Batting through 50 overs. You stratergy ?

Jarrad

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im just wondering what is your stratergy. I have only played a 10 over match and ill i did was attack except for yorkers. And dont play power shots in the direction of a fields man.

This is what I do in a 50-over match.

When I bat, I tend to score a lot of fours early on (because of the field restrictions) and I never use the power button at all until the last 10 overs. I'd also practice using the power button in the nets, because I'm terrible at them, and have only hit one 6 successfully, and been caught using it once.

When I bowl I usually bowl the first 2 openers for 6 overs, then change to a spinner and a medium pacer for swing. Then I might put in a part-timer like lehmann and just keep bowling. Just bowl good line and length like the picture here, and you should get wickets.

Attachments

• 116-1613_img.jpg
    116-1613_img.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 151
bro those lengths are not soo good....u can press the left..backfoot..and air shot....and that can easily be flicked away for six...im rekoning the best line is the line a tiny but fuller than that...with the odd bouncer and yorker slipped in..

Yeah, you're right. I bowl AROUND there though... but you're right, I think I do bowl a bit fuller than that usually. I just took a quick screenshot of a ball I bowled, and that was the outcome.

I'd say there not as good, but they're still good. Although the graphics would probably look pretty bad on my PC.

Though so.... anyway i might get stuck into a 50 over tounament on medium. Squiz when do u use thenpower botton ?

I tend to use the power button later in the innings when I've got some confidence up, and usually against a spinner bowling right at my feet, I charge while using the power button. I've hit a few sixes using this technique (When I hired the game).

And yeah, I used a digital camera to take my game shots. Also there is some thing you can connect to the TV that can take pictures, which would look a darn site better than the photos I take..... I'm not sure what it's called though.

I've got a question for you, Joe. In c2k2 boundaries were easy to get if you used the power button but only occasionally without it. In c2k4, do you find boundaries easy to get if you don't use the power button?

Users who are viewing this thread