Big problem when installing XP SP3

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The PE Builder won't burn to a disc on my laptop, which has Windows XP Home Edition. I don't think it is a computer that can burn to discs. The only other computer I could run the PE Builder on is my mother's laptop, cos I am absolutely sure that is capable of burning to discs. The problem is, it runs on Windows Vista. Will that work then?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The PE Builder won't burn to a disc on my laptop, which has Windows XP Home Edition. I don't think it is a computer that can burn to discs. The only other computer I could run the PE Builder on is my mother's laptop, cos I am absolutely sure that is capable of burning to discs. The problem is, it runs on Windows Vista. Will that work then?
Yep, you can make the PE disc on Vista.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah. It should work as long as you provide the Windows XP's installtion files. :)

Btw, I don't really know if its illegal or not, but if you want to save time you might even download a 115mb live cd from p2p. Mods can delete this part if they think its improper. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just put the XP disc in the CD drive, run PE Builder and then click the ... button next to source and pick the CD drive from the list.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Booting from a disc doesn't work. :( I select the CD, I get "_" flashing at the top then the same thing happens...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Booting from a disc doesn't work. :( I select the CD, I get "_" flashing at the top then the same thing happens...
If you put the disc in the computer you burnt it with do you see a lot of files or just the one. If you see one you burnt it wrong, if you get more than one there is a setting in PE builder you will need to pick to fix it (and then burn another disc): Before clicking 'Build' you will need to click 'Plugins' and scroll down to 'boot fix', select it and click the Enable/Disable button so that a Yes appears next to it. Now click close and then Build.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have got Bart PE loaded on my computer but I have no idea how to get to my files or to enter the commands.

Kshitiz said I should now be able to get to my files, but I can't see the "Local Discs" at all. Sorry, but I have one thing to say...

"WHAT THE ****ING HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS ****ING THING????!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have decided I am willing to lose my files if I can get the PC working. But, I can't even do that. The windows install disk does not detect any drives I have.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Follow this:
If nothing works and you don't want to lose your data, install an operating system on a partition other than the windows one, backup the data you want with that operating system, and again install xp on C:

instead of losing your data.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Perhaps taking it into a PC shop and getting it repaired for you might be simpler, might cost a bit but saves hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread