Story ICC World Cricket League Global Division One - Bermuda [C07]

oh.. thats too many wickets in 9 Overs.... They are in deep trouble! May be its time for the batsmen to think of staying at crease rather than making runs becos its always better to play full 50 Overs! :)

ouch, lots of wickets gone down, the bermudans need to save themselves somehow

yea i think imma shift the tactic from run-scoring to just staying in.

time for the batsman to earn their paychecks

Nice story mate. Hopefully Bermuda can challenge the Kenyans a little.

Kenya Set 82 To Win

Ravi: That's all she wrote as far as the Bermudan innings are concerned! Bermuda go from 46/3 to 81 all out in 17.1 overs. Let's take a look at the Bermudan scorecard and the batting statistics.

cricket0720070202021809ke9.png
Bermuda Scorecard

cricket0720070202021818vo2.png
Bermuda's Batting Statistics

Sanjay: Well those do tell quite a pathetic tale dont you think. Only the 3rd wicket partnership of Tucker and Romaine was of any substance. If you take a look at the batting stats, 5 of the 11 batsman had strike rates of over 100. I dont know what their strategy was, but it obviously didnt work.

Ravi: Yes you're right Sanjay. I think what may have happened was the Bermudans thought to blast off at the beginning making use of the close in fielders. I mean look, all the 10 wickets were caught! That tells you a lot about the mindset of the bowlers. Let's look at the Kenyan bowlers

cricket0720070202021826cz8.png
Kenyan bowlers dominate

Sanjay: Aga took 5 wickets in 5.1 overs! now that is remarkable. Only 3 bowlers used by the Kenyans, cuz thats all it took to bowl out this pitiful Bermudan side.

Ravi: Thats true, but look at Suji, he went for 42 runs in 8 overs. That is a bit much against a weak batting side. Well anyway, this should be an easy job for the Kenyans. I am sure they will be tryin to get this target in a short amount of time as to up their net run rate for the tournament. Live coverage of the 2nd innings of this match will resume shortly!

cricket0720070202021755nw5.png
A demoralized Bermuda take the field defending a paltry 81

Match State:
Bermuda
81 All Out - 17.1 Overs

Kenya require 82 runs from 50 overs at 1.64 RPO to win

oh Kenya comfortable.. Bermuda needed to improve to stay for more time at the crease in future!

Not good enough from any of the Bermudans. The game is most probably beyond them but they need to get a couple of wickets in the first 5 overs and see where things go from there.

Kenya Stroll to Victory​

cricket0720070205161203ax7.png
Shah cracks the winning shot

Ravi: That was an easy victory for Kenya! Let's take it down to Ramiz Raja for the presentation ceremony.

Ramiz: That was a quick and easy victory for Kenya, lets bring the losing captain Romaine to the podium. What would you like to say about your team's performance today?

Romaine: Not much to say about that one really. We definitely expected to be in it with some sort of a chance, but we were never in it at all. The strategy of hitting out at the beginning to make use of the powerplays didnt work out for us at all. We are gonna have to rethink our strategy for the coming matches.

Ramiz: Well put, lets bring the winning captain Tikolo out.

Tikolo: We wanted to put our stamp on this tournament from the very beg. We didnt feel like going easy. We are here to win the tournament, as every team should be. Since each team only plays 5 matches, the net run rate is going to come into play so we wanted to make sure we get a good net rate, so we can have a good chance of going to the final.

Ramiz: I would like to call out today's man of the match, Aga. Well mate, you bowled beautifully!

Aga: Hehe thanks Ram, the plan was to just take wickets and keep the run rate down, and thats exactly what i was able to do. The ball was coming out of my hand well and I just felt like i was in good rhythm. I hope it continues for the rest of the series!

Ramiz: Thanks, lets go back to Ravi and Sanjay to analyze the innings.

Ravi: Thanks Ramiz, Sanjay...not much to say bout this one is there?

Sanjay: No Ravi there sure isnt. Kenya stroll to a 10-wicket victory. Lets first see the score cards for Kenya:

cricket0720070205161219jz0.png
Kenya Scorecard

cricket0720070205161230et9.png
Kenya Batting Stats

Ravi: Yes, looks pretty bad. But wow, look at how many extras were given! 29 runs! Thats way too much. Very ill-disciplined stuff by the Bermudans.

Sanjay: I dont think theres too much to talk about for this match. Im sure Bermuda would like to forget about the opening match of the World Cricket League, and we would like to as well. Before we leave though, lets take a look at the updated points table.

wclrk1.jpg

Ravi: Good idea Sanjay, for Sanjay Manjrekar and Ramiz Raja, I am Ravi Shastri. We will see you for the next match of the series: Canada vs Netherlands.

Last edited:
an easy win for kenya, hopeflly the bermudans can improve

Canada Beat Netherlands In A Nailbiter!​

topde1.png
Canada celebrate while the Dutch reflect on what could have been

Sharjah - In an amazingly close contest, Canada beat the Netherlands by 6 wickets. After winning the toss and electing to bowl Canada were unable to make the vital breakthrough as Netherlands put on 110 for the first wicket. It wasnt until the 21st over when Maxwell got Kloppenburg when he had him trapped plumb in front. From there on, Netherlands continued to build a sizeable total, adding 80 runs in the final 10 overs. After posting 248/4 in their 50 overs, Netherlands were unable to control the Canadians as they also started very strongly with Jyoti and Barnett putting 136 on for the first wicket. Canada were always above the run rate and never looked like falling short of their target. Off the last ball of the penultimate over, skipper Davison cut a short ball square off the wicket which crashed into the boards and gave Canada victory.

Needless to say, this was definitely a game for the batsmen as only 8 wickets fell in 99 overs. Each side had all 4 of their first batsmen reach atleast 40 and both also put together century opening-stands.

As far as the points table is concerned, Canada picked up the 4 points for the win but since it was such a tight affair between the sides, Netherlands held onto the bonus point for losing by less than 1.25 times the run rate. This could prove crucial as it will be close games like this for the remainder of the series.

wclxh9.png

We do hope you join for the next game in the World Cricket League: Ireland vs Scotland.

Last edited:
i was wondering if i could get some more input from you guys!

cheers

I like the inclusion of summarising the other games. Did you actually play that game?

no i just autoplayed....i figured since the story is about bermuda, i should autoplay the matches not involving them so as to not force results that would favor bermuda. i guess it makes it more realistic as a team has no impact on the fixtures that are around theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread