Best Debut Season

iameviljez

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What's your best debut season for a cricketer?
I can't seem to get imageshack to load the screenie, but I have a (now-24-yo) leggie who made his debut for me last year. He only averages 8.33 with the bat but more than makes up for it with the ball...

OVERS RUNS WICKETS AVERAGE BEST 5i 10m RPO
685 1668 138 12.09 8-30 14 5 2.4
209 922 84 10.98 5-11 2 0 4.4

Considering that he bowled in 16 county matches, and therefore 32 innings, to get 5 10 wicket hauls and 14 5s is extraordinary. He has a strikerate of 29.8 in FCC, which is just incredible. Because it was his first season, he did not play for England. I don't expect to see anyone else get 138 wickets in a season ever again because of national callups.

To answer some other questions: he averages 12 in second-team, yes, I am playing on easy (what's wrong with winning anyway?), he has just taken 10 wickets on debut for England, and I do play on spinners' wickets at home, with a dual-pronged attack of him and Manjural Islam. He's still just incredible.

Ledme

Club Cricketer
Thats an impressive bowler you have there

EDIT: I just read the rest of your post and I wonder why he's so good. I play on normal and random pitches.

This was Frank Lacey's debut season, and it doesn't get much better for an allrounder. I wonder if anyone can beat it...

Attachments

• Frank Lacey (debut season) (Medium).JPG
    Frank Lacey (debut season) (Medium).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

jun23

Club Cricketer

this guy wasn't from my team, but an awesome first year

Users who are viewing this thread