Tutorial Batting Tips

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Before the patch from Codemasters it was harder to face the fast men since you needed quick reaction time. Since the patch I haven't felt as uncomfortable against the fast bowlers.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
no pre patch it was easy facing any bowler fast bowlers were the easiest to face actually

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well with the patch I can take apart guys like Steyn and Malinga with ease. My problem comes when facing those part timers who some how produce that magic ball to get you out.

Undefeatable

School Cricketer
ya it is easier to time fast bowlers after patch..

dude what is your online tag?

Last edited:

Undefeatable

School Cricketer
i have hit more then 20 sixes in hard lol
yesterday i chased 82 in 5 overs in hard difficulty vs Aus

K

King_Lara

How do you bat against spin bowlers??

I was playing a test in the Windes on normal going well, 75-0, then they brought a spinner on I crashed to 83-5!

What am I doing wrong, I've tried timing it better, no luck, even when blocking I just seem to edge it to the wicket keeper, rrrggghhhh!

Any tips would be great!

For me, on normal mode, timing the pacers and spinners (and mediums) is slightly different.

Against pacers, on my rig I start swinging the moment it leaves the pacer's hand (I have modified my teams). This leads to "perfect" timing, apparently...

Against the spinners- slightly different, wait a fraction of a moment longer. (Same for when the pacers bowl short. Wait on it a tiny moment longer).

Mediums- timing them is a mix of the two, do not be so desperately fast to hit the shot button (as when you face the pacers). And do not wait too long, (like you wait when you face the spinners).

Take edges and such as warnings that you need to slightly delay the shot (if you're facing slower bowlers or slower ball deliveries). Or be quicker on it (when facing pace bowling fast).

It's like playing on the old SW'99 game- it was all about swinging at different times- like just before the ball hit the pitch and such, if I recall rightly.

On easy mode, there is no real method to batting. The jump from easy mode to normal is a huge leap, though, and probably expects a bit too much from normal game players. But man, this is a much better game than that BLIC07 (or Ricky Ponting 07) rubbish. That game was ridiculous, I made consistently better than 500/3 in 30 over games (and that was with saving, then going back in for 8 overs to bowl at myself!)

killablack

School Cricketer
When do u hit the ball ? In blic there was a speed meter so u cud see if the ball is fast or slow, srsly how do u judge the speed in ashes cricket 09.

Im starting to hate this game, infact with all its bugs and pathetic gameplay system , im starting to like blic better.

Maybe you can make a patch that contains bowler speed meter. Do you know anyone who can make patches? Because i wanted that meter also plus in my opinion this game is pretty sick to patch up.
no doubt that the game runs smooth also. fact is that i really wanted a registered ICC World Cup Tournament patch which is possible to do, but i dont know anyone who can patch!

Users who are viewing this thread