm. Moments after that, they went into a press conference.

uf9jE.jpg

"The last time we played, we got the better of them. We'll try to repeat such a performance, but you can't bowl out teams under a hundred every game. They [Bangladesh] are a good side at home, they won quite comfortably against New Zealand last year," he added.
"The last time we played in Test matches, we were defeated at home. It is a great opportunity for us to do the same here. Bangladesh plays very well at home so I expect it to be a very competitive series."

The fixtures are as follows:
Fri Oct 7
03:00 GMT | 09:00 local
Sylhet v West Indies
MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong

Sun Oct 9
03:00 GMT | 09:00 local
Chittagong vs West Indies

Tue Oct 11
11:00 GMT | 17:00 local
Only T20I - Bangladesh v West Indies
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Thu Oct 13
07:30 GMT | 13:30 local
1st ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Sat Oct 15
2nd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Tue Oct 18
3rd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies

Fri Oct 21 - Tue Oct 25
03:30 GMT | 09:30 local
1st Test - Bangladesh v West Indies

Sat Oct 29 - Wed Nov 2
03:30 GMT | 09:30 local
2nd Test - Bangladesh v West Indies

1iram1

Club Captain
West Indies arrived in Chittagong for the 2 warmup matches on the same day as the first match. They were up against a full strength Khulna side lead by Shakib Al Hasan.
Toss
West Indies won the toss and elected to bowl first in the 50-over friendly on an overcast day. Khulnas lineup was like this:

D7DeD.jpg

The WI fielders came out, followed by the batsmen, and play was about to begin.

Jerome Taylor was about to bowl to Imtiaz Hossain, with Imrul Kayes at the other end.
rvbm7t.jpg

Taylor got the wicket of Imtiaz early
It didn't take long for the inexperienced Imtiaz to get out though, Taylor bowled a half-volley at 144 kph and Imtiaz played a very good defensive shot. Too bad he missed the ball.
a17jtd.jpg

Shakib Al Hasan, the captain, walked in with the score at 0/1.
First ball to Shakib, he was caught swinging wildly at one outside off and out he went for a Golden Duck.
32ztmbp.jpg

Khulna were now in deep trouble with the score at 0/2 and only 3 balls into the first over with Jerome Taylor on fire. Imrul Kayes and Nurul Hossain were now at the crease. Can Khulna get to a respectable score? Wait till tomorrow to find out.:p

The Rock

County Cricketer
Actually, you can present this in a much better way. You can do more writing work instead of pictures. If at all you are keen on using more pictures, you can resize them or edit them a bit to make it look more attractive. And it'd look better if you center the pics. The writing is all fine, just try some innovation with the text. Presentation really matters, as one reads a story if he finds it attractive. You're going good at the moment, but you can do better. GL!

As far as the match goes, West Indies certainly have the upper hand there. Cant say anything though.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It depends on the writing according to me. If the writer thinks that he wants to include more pics and less writing then it's completely his choice. Not everyone likes the same presentation style and I like the current presentation style but yes, I agree with Rock to some extend, you might wanna resize the pics to make the presentation much more attractive.

Good start to the story. Innovative idea, good luck for the story mate. :)

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am going to tell you this by experience. :D . Since in the pass i use to do the same, along with having 1 millions stories. :D

Just take your time, and put in some effort in the Story, it can be a small update.
Just present it in a way it can attract the people.

here is a Few example if you havent read it yet
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...-story-readers-writers-40482.html#post1256687.

You dont have to follow these people, Do it the way it please you, since that's the most important in making the Story :) .
those story were just some idea which you can look at, and see how well those Stories were.

Enough with my boring speech.
COME ON west Indies :) cant wait for this Series. :D

Last edited:

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Well you could do more of writing there are present 10 overs at once. Anyways Khulna are in deep trouble in 0/2 with Shakib back in the pavillion

Some videos could also make the story better. :)

1iram1

Club Captain
Well you could do more of writing there are present 10 overs at once. Anyways Khulna are in deep trouble in 0/2 with Shakib back in the pavillion

Some videos could also make the story better. :)

Yeah, in the next update I'm gonna fast forward to the end of the innings.

1iram1

Club Captain
Bangladesh limped to 129 all-out in 35 overs.
DdGsJ.jpg

WI came out and attacked from the beginning, with Gayle top-scoring with 66 from only 32 balls. Shakib was the only one in the team who took wickets, 2 in total, as West Indies chased down the below-par target of 130 in under 18 overs.
v2e2g.jpg

Gayle hammered Khulna

I know the lineups are outdated. I will use Ahad's 2012 rosters during the T20, ODIs, and Tests. I am also skipping the 2nd warm-up match.

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
iTynw.jpg

aK4s3.png
VS
hb1od.png

Hi and welcome to the first and only T20I. The record stands even at 1-1 between the two sides in T20 Internationals. Bangladesh just came off a disappointing series in Zimbabwe and made several changes since then, naming Stuart Law as official head coach, Shane Jurgensen as the bowling coach, stripping Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal off of captaincy and vice captaincy respectively, and naming Mushfiqur Rahim as captain and Mahmudullah as his deputy. It will be interesting to see how Rahim handles the captaincy pressure.

The toss
tossf.jpg]
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

RPHKR

National Board President
Shakib removed from captaincy! :eek:
Nice writeup. Hope you improve in the graphical presentation. :thumbs

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Would have loved to see Tamim Iqbal as the captain. The image you last posted is way too big. Please post a relatively smaller image.

Users who are viewing this thread