Best moments of the game

mrzdt

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Completely unrealistic as well it seems ;)
:

:D

When I started career mode and had to choose a team I thought I would pick a weaker team so that I can singlehandedly be responsible for overcoming all the stronger teams and winning the trophies. In hindsight, I should have maybe picked a stronger team but its been fun.

Sometimes they play well, sometimes they play not so well.

Alberts

International Coach
I quite liked my first win as well. Having only set 120 odd to win in a T20 match I assumed that I was pretty much doomed to begin with. They were within 5 runs of winning, 6 overs remaining with 4 wickets in hand. On came Johnson who got 4-2 to win the game.

liamr

School Cricketer
I just had a brilliant moment

I am a batting all-rounder (Finger-spin) and i am playing my first game For Essex. my 1st innings bowling figures were 2/43. i then went out for a duck after 3 balls :(

However, on my second innings i got the ball in the 4th over. 1st ball i get a wicket, and then i bowled the next guy so i was on a hattrick. i bowled and the ball missed the stumps, as i hang my head in shame i realise the wicket-keeper stumped the batsman (Needless to say i ran around my room like a maniac :) ).

I went on to 6/23 and still going!

moose007za

School Cricketer
I am quite bad at bowling so getting it to seam in and hit the stumps after being 180/2 with a batsman on 90odd was awesome! First bowled wicket as well :D

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Just got a 1st LBW after my 93rd appeal. I ask the umpires if the ball is vaguely on the cut strip...

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I played a casual match a couple of days back. I played with a team I created and I forgot which team I played against, as i picked it randomly (it was a county team). I was in strong position 108/1 after 19 overs. Then came in Doherty with spin bowling. He took 9 wickets for just five runs and I was all out for 148 runs. :eek: :noway

estmsm

Club Captain
Two for me so far... One in which i hit a beautiful late cut shot off a spinner in a 4-day... that was some shot... And another moment was i bowled an almost perfect out-swinger in a good length and the batsman tried to hit a cover drive and he almost perfectly nicked it to the keeper... A peach of a delivery it was.... What a wicket it was...

bigguy400

School Cricketer
Batting against a spinner, I middled one to the leg side expecting to pick up a boundary, only for the ball to hit the knee of the short leg fielder, pop up an him to turn round and catch the ball before it hit the ground..... brilliant to watch the replay!

tandy45

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mine so far would be clean bowling Bell on 132, teased him with a couple of in-swngers that narrowly missed his bat on the way through the keeper. Final ball of the over, I try an out-swinger and he marginally missed timed his shot and clean bowled. Shouted the house down.

My favourite batting moment would be a toss between reaching my first 50 partnership in a 4 day match, or posting my highest score of 36 off 40 deliveries before being caught in the deep. The only reason the runs came as quick as they did were due to miss timed edges running to the boundry. Absolutely nerve wracking game though when I reach the low twenties finding myself blocking most deliveries and eeking out singles. Slowly finding myself going from 4/5 runs an innings to 20 - 30 runs per innings.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
mine would be hitting a 125 meter six on debut on the first ball I face in my career with a advance shot. lol
it want straight down and out of the stadium...really funny.

Syedhuz

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
1st day playing the game took a hatrick in career mode (i am fast bowler & batting all rounder) .. batting ducks were replaced by 10-20s & highest score of 36 in 4 hrs of play :yes

Sammuthegreat

School Cricketer
Probably in a casual match - thought I'd decided to play a t10 and batted first, went slashing left right and centre and was out for about 120 in the 10th over, thinking that was a decent score so I could be fairly cavalier with my wickets in hand.

Only when I had the AI at 80/5 after about 9 overs did I realise I'd chosen to play a t20, not a t10, so they were just tickling their way to an easy win unless I could produce 5 wickets for under 40 runs.

When I took the final wicket, suffice to say I was pretty chuffed.

YestrdaysJam

Club Cricketer
Playing a test match Australia v England today, Steve Smith bowling to Ian Bell (who else!).

Bell flicks a full ball off his legs, into the knee of bat pad, balloons up in the air and bat pad grabs it on the second go. Wow. Just, perfect.

I nearly had video of it as well...if I hadn't managed to accidentally open the disc tray when trying to swap my HDMI cables to my cap card. Sigh. :noway

TheJF

School Cricketer
In my career, I had a C&B opportunity spilled onto the stumps for a runout as the batsman was backing up, and also had an edge to 2nd slip from my finger spinning player caught. Both of which I thought were pretty cool moments

Users who are viewing this thread