Best antivirus

Norton is too much of a system hog and not as effective as BD or KS. If I had that on Vista right now my comp would be lagging majorly.

Here's a list of a few Vista compatible firewalls:

Jetico Personal Firewall
PC Tools Firewall Plus
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall (Vista 32-bit).

Of course, Comodo Firewall PRO would be the best option was is compatible with Vista. However, you can enter your email address at their website to be notified about a Vista-compatible, and stable version of the firewall comes out. An Alpha version of the Vista compatible version of Comodo is available I believe, although a reminder that it is still in alpha level.

I decided to switch my AV from Avast! to Avira AntiVir since the Avast! services take up too much resources. Task Manager shows me that Avira takes up only a portion of what Avast! used to take up, however, the update is painfully slow, and the occasional pop-up to upgrade to the paid version can be ridiculous at times. Other than that, didn't notice any significant difference.

By the way, Wikipedia tells us that the latest version of AOL Active Shield can still be obtained through other sites, and as far as I know, some minor tweaks can be made to receive the definition updates for the software.

Last edited:
Guys try using Quick Heal get it at www.quickheal.com its one of the best and it doesn't take load on your PC. I had been using it but my trial period expired

Guys try using Quick Heal get it at www.quickheal.com its one of the best and it doesn't take load on your PC. I had been using it but my trial period expired

fine, but does it has firewall?
can I depend on windows firewall? or I have to use something else?then which one is the best firewall?

Download Total Security or Antivirus Pro trial they both have Antispyware and Firewall.

fine, but does it has firewall?
can I depend on windows firewall? or I have to use something else?then which one is the best firewall?
Download Quick Heal Total Security or AntiVirus Pro they both have Antispyware and Firewall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread