Big Bash 2012-2013

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
153408.jpg

Along with Luke Pomersbach, Joe Burns has laid down a marker for Mike Hussey's vacant spot.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pomesach was on the national radar a few years ago for the odi time i recall, but fell out of reckoning for reasons i'm not sure about.

But good to see him batting this well, with S Marsh also getting a return to form (hopefully he can translate this into the first-class season now). AUS need as much batsmen stepping up more these days on the domestic circuit.

Overall for AUS, the bigbash highlights to be me as mentioned earlier in the thread that Hodge & Nannes should be in the national t20 side in preparation for the 2014 tournament.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Pomersbach has awesome talent, but like Andrew Symonds, Jesse Ryder and the Marsh brothers, he just loves the booze too much. Even ignoring his off field behaviour, his career never really took off. He had one good Shield season, but he never built on that, while his limited overs record is surprisingly awful for a guy who can hit like he can. That T20I he played for Aus was just dumb luck, after Brad Hodge injured his back when putting on his pants :D Anyway, hopefully a change of state will do the trick for him, I wonder if QLD will sign him for the rest of the season. Maybe room with Usman Khawaja (a non-drinker) vs Shaun Marsh would help too...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Disappointing despite the Geelong Advertiser reporting otherwise, it's again been ruled out as an idea to move the Renegades down here.

I've never understood the idea of there being two Melbourne teams - as someone without much interest in the competition I went along to the first of the Melbourne vs Melbourne matches with no idea who's side I was on. Having a Geelong team replacing one of them would certainly solve that. They seemed to miss the point that the A-League added the Western Sydney Wanderers.

That combined with a good chance of being on free TV under the new rights deal being announced soon would certainly make it far more interesting for me - and make it more viable long term, as anyone deciding between the two Melbourne sides is probably doing that based on the players in the current team, not an attachment to a stadium a few km down the road (perhaps liking red better than green?), so that would help generate a real supporter base on location rather than star players.

Bah!

Users who are viewing this thread