best graphics card?

How would Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro (PCI-E x16, 256MB) be as a graphics card?? And how would you compare it with Sapphire Radeon x1950 256 MB PCI-E x16??
Price Radeon x1650
Price Radeon x1950
Do the links above represents the proper graphics card and the proper expenses for them?? According to them, Sapphire Radeon x1650 costs US $105=UK 54 Pounds, and x1950 costs US $150=UK 77 Pounds.
EDIT: I have a few inquiries.Does the memory of the graphics card matter to the overall perfromance of the computer?? For exapmple, my computer's memory is 512 MB, so how would it be affected by the above card with 256 Mb or the same card with 512 MB??

Last edited:
i just want to draw some attention towards my post in the other thread that unfortunately has gone unnoticed...

My Query

My Motherboard

i have no clue about the AGP or PCI E or whatever they're called, i dont even know for sure what exactly is my motherboard capable of...but i'd appreciate it if anyone could please suggest a graphic card that is in the range of Rs 5000-6000 ( 120 USD i think).. that can work well with my motherboard

appreciate the time...

Kshitiz_Indian said:
ATI would be the winner in extreme performance with the launch of R600 . However in the mid range market ( which is the most selling one ) , nvidia still comes to be the winner at Performance - price ratios ;) with its 7600 GS and GT's and even 6600GT.

Only exception here is palit 's X1600pro which comes cheaper. Other than that ATI cards have higher ratio of price - performance :)

R600 is going to win "extreme" performance scenarios in current games vs. the 8800/8900, due to the incredible amount of bandwidth it has (thanks to its 512-bit bus). It may not be as clear-cut a win for resolutions < 1680x1050. R600 is expected to dominate DX10 performance as well.

If you're looking for a card that's out now, the X1650 XT performs about the same as the 7600 GT, winning more often than not (especially when you crank up all the details).

If you want a midrange ATI DX10 card, the X2600 (RV630 core) will be out in another month or two. Not much is known about this chip yet, other than it is produced on the 65nm manufacturing process. If ATI targeted performance levels that are high enough to utilize the extra space provided by this smaller process, it should be an excellent chip.

i got a X800 GTO and it works ok on 800x600 and lower kinda lags on 1024x768 like 20-25 fps, but when the game comes out u can change the graphics settings in game like shadows and stuff right?

madmick96 said:
i got a X800 GTO and it works ok on 800x600 and lower kinda lags on 1024x768 like 20-25 fps, but when the game comes out u can change the graphics settings in game like shadows and stuff right?

Yes, i would have thought so based on last years game.

what would use say the best graphics card out at the moment is and what is expected to come out soon.

etho11 said:
what would use say the best graphics card out at the moment is and what is expected to come out soon.

The best is a Geforce 8800GTX. However id post your full specs, as there is no point having this card if the rest of your system doesnt match up.

i dont really no how to post all my specs but here is what i think.

Your specs look fine, nothing flashy. A X1650XT or 7600GT should compliment your system nicely.

all u want to know about ur system cpu motherboard here is the ultimate solution:

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

download freeware software cpu-Z 1.34.1 or newer i have this version and it will tell u any thing about ur system including brand manufatures and Correct model no...

and its all my pleasure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Here is the pic of my mainboard ....

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 59
cnbd_novice said:
How would Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro (PCI-E x16, 256MB) be as a graphics card?? And how would you compare it with Sapphire Radeon x1950 256 MB PCI-E x16??
Price Radeon x1650
Price Radeon x1950
Do the links above represents the proper graphics card and the proper expenses for them?? According to them, Sapphire Radeon x1650 costs US $105=UK 54 Pounds, and x1950 costs US $150=UK 77 Pounds.
EDIT: I have a few inquiries.Does the memory of the graphics card matter to the overall perfromance of the computer?? For exapmple, my computer's memory is 512 MB, so how would it be affected by the above card with 256 Mb or the same card with 512 MB??

Yes them seem about right, newegg is pretty good at being competitive.

Generally, you need more than 256mb if you game above 1280x1024. But still you dont have much system memory so maybe if you can buy a 1650pro and stick another 512 of ram into your system. 1 gig is pretty standard these days.

nickelless_cage said:
i just want to draw some attention towards my post in the other thread that unfortunately has gone unnoticed...

My Query

My Motherboard

i have no clue about the AGP or PCI E or whatever they're called, i dont even know for sure what exactly is my motherboard capable of...but i'd appreciate it if anyone could please suggest a graphic card that is in the range of Rs 5000-6000 ( 120 USD i think).. that can work well with my motherboard

appreciate the time...

Hi, it appears your motherboard supports pci express x16.

Keeping to your price range, you could get this card.
JetWay X16XT-ED-256L Radeon X1650XT 256MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814153032

Its clocked slightly slower than most other X1650xt's, but is still a decent card.

This is the more expensive 1650XT
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161049

This has beaten its Nvidia counterpart comfortably, especially with all the eye candy turned up.

Last edited:
@nickelless_cage, your PC is preety fast :). Even a 6600GT will be good. Although 7600GT is a lot faster than it and many fast cards available. 6600GT can still play games ;). I think it should be around 7k INR(7000 rs or less) not sure though.Remember to get pcie card only, you can save more money and get 6600GT. If you play games more often then may be 7600GT.

Oh I see :eek: then 7600GS PCIE card is the way to go. May be 6600GT will be araound 5K then :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread