Best antivirus

Avast can detect these spywares.
Surely you must know that Avast is an antivirus, and that's what it is mainly used for??

And although Avast defeats AVG by a big margin, you really cannot say that
it beats it "100%" (care to elaborate what you meant anyway?). Personally, I have been using Avast! Home Edition for a while now and I am quite pleased with it. Although it seems that Avira AntiVir had been getting some better results as an antivirus (see www.av-comparatives.org). Any views or opinions on that?

I have been using NOD32 for a couple of years without any firewall or anti spyware. I've never had any viruses or malware. But it's still recommended to use a firewall along with it. There is no harm in having a separate anti spyware but NOD32 takes care of them.

If I have Avast, will I need "Spyware"? because I don't have any at the moment...what would you recommend? Free...

@ WORLD CHAMPIONS = So now you are using NOD32 I recommend get a firewall with it if you aren't using any firewall Viruses can easily enter in your system. and please don't trust Windows Firewall

I am also having a Kaspersky Anti- Hacker along with NOD 32 :)

Avast detects Adware, Malware etc. While others cannot you need to have their Internet Security software to detect these. Avast can detect these spywares but I still go with Kaspersky it gives the toughest protection it even detects registry access which stops viruses from entering your PC this is very useful when you are installing unknown programs.

@ WORLD CHAMPIONS = So now you are using NOD32 I recommend get a firewall with it if you aren't using any firewall Viruses can easily enter in your system. and please don't trust Windows Firewall

Important Message for Users

STAY AWAY FROM NORTON ANTIVIRUS

Windows firewall = Windows fire fence!

Also, I use AVG and I don't seem to get many viruses (hardly any) so I agree that a lot of it is down to where you browse. Surfing 'dodgy' sites is like sleeping around unprotected: you have a great chance of catching something nasty.

Haha, ok. Why stay away from Norton?

What Spyware can I download for free?

norton uses up loads of resources, and sometimes, having norton installed is worse than having a virus in ur pc :p

Absolutely..version 5 and version 6 were atleast better..

..when a virus attacks..the antivirus instead of deleting it..spreads it all over your computer while scanning..that's how i lost my life(the data is my life)....

Haha, ok. Why stay away from Norton?

What Spyware can I download for free?

Let me tell the truth about norton

It eats up your system, it will make your startup very slow and plus it rarely detects any viruses if you scan via a different AntiVirus software you will find many viruses it has been my experience with norton

Avast Antivirus Home Edition 4.7 detects Spyware, Malware etc It detect on my system.

I have been using NOD32 for a couple of years without any firewall or anti spyware. I've never had any viruses or malware. But it's still recommended to use a firewall along with it. There is no harm in having a separate anti spyware but NOD32 takes care of them.
NOD32 is also a good one.

can you tell me what is its average scanning time

Last edited:
What about AVG?

Let me tell the truth about norton

It eats up your system, it will make your startup very slow and plus it rarely detects any viruses if you scan via a different AntiVirus software you will find many viruses it has been my experience with norton

Avast Antivirus Home Edition 4.7 detects Spyware, Malware etc It detect on my system.

NOD32 is also a good one.

can you tell me what is its average scanning time

What about AVG? I am using AVG professional edition 7.5,it has its own firewall,adware.Its use less system memory but effective.You can use AVG anti spyware too, but you have to buy that for better performence.

What about AVG? I am using AVG professional edition 7.5,it has its own firewall,adware.Its use less system memory but effective.You can use AVG anti spyware too, but you have to buy that for better performence.

I had the trial version of it. AVG Internet Security takes a lot of resources but the main problem is I have to delete the virus infected files it never heals any file and this could cause trouble if the file is a important one.

Users who are viewing this thread