Bermuda

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Royal Gazette said:
CORDEN-COX RELISHING FRESH CHALLENGE
------------------------------------------------------------
Wendell Corden-Cox, the Somerset and Bermuda star, has been given the green light from the Bermuda Cricket Board to join South Coast for the upcoming Npower Championship and Friends Provident Trophy.

1692744010451.png
Corden-Cox poses for the cameras.

Corden-Cox told the press that: "This is a simply huge opportunity for my cricket, and something I cannot pass up. I would like to thank the Bermuda Cricket Board and Somerset Cricket Club for being so understanding of my situation, as well as my dad of course [Sherwin Corden, the Somerset player-coach]."

The 26-year-old Corden-Cox has had a stellar start to his first-class career, with 473 runs @ 67.57 (1 century, best 122) and 19 wickets @ 32.68 (best 4/52), opening both the batting and bowling for his club side. It is currently uncertain whether he will be available for the 2002 Cup Match.
OOC - Wendell Corden-Cox has signed as an overseas player for South Coast. @Supreme General He has also been upgraded from a Bronze to a Silver player.

The Royal Gazette said:
TALKS ONGOING ABOUT OVERSEAS TOUR
The Bermuda Cricket Board is expected to announce its first overseas tour as a WCC Member Nation, sources close to Board President Emerson Trott have confirmed today.

Yj0DiXq.png

The MASC Ground, where Bermuda are likely to play.

Though the fixture list has yet to be confirmed, the Tour is expected to consist of three ODIs and two Test matches, with Bermuda also rumoured to be trying to arrange at least one warm-up fixture against a local domestic team before the series gets underway. Keep an eye out on next week's Royal Gazette for more information.
OOC - We have agreed with the Marshall Islands to visit for a Tour, and will confirm once the new FTP thread opens up. @offmarv

The Royal Gazette said:
A GOLDEN GENERATION FOR ST GEORGE'S?
Two years ago, nobody had heard of Romilly Anderson. But even as he worries more about school exams, that's no longer the case and for St George's it's becoming a pattern.

Bermuda-4.jpg

Anderson made his debut for St George's aged just 15 in 2000.

St George's Cricket Club have had a horror run in recent Cup Matches, but they have a new generation of young players who offer them fresh hope. Among them is wicket-keeper Romilly Anderson (16), who recently played his second Cup Match, but he is far from the only one. Look also at his brother Joseph (20) who opens the batting, Jay Crawford and Roston Tuckett (both 21), Roston's brother Weston Tuckett (17) and fast bowler Brenton Barrow (18). And of course, don't forget Kyle Smith (24), who recently became available again after studying for several years in England. With all of these players in the same place, St George's look stronger than they have in years,
OOC - St George's redemption arc?

Aislabie

Ireland
The Royal Gazette said:
BERMUDA STEAL VICTORY IN MAIDEN ODI SERIES
Wendell Corden-Cox cemented his standing as the leading cricketer in Bermuda with a sterling performance to defeat the Marshall Islands in his and his country's first ever ODI series.

SvMhG3I.png

Coming off the back of a battling 66 in Bermuda's one-run win in the second ODI, Corden-Cox further enhanced his reputation with a stroke-studded 63 - the outstanding contribution to an innings of 217. He then followed it up with a career-best spell of three for 25 from his ten overs as Bermuda defended their middling total with relative ease.

"He just works harder than the rest of us," said Bermuda head coach Armand Pine, "it's like he has 48 hours in a day. It doesn't matter where you go - the nets, the pool, the gym, he's there. I'd say everyone should work as hard as Wendell, but I honestly don't think that's a fair thing to ask of someone."
The Royal Gazette said:
TOURISTS DOMINATE EBEYE ISLAND BORE DRAW
Bermuda played commanding cricket on their Test debut, but it ultimately wasn't enough for them to create a result on a lifeless pitch at the ECG - setting up a decider next week at Majuro.

Duw9yLe.png

"Every Cup Match is like a Test match," explained St George's opening batter Mauri Trott, who turned his second Test innings into his first Test century, "so we could honestly look in the mirror and say 'Yes, we were prepared.'"

As well as Mauri Trott's second-innings 106, there were star performances from Wendell Cordon Cox (102 and 4 for 110), Mark Russell (4 for 114), Dayton Dowling (88) and Roston Tuckett (87 not out). This squad must really rate its chances of success in the second and final Test match.

Aislabie

Ireland
So I don't have Cricksim on my current laptop to sim Cup Matches, but I think I might have found a solution:

1692447190330.png
1692447209984.png
1692447199923.png

ST GEORGE'S vs SOMERSET
2002 Cup Match
at Wellington Oval

1692447252439.png

Somerset 1st Innings
1709115816314.png

St George's 1st Innings
1709115847094.png

1709115929123.png
Jacobi Paynter flayed a rapid-fire 177 for Somerset.

Somerset 2nd Innings
1709115878736.png

St George's 2nd Innings
1709115909248.png

Users who are viewing this thread