Codies/Transmission, we need clarification

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
We're all supposed to be getting the same game, unless it's the Wii version. However, my own experiences with the PC version (in which I've never seen an edge go to the keeper, after many games) have given me cause for doubt and this post confirmed it:

One thing i have noticed and i have no reason why its the case!

But the AI have edged the ball to the keeper and slips about 25 times while playing on xbox 360 after about 50 games!

However the PC version the AI have edged to keeper and slips about twice!! After the same amount of games!

Please, can someone from Transmission confirm that we're all getting the same game and these are merely demo differences (for whatever reason)?

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
It is blatantly the same game, you fool :doh

You would be able to tell if it was based around a totally different engine, ala the Wii version. Minor differences, especially in DEMO versions will always be present.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Umm, I don't call 25 edges from 50 games vs 2 edges from the same sort of number of games minor. :sarcasm

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Good luck getting a reply, I've asked Codies why they don't support a logitech control pad and met nothing but a brick wall.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Umm, I don't call 25 edges from 50 games vs 2 edges from the same sort of number of games minor. :sarcasm

I've seen far more edges than that mate on the PC version, quite a lot of shots going towards the slip corden and a few to the keeper. I view it that the PC has a different build, but it's the same engine, same everything. Have a go at the 360 version and you'll see what I mean. The horrific run outs have been quashed too.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
I've seen far more edges than that mate on the PC version, quite a lot of shots going towards the slip corden and a few to the keeper. I view it that the PC has a different build, but it's the same engine, same everything. Have a go at the 360 version and you'll see what I mean. The horrific run outs have been quashed too.

wrong...they're there and are giving a lot of grief to most of the members !!

http://ashescricket.net/runoutac09.wmv (courtesy : WHM)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Hmm, I've still seen a fair few suicide-o-runs. I'm sure a patch will sort everything that needs work, but after EA's fun and games with PC vs PS3/Xbox 360 Fifa, you can appreciate my point of view?

pingusten

Club Cricketer
wrong...they're there and are giving a lot of grief to most of the members !!

http://ashescricket.net/runoutac09.wmv (courtesy : WHM)

I've not seen anything like that. If anything, the AI has been to cautious, not running for runs they could easily get. Playing on Hard.

Hmm, I've still seen a fair few suicide-o-runs. I'm sure a patch will sort everything that needs work, but after EA's fun and games with PC vs PS3/Xbox 360 Fifa, you can appreciate my point of view?

Of course, I understand the concern. I can't do with EA and there shoddy excuses, but having played both versions of the demo, I can safely say it's the same, as was the case with BLIC07.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I've not seen anything like that. If anything, the AI has been to cautious, not running for runs they could easily get. Playing on Hard.

Of course, I understand the concern.

Yeps, I still get them, also playing on Hard.

Users who are viewing this thread