Best modern day batting entertainer?

Best modern day batting entertainer?

• Total voters
Darn if I'd have got 2 seconds more I would've answered :)

I remember Klusener. I think the reason we've forgotten him is that he prolonged his career and then didn't really do that well in the last few matches that he played. I have voted for Afridi. He just makes hitting so easy. I have been bred on a diet of fast-paced and high-scoring cricket and he satisfies my hunger in that regard.

taimurasad said:
Who do think is the best modern batting entertainer?

THIS IS WHT I THINK:
If u talk abt entertainment then its Afridi. Now dont think i selected him because I'm a Pakistani. I think he is the best simply because one just cant find another Afridi in this world. You may find a Sehwag in Gilchrist or Chris Cairns in Flintoff but there is no matching to Afridi. He doesnt care abt his career or anything else he has his own coaching manuals & follows it bravely. Evryone knows he is too inconsistent but thats Afridi(Two of the fastest century record holder) for u when on song he has a strike rate reaching 300. Hardest Hitter, usefull bowler & energetic fielder.

Sanath Jayasuriya on his day was more destructive than Afridi. Afridi has more power, thats it. And he is your Twenty-20 cricket man.. Its all about hitting. An entertainer is one who should have some amount of consistency in giving us entertainment. I dont even consider Afridi to be consistent!

I will go for sehwag simple beacause he is consistent performer and he is one of the few entertainers in the world of cricket today.

I vote for Virender Sehwag now but had Jayasuriya maintained his form and his destructive batting in the years, he would have won miles ahead of many! Gilchrist comes third to me! Flintoff is fourth for his recent found hard hitting batting. Afridi is fifth for me due to his consistency!

Yeah Andrew Symonds on his day can be a nightmare for any bowling attack in the world.

He needs to improve on his consistency.

I remember lance klusener ripping through teams in the 99 world cup.

saisrini80 said:
Sanath Jayasuriya on his day was more destructive than Afridi. Afridi has more power, thats it. And he is your Twenty-20 cricket man.. Its all about hitting. An entertainer is one who should have some amount of consistency in giving us entertainment. I dont even consider Afridi to be consistent!

This isnt about consistency You got to understand sai!You call guys Like Rahul Dravid consisten and I am sure no body will find Rahul Dravid entertaining simply because he is consistent he looks for singles and doubles and later on he goes for his blistering strokes later on in The 40 over,but It isnt The case with Afridi He wants to hit every ball for six and He proved it how entertaning he is in the last odi againts india,I am sure it wasnt enterrtaining for The indian fans :D

fardin said:
This isnt about consistency You got to understand sai!You call guys Like Rahul Dravid consisten and I am sure no body will find Rahul Dravid entertaining simply because he is consistent he looks for singles and doubles and later on he goes for his blistering strokes later on in The 40 over,but It isnt The case with Afridi He wants to hit every ball for six and He proved it how entertaning he is in the last odi againts india,I am sure it wasnt enterrtaining for The indian fans :D

this is also not abt the most destructive hitter.. its about "BEST ENTERTAINER". People have more entertainment from a person who consistently gives it. afridi can give that glimpses of entertainment, but guys like Sehwag, Jayasuriya and Gilchrist can give it on a more consistent basis.

well said!

If you go by what Fardin said, then the spectators have to consult an astrologer and ask him "when is afridi going to play big?". He indeed is a destructive batsman but not in the class of sehwag, gilchrist and jayasurya. You gotta be constructive when you are destructive. He scores once in a while, thats the reason why his avg. even after 200 ODI's is in the mid 20's.

Users who are viewing this thread