Beta Patch Improvement Area Thread

I dunno why , but i still suck with spinners on Hard Mode. Maybe I need to sleep

Another suggestion is to make the lbw more accurate especially the AI appeals really make no sense :(

I guess I am the only person to have graphical stutter while the scoreboard is displayed so well...

Ability for fielders to dive if not at least be able to stop the ball (which are perfectly stoppable in normal cricket)

I have started this thread for people to input where and what could be tweaked from the beta patch for the final version.
I dont have the patch myself but from what i have read so far it sounds like the computer bowling round/over the wicket issue could do with being addressed as could the amount of turn produced by the spinners.
It also appears that batting power could be reduced( feel free to correct me if i'm wrong here)
Please be realistic and don't post things such as "adding third umpire" or " changing team line up"
Hopefully this can be of use to all involved.....

Good thread - here, we can get down to business and just post the things that need fixing - the other thread can be where we whoop and holler about the (many) improvements to the game.

Agreed - the spinners are spinning the ball too much - on the first morning, Swann was almost turning it square! I had a really nice, realistic LBW appeal, but they do need to be toned down a little.

I agree about the batting power as well and one other thing I'd add is it'd be nice if the weather changed at some point in the test match (sometimes), to add some strategy about batting or bowling; now, this game has definitely got the potential for tests to go for five days.

The AI seems to change its bowling line (over/round) a bit too often and it's peculiar that Hussey should come on second change instead of Hauritz (who is, of course, a full time spinner).

It might just be me, but the medium pacers such as Hussey are damn hard to play now.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Another suggestion is to make the lbw more accurate especially the AI appeals really make no sense :(

I guess I am the only person to have graphical stutter while the scoreboard is displayed so well...

Ability for fielders to dive if not at least be able to stop the ball (which are perfectly stoppable in normal cricket)

I get some minor slowdown when the electronic scoreboard is displayed, but not the one shown between overs. The exception is a new session, but I reckon that's down to the game loading the new sky texture/lighting.

Agreed about the LBWs and the diving fielders, but I doubt if they'll implement more dives, but let's wait and see...

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

The fields are more than a small tweak. If someone was to post pictures of how they think every (and I mean every) field should be then it might get implemented but even then it's unlikely.

Has anyone tried a custom field where there are many fielders on the boundaries (an extra defensive field), just to see if the AI plays sensibly, or still lofts shots too often? It'd be great if they keep the ball on the ground under such situations, as twos or even threes would easily be possible.

If not, I might give it a go myself later.

Power of the lofted shots needs to be tweaked. I was able to score comfortable boundaries with poor timing.

Well I'm playing the first Ashes test and believe me no-one is too effective. :p They're 200/3 and looking very comfortable. I was quite happy with my 220 as well...

Power of the lofted shots needs to be tweaked. I was able to score comfortable boundaries with poor timing.

I'm glad to to see there is someone who is having the same problems as me. Just hope they can sort it and if so, this game will be fantastic.

Off spinner

Can anyone please post whether the off spinner loop hole is/'will be' handled in the patch?

There were a couple of bugs with the field placing. sometime the changes done to the custom field settings are overridden, just when the bowler starts the runup.
If I have 5 fielders on the boundary and then opt for a powerplay (the following over), the computer does not force me to bring the fielders back in the circle (Unless i try to edit the field placing during the powerplay over).

I am a PSN user and have no access to the beta patch, hence this post.

Last edited:

I agree. I'd like to see more 'poorly timed' lofted shots become top edges and just go straight up in the air - that's what often happens in real life with poorly timed lofted shots.

I agree. I'd like to see more 'poorly timed' lofted shots become top edges and just go straight up in the air - that's what often happens in real life with poorly timed lofted shots.

Pre-patch, if you went for a lofted shot and poorly timed it, generally I found that they would either hit it in the air for an easy catch or just over a fielder for 2 or maybe 3. This is what it should be like rather than just stick cricket.

When batting against spinners they keep stumping me every single ball despite the fact I haven't moved out of the crease. Needless to say I am not out but there is no need to to attempt to stump every single ball

Not played patched version but cant we have an explanation of the decision like BLIC 07

'outside the line of off stump' etc

will there be a wii patch? if so i beg that they add it to the wii version b4 releasing itin aus, even if it means an added price..

There is still not enough bounce in the middle of the pitch. You bowl a ball that's very short, it should have the batsman ducking and diving, but instead, he rocks back and smacks it back over your head. Upon seeing the replay, you can see clearly that the ball didn't bounce anywhere near as much as it should - hence why it was right in the slot to be smashed.

Edit: Also, it's far too easy to bowl no-balls with a spinner - I think the yellow zone should be made larger for them, to simulate the reduced likelihood of them overstepping.

From what I can see, there's a bit of a problem with the player controlled bowler stamina. Flintoff's stamina goes down a little, then the over is bowled from the other end and when Freddy comes back on, his stamina has gone back up. That's just an example, surely it happens with other fast bowlers and maybe other types of bowlers as well.

Yeps, and the AI are too cautious when it comes to taking singles now, singles that are easily available.

When batsmen are 'fearless', they do tend to go for a few too many lofted shots and sixes - not as bad as before, but could do with being toned down a little.

On a more minor, cosmetic note, a cloudy day looks exactly like a sunny day - the players shadows look as though the sun is blazing down and the lighting also looks sunny as well. It'd be good if there was some difference in looks regarding that, but obviously, it's not a critical point.

The AI batsmen don't seem to want to run at all for byes, whenever there's been the chance for byes, the AI refuses to run.

Last edited:
removing or disabling quit match button from online game pause menu:p

Users who are viewing this thread