Best moments of the game

mazd

International Cricketer
Leave apart the best moment folks. Please share the glitches/ parts in which BA Studios have not lived upto the expectation so that Ross can have better idea of the reach of the game. 100 positives is smaller than 1 single negative. Lets be radical.

Can someone delete this post. Its really messing up with the positive vibe of the thread. @MadhavanGovind do us a favour and delete it.

devilz_tongue

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Firstly i would like to say that the best feature i like about this game is that when playing the career mode, you get + attribute points for doing certain acts well and - points for doing something bad

Now while bowling, if i bowl a wide i get negative points and if i bowl a good outswinger i get positive points. The best part is that the points earned cannot be assigned by us, its automatically added to the specific attribute that you performed well. For eg. if i bowl a good outswinger, i get +1 in the outswinger attribute and if i bowl a wide cuz of badly directed outswinger then i get -1 on that attribute while getting a wicket on a specific delivery will give +3 attribute points. The same applies for all types of bowling and batting

Now for the best moment! getting a 5 wicket haul in the second innings (pro mode) of a county game. At this point i thought oooh the bowling is too easy! but then come next match (Pro40) i got smashed for 70 in 5 over! :D

All my wickets were either bowled or LBW's very satisfying indeed. For some of the LBW's i had to manually appeal as the umpire dint react at all. Also noticed that when the team was 5 wickets down, the AI batting became much more convservative. Whilst My batting on the other hand was horrendous! Scored a highest of 5 in the Pro40 match. The spinner kept on tossing it up and the RRR was 8+ so decided to smash it out of the park but was caught in the deep!.

I could really feel the pressure of the RRR. 2 close catching fielder, packed offside field and long on and long off aswell!

Cant wait to bat again! :D

Firstly i would like to say that the best feature i like about this game is that when playing the career mode, you get + attribute points for doing certain acts well and - points for doing something bad

Now while bowling, if i bowl a wide i get negative points and if i bowl a good outswinger i get positive points. The best part is that the points earned cannot be assigned by us, its automatically added to the specific attribute that you performed well. For eg. if i bowl a good outswinger, i get +1 in the outswinger attribute and if i bowl a wide cuz of badly directed outswinger then i get -1 on that attribute while getting a wicket on a specific delivery will give +3 attribute points. The same applies for all types of bowling and batting

Now for the best moment! getting a 5 wicket haul in the second innings (pro mode) of a county game. At this point i thought oooh the bowling is too easy! but then come next match (Pro40) i got smashed for 70 in 5 over! :D

All my wickets were either bowled or LBW's very satisfying indeed. For some of the LBW's i had to manually appeal as the umpire dint react at all. Also noticed that when the team was 5 wickets down, the AI batting became much more convservative. Whilst My batting on the other hand was horrendous! Scored a highest of 5 in the Pro40 match. The spinner kept on tossing it up and the RRR was 8+ so decided to smash it out of the park but was caught in the deep!.

I could really feel the pressure of the RRR. 2 close catching fielder, packed offside field and long on and long off aswell!

Cant wait to bat again! :D

Can't wait to get my mitts on this game...I'm sat here drooling! The attribute/skill points thing sounds great and surprised that this part of the game wasn't made clear during development.....unless it's just me who didn't know about it. :noway

devilz_tongue

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i chose myself as a batting allrounder with my batting position at 5. My bowling type was "Fast" so that way i get to bowl first every match :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A few complaints about the extreme fielding reflexes, so here's a positive one - failing three times in a row at catching the ball.

I liked that more than had it been caught.

Last edited:

Xobii

School Cricketer
Many Awesome Moments

I have been playing DBC for a few days now, and sleeping very late and in office replying here........ So yea.............The game is great. A few niggles here and there will change it.

Many great moments, but in career mode this guy was walloping me front right and center. I try and bowl a leg spinner around the wicket onto his pads. he misses....... or i thought. I appeal and damn there is the slightest of edges.

Lovely

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Few close shaves with the stumps when I was bowling...Fielded comfortably using the dive and tap back combination for 3-4 times and had the fielder roll over to take a catch...Was totally awesome...And bowled a player trying to play sweep off my bowling and it hit leg stump...:D

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Actually I had an awesome moment with that in the game...It was an offspinner and bowled on middle stump....I got on back foot and tried to play a cut shot to 3rd man as the bat got at 140 deg angle it took a edge and went over WK head for four....

BagoZA

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had a few awesome moments last night, bowling in a T20 game, I was trying to get it nice and full at the end of the innings, bowled a slower full length ball, lower order batsmen didn't seem to pick it up and played way to early, bowled him! very next ball I bowl a off cutter, new batsmen tries to go square and inside edge onto the stumps! Hatrick ball, figured I'd try another full one, got plastered through mid on for 4 :lol

Same game, batting, got myself in heaps of trouble, 16 to win, 1 wicket remaining, leg spinner bowling, full and straight first ball, straight down the ground for 4, next one is straight again but a bit shorter, over his head for 6, next ball is much flatter and quicker and a bit wider outside off, I fall for it and try to go over the top again, outside edge and keeper takes the catch, lost by 5 runs...

Couldn't help but feel that I was set up by the AI, out thought, out played... I kinda liked it :lol

mrzdt

Club Captain
My best moment is winning the T20 cup with Glamorgan in the second year of my career and the way I got there.

I had to win the last league game to get into the top 2 to qualify for the knockouts. I previously only had 1 50 to my name in 50 over cricket and my top score in T20 was 21. We batted second in this game and the opposition scored an average total. I managed to get a new high score of 32 runs and really helped my team win the game.

Quarterfinals, we bowled first and I bowled well. Picking up a few wickets and being economical. We had a steepish target to chase, about 160. When I came in at 40/2 after 6 overs, the required was climbing. Then my partner got out and we had the new batsman faced a maiden. So I am thinking game over and sucks losing in the quarter. I then through caution to the wind and hit an 18 ball 50. I hit one over like this 466466 from one of their spinners. I got out soon after but the required was less than 6 and my team won with 9 balls to spare.

Semi-final. Did nothing with the bat. Bowled the 10th and 12th overs in a tight chase. I then got asked to bowl again with the opposition requiring 24 from 18 deliveries. First ball they hit for 4. Then it was 00WW0. They needed 10 of the last over and only got to with a few wickets and dot balls in their as well.

Final. Once again I failed with the bat, bowled well in the middle and I had to bowl when they needed 18 of 12 balls. Bowled a tight over with a few wickets and dot balls. Then I watched as the opposition required 14 of the last over. First ball 2 runs. Second ball 6!. 6 of 3 and I thought game over. One hit and the season was lost. Then a dot ball. And the last ball is hit high and lands just in the rope.

We won the final on the last ball with 1 run.

Awesome game.

Alberts

International Coach
Started a World Test championship (basically the World Cup, but playing tests) to see how it goes playing as Australia. Having been in good form in the last few tests I've played (won by something like 300 runs in my last match) I felt pretty confident getting Scotland first.

They won the toss, sent me in to bat and got Hughes for a duck in the first over. Only got worse from there and I ended up all out for 144. No biggy I thought though, my bowling is the strong suit of my game, I can take their weak batting order apart, score some good runs in the second innings and roll them for a solid 100-200 run win.

Having them 6-32 I seemed to have them under control, no need to worry. They rallied though and made it to 8-87 before I mustered the 9th wicket. What happened next though will stick in my head for a long time to come. Their number 10 and 11 at the crease made it to 170 before I finally got them. A chanceless run a ball 50 from their number 11 who hammered the bowling of Lyon and Harris like they were grade cricketers.

I've now got to face up against them in the second innings having conceded a first innings lead.

Users who are viewing this thread