Bit of a rant

The game is so sh*t its not funny, why would they release it with so many obvious flaws.

Did they not test the game? Maybe they thought it was fine the computer having a run rate of 20 in any game.

Does the AI not have confidence? Im assuming not, how can a new batsman come to the crease and straight away start hitting sixes and fours all over the place from ball 1, it doesn't matter 1) Where you pitch it, 2) What the field is, and 3) If its a number 11 batsman

The game is so sh*t its not funny, why would they release it with so many obvious flaws.

Did they not test the game? Maybe they thought it was fine the computer having a run rate of 20 in any game.

Does the AI not have confidence? Im assuming not, how can a new batsman come to the crease and straight away start hitting sixes and fours all over the place from ball 1, it doesn't matter 1) Where you pitch it, 2) What the field is, and 3) If its a number 11 batsman

Funny, that. My 12 year old nephew was getting rpo of 20+, until I showed him how to bowl properly. Not happening now...

It matters a great deal where you pitch it.

Funny, that. My 12 year old nephew was getting rpo of 20+, until I showed him how to bowl properly. Not happening now...

yes agree its the way you bowl massively has the effect on the ai rpo.
I am able to control there runs very easily now, of course you try different things to achieve wickets but even if they do start to smack balls i can go back to my original bowling and slow it up of course.

yes agree its the way you bowl massively has the effect on the ai rpo.
I am able to control there runs very easily now, of course you try different things to achieve wickets but even if they do start to smack balls i can go back to my original bowling and slow it up of course.

They don't do it for too long, do they? Usually just a few overs, in my case. Maybe there's been a 'powerplay' trigger incorrectly implemented?

even if you "BOWL PROPERLY", the AI only respects the yellow marker for a few overs MAX ! then, once it gets into the slog mode, eventually i end up quitting as no matter where you bowl or which field you set...its gonna be smacked for four or six.

in some cases, if the AI starts playing the BF BLOCK for four combined with other ridiculous shots......... i just press ALT + F4.

I think they have written the code for test matches in T20 mode and vice versa..In test matches the AI is always scoring at above 6rpo and finish up all out for around 150 in 15 to 20 overs.

In T20 mode they bat properly around 4-5 rpo and play full 20 overs and finish around 100/3 or something.

I think they have written the code for test matches in T20 mode and vice versa..In test matches the AI is always scoring at above 6rpo and finish up all out for around 150 in 15 to 20 overs.

In T20 mode they bat properly around 4-5 rpo and play full 20 overs and finish around 100/3 or something.

I believe that's a distinct possibility and am going to add this post to the patch thread.

I'm sorry MB, but you mean "bowl what the game INCORRECTLY considers properly," which is sterile, mechanical and repetitive, as well as unrealistic so far as how you can never put the ball in what WOULD, or better yet COULD be a decent spot unless its a PRE-DETERMINED yellow zone.

I'm sorry MB, but you mean "bowl what the game INCORRECTLY considers properly," which is sterile, mechanical and repetitive, as well as unrealistic so far as how you can never put the ball in what WOULD, or better yet COULD be a decent spot unless its a PRE-DETERMINED yellow zone.

I don't always bowl in the yellow zone. I mix it up, change deliveries at last second, alter the amount of swing instead of always using maximum and that all seems to work for me. I get the odd period of play where the AI tries to slog balls all the time, but it doesn't last long. I reckon a 'powerplay trigger' has been accidentally implemented in the test matches.

I am sure they didn't test this game properly with some realistic cricket players with gaming as a hobby. (How do you hit a square cut six for an in swinger out of the leg stump with middle stump guard? Well answer is simple, play this game.)

For the first time play, this was a fantastic game....
Second time almost good....
third time not so good...
and so on...

Bowl as you wish, they will score some runs with 20 or more runrate, if you find the timing well, you can win very easily, as I scored a 100 in 4 overs in 20-20 with 0 wicket loss.

Anyway, I was going through the forums and player editing..And what I found was.

Edit all players satisfying these conditions..
Batting
Judgement 50-60
Placement precision - 5 (compulsary)
Running speed - MAX (compulsary)
Strength - 25 for players like Sachin, about 80 for Yusuf Pathan like players
Timing - 40-60 for players like Sachin, about 25 for Yusuf Pathan like players
Bowling
Accuracy - 30-60
InDrift - any
OutDrift -any
Pace - any
Spin/Cut -any
Fielding
Outfield catching - MAX (not compulsary)
Reflex catching- any
Running Speed - MAX (compulsary)
Throwing Accuracy - 40-70
Throwing Distance - MAX (not compulsary)

By putting these values for all players, we can get a good game from us and computer.
My results was better ;-
We can control CPU batsmen even if they are on fire by bowling tricky balls, like an In cutter or Doosra
CPU stupid run out never happened for me. ( It may happen but didn't for me )
We can't stand and deliver all the time.

I edited only two teams, I got this, I will edit all the teams when I have time.
If someone has done, please share.

I don't always bowl in the yellow zone. I mix it up, change deliveries at last second, alter the amount of swing instead of always using maximum and that all seems to work for me. I get the odd period of play where the AI tries to slog balls all the time, but it doesn't last long. I reckon a 'powerplay trigger' has been accidentally implemented in the test matches.

exactly! altering swing from in to out or vice versa, and changing the line/length of the delivery just before stopping the bar, as well as stopping the bar at the yellow OR light green segment... has worked decently. It still hasnt done enough to brush out all the flaws, but atleast I can feel a bit of control at the period when AI is going all guns blazing. Thats atleast something we can do to have a more enjoyable experience until something happens(patch or things alike).

exactly! altering swing from in to out or vice versa, and changing the line/length of the delivery just before stopping the bar, as well as stopping the bar at the yellow OR light green segment... has worked decently. It still hasnt done enough to brush out all the flaws, but atleast I can feel a bit of control at the period when AI is going all guns blazing. Thats atleast something we can do to have a more enjoyable experience until something happens(patch or things alike).

Is that how to flight a spinner's delivery: release in the light green segment?

Dont know abt flighting the delivery, since the trajectory, IMO, is the same even if one bowls at either of the three segments. Bowling in the green segment does however makes the batsmen play a tad early as we all know, but things like these dont have any, or very lesss consequences in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread