best graphics card?

Specs

Hi,

I know there's a lot of threads started with a similar subject but wanted some advice and opinions.

Currently, I've got an Athlon x2 (939) 3800 overclocked to 2.2ghz, 1gb RAM, 6600GT 128mb, in XP and am only able to run the game smoothly on the lowest setting; 640x480 no AA, etc.

Now I've read the forums and a lot of guys with systems lesser than my own are able to run the game much smoother on higher settings. I've tried the walkthrough on nVidia cards with a little success.

I'm starting to appreciate that my PC probably isn't up to it. So ladies and gentlemen I'm trying to see what you guys are running and at what settings. Maybe you could offer advice on an upgrade when I eventually get round to doing so. Maybe there's one specific piece of hardware that's really causing the problems. Maybe the people with setups similar to mine could post any settings that they have to make the make just a touch smoother. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully this might help others decide what PC works best with Lara.

Ian.

i have an x1300 pro.. running it on a sempron 3000+.. and 768MB DDR Memory.. and the games very chopy.. even when i followed the steps to get better performance.. my card isnt all that bad.. it runs alot of games on diffrent resolution perfectly.. in BLIC 2005 i had it maxed out settings.. and the highest resolution.. and perfect quality.. idk whats up

Well Ian you can refer to the thread named "Help for those with nvidia cards suffering from poor performance" it may provide some useful tips for you. However if you prefer to upgrade your graphics rad instead I think this is the right thread.

I am seriously thinking about upgrading my graphics card in a few days(not my whole PC as it is less than half-a-year old). I attached my PC system information below to give people an opportunity to recommend what graphics card would be best for my PC and enable me to run Brian Lara 2007 without problems.
sysinfocopybj0.gif

dxdiagmb5.gif

dxtx8.gif

mswq4.gif

P.S:To gas, you have consistently suggested the graphics card Radeon x1650 xt for others. Would you prescribe the same card for me or do you have a different opinion in my case?

just purchase 7900 gt it will work in vista too.. upgrade ur ram and hard disk and give more virtual memory to systems...

manee said:
Are my graphics card possibilities limited?

which graphic card u r using if builtin get x1650xt or pro ...

ian_hayden said:
Hi,

I know there's a lot of threads started with a similar subject but wanted some advice and opinions.

Currently, I've got an Athlon x2 (939) 3800 overclocked to 2.2ghz, 1gb RAM, 6600GT 128mb, in XP and am only able to run the game smoothly on the lowest setting; 640x480 no AA, etc.

Now I've read the forums and a lot of guys with systems lesser than my own are able to run the game much smoother on higher settings. I've tried the walkthrough on nVidia cards with a little success.

I'm starting to appreciate that my PC probably isn't up to it. So ladies and gentlemen I'm trying to see what you guys are running and at what settings. Maybe you could offer advice on an upgrade when I eventually get round to doing so. Maybe there's one specific piece of hardware that's really causing the problems. Maybe the people with setups similar to mine could post any settings that they have to make the make just a touch smoother. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully this might help others decide what PC works best with Lara.

Ian.

I already answerd your question in another thread, but maybe you didnt see it. So here goes again...............

Given the fact that your cpu is only 2.2Ghz, i would advise you to get a 1650XT. This will enable you to run the game at a res of 1280x1024, with aa and af enabled.

You dont say wether you need a pci or an agp graphics card, so i have included quotes for both. Pci first, then agp.

His X1650XT (pci)
Available from newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814161049

Powercolour X1650Xt (agp)
Available from newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814131036

Newegg have a good refund policy of 30 days no questions asked, plus when you buy a new card, if you send your old one back that you bought from them, you get money off the new card

cnbd_novice said:
Well Ian you can refer to the thread named "Help for those with nvidia cards suffering from poor performance" it may provide some useful tips for you. However if you prefer to upgrade your graphics rad instead I think this is the right thread.

I am seriously thinking about upgrading my graphics card in a few days(not my whole PC as it is less than half-a-year old). I attached my PC system information below to give people an opportunity to recommend what graphics card would be best for my PC and enable me to run Brian Lara 2007 without problems.
sysinfocopybj0.gif

dxdiagmb5.gif

dxtx8.gif

mswq4.gif

P.S:To gas, you have consistently suggested the graphics card Radeon x1650 xt for others. Would you prescribe the same card for me or do you have a different opinion in my case?

Hello mate.

Yes, although given the fact your processor is on the 3Ghz mark, you could actually run a better card in your system. The x1950 Pro from sapphire is an excellent card for its price. ?113

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=265437&sourceid=2004

Still, the X1650XT would still be a decent choice, but your pc is capable of better.

Also, try and upgrade to 1 gig of ram.

manee said:
I am using built in Radeon X300, would X1950 work?

Manee, can you post your dxdiag report as a text file and attach it to a post please. Then ill be able to help better. :)

i have an AMD Athlon 64 bit 1.8 Ghz Processor with 512 mb DDR ram, & a 128 MB ATI Radeon PCI-Express X300 SE, but still the game runs very slow & choppy even at 800*600 resolution with Anti Aliasing Turned Off....

Will i need to upgrade my graphics card??? or will updating the drivers of the card help me in improving the performance

Pls Reply soon

-=Maverick_12210=-

The_gas said:
Manee, can you post your dxdiag report as a text file and attach it to a post please. Then ill be able to help better. :)

Ok. :)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    51.7 KB · Views: 9
x300 cards are not very fast. Those with x300 will have performance issue so don't expect too much guys.

Users who are viewing this thread