best graphics card?

but thats simply impossible, i think you just over exaggerated here...:rolleyes:

The 8800GTX is the fastest and beats the X1950XTX even in crossfire mode.
however when the R600 comes out, it will no doubt be the fastest :D

Also for people on a budget i would recommend a palit Radon X1600 pro , which offers excellent value for money , also

for nvidia fans an http://www.nextag.com/XFX-GeForce-7600-GS-502944924/prices-html would be the best buy.... it uses the same G71 core as 7600GT and the performance of this card matches the 7600GT in many cases, since it is overclocked. The value for money is superb, and it gave 55fps at far cry with 8x AA and 8x AF at 1280 * 960 :eek:

Well as ive said before I have a Radeon X800 Pro which you can get for like $50 thesedays probably and it works really well for me....no choppyness to speak of.

manee said:
Not true at all, buying a new graphics card which is supported would be the best next step. Increasing RAM would also be a good move.

i didnt say dont buy a new graphis card, he should

Kshitiz_Indian said:
The X800 WILL give you problems not very far in the future due to its lack of SM 3.0 support.

Well doesnt bother me all that much since Im not a regular gamer....all i know is BLC07 runs super smooth :P

Last edited:
Valaskjalf said:
Well as ive said before I have a Radeon X800 Pro which you can get for like $50 thesedays probably and it works really well for me....no choppyness to speak of.
i search these graphics card on www.kalahari.net and also on www.take2.co.za but i don`t get it, plz tell me its still available on south african markets?

I would advise you NOT TO go for this, as any investment now in it would go waste.
Around the same value you can get a 7600GT which supports Shader Model 3, also on a lower side there's XFX verion of 7600 GX OC'ed, which i have linked above.

What would be a better graphics card:ATi Radeon 9550 or XFX GeForce 7600 GS Extreme Edition(Please consider both performance and expense)??
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I would say get 7600GS or GT, those are nice cards and give you good performance :). Also you all should now first whether you have agp or pcie slot in your motherboard :p. ati 9550 is very week when compared to 7600GS or GT 9550 is old card compared to fx series not Geforce 7 series:p

I have PCI slots .So what would be a reasonable choice for a graphics card under +_50 UK Pounds?

Last edited:
thanx guys for ur advice i m thinking of buying nvidia geforce 6800 is that the best option for me this is my details though posted earlier

i just wanna know how do we come 2 know that we have a pci slot or a graphic card slot pls help me new 2 all these thanx in advance

how do we find out whether theres pci slot or a graphic card slot in my pc pls helpppp

Attachments

• my pc.JPG
    my pc.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 64
  • my pc.JPG
    my pc.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 61
@devsharma, I think you have agp slot in your motherboard. You can confirm it if you download Sandar XL. Sissoft sandra is nice to have and will give detail information about your PC :).
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=177

Download sissfot sandra 2005 then open it go to hardware->mainboard. It will give details about your motherboard. model number,chipset etc. scroll down and see expansion slots. there agp/pcie(don't worry if it say agp4x or 8x both are almost same) slot will be mentioned along with pci slots ;)

Ankit kukreti said:
@devsharma, I think you have agp slot in your motherboard. You can confirm it if you download Sandar XL. Sissoft sandra is nice to have and will give detail information about your PC :).
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=177

Download sissfot sandra 2005 then open it go to hardware->mainboard. It will give details about your motherboard. model number,chipset etc. scroll down and see expansion slots. there agp/pcie(don't worry if it say agp4x or 8x both are almost same) slot will be mentioned along with pci slots ;)

Is this software applicable for every type of motherboards :)

listen u all mates u can run blic 07 easily on 6600 128bit 256mb or 6600 gt 256 mb very easily on 1024 * 786 resolution so dont worry at all...

but beaware off LE versions these are not recommanded ..

just ask me wht u want in graphics wht type of graphics cards u want...??

i am available ...

system specs knowlage..always ask me ... i am here to help u not perticularly on blic 07 but on any game....

first thing any body should consider

Nvidia is always preferable over ATI in terms of games ....

because of better compatibility with microsoft direct x ...

devsharma said:
thanx guys for ur advice i m thinking of buying nvidia geforce 6800 is that the best option for me this is my details though posted earlier

i just wanna know how do we come 2 know that we have a pci slot or a graphic card slot pls help me new 2 all these thanx in advance

how do we find out whether theres pci slot or a graphic card slot in my pc pls helpppp

If u dont have pci x or agp slot then u can purchase a mother board with a non built in vga and with agp slot then purchase 6800 256 mb with 256 bit card in agp...

by reading ur specs u cant have pci x slot couz of older version of system...

but these two things will solve ur problem for atleast 1.5 or 2 yrs....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread