Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I have started this thread for people to input where and what could be tweaked from the beta patch for the final version.
I dont have the patch myself but from what i have read so far it sounds like the computer bowling round/over the wicket issue could do with being addressed as could the amount of turn produced by the spinners.
It also appears that batting power could be reduced( feel free to correct me if i'm wrong here)
Please be realistic and don't post things such as "adding third umpire" or " changing team line up"
Hopefully this can be of use to all involved.....

Maybe change the preset field settings to some more realistic ones, just for the sake of the computer.

Maybe change the preset field settings to some more realistic ones, just for the sake of the computer.

Yep, this is the main one for me! The field settings are not always really realistic or effective even though AI does bowl more to the field. Plus it still takes them a while to close gaps if need be. If that could be fixed we are on a massive winner here!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good timed shots can go for 4 or 6...doesnt matter much...but poor timed shots can reduced to a maximum of 3 runs taken...(when the ball lands in a no man's area). There can be a lot of height depending on the strength of the batsman, but there shouldnt be so much elevation for it...
just my though!!!:)

After reading another post I am wondering if the unrealistic bowler changes coould be fixed at all, I've played tests where Brett lee has only bowled 12 overs throughout compared to Siddle bowling 50 odd!! Also part-timers coming in after a low amount of overs ahead of unused, highly rated bowlers

The fields are more than a small tweak. If someone was to post pictures of how they think every (and I mean every) field should be then it might get implemented but even then it's unlikely.

There was a thread on cricketweb.net when James was making flash cricket game for his site that thread contained each and every field settings required by any game.

Allrounder18 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

One more thing is the mis time shots/lbw/bowled the bat still seems far away from ball perhaps it will be easier to closing up the distance b/w bat and bowl in the next beta , BTW excellent thread.

The spinners do seem to be a bit too effective, and also batting could be made somewhat more difficult going by some of the scorecards.

The fields are more than a small tweak. If someone was to post pictures of how they think every (and I mean every) field should be then it might get implemented but even then it's unlikely.

If transmission could edit the fields easily enough then would it be worth starting another thread in which people could edit then upload their prefered fields? Then, maybe tranmission could take these examples onboard,and change where they see fit. However we would have to take in consideration the computer bowling for them to be effective in many cases.
If this idea was to be implimented then we could also suggest which of the current fields to keep

There is a problem with this in that the AI takes its fields only from the presets as far as I can work out, so you need to have field settings which allow protection all around the ground. For example, even though a fast bowler would hardly ever have long on and long off as an attacking field, the AI needs these in case the player starts hitting straight.

There is a problem with this in that the AI takes its fields only from the presets as far as I can work out, so you need to have field settings which allow protection all around the ground. For example, even though a fast bowler would hardly ever have long on and long off as an attacking field, the AI needs these in case the player starts hitting straight.

That's true, but some of the fields are silly and have both mid and long on and off.

That's true, but some of the fields are silly and have both mid and long on and off.

Agreed. Can a list of these fields be made? If so, we could give it to Transmission to see if they can simply alter those ones, as they really are quite silly.

I think eveness is the best thing, then effectiveness can be based on conditions etc.

Users who are viewing this thread