BLIC 2005 Vs Cricket 2005 No Contest

pal said:
The reviews are making me dizzy, since I have planned to buy only one of the games released. One half recommends Cricket 2005 while blasting BLIC, while the other half supports BLIC, while thrashing Cricket 2005. So for someone with a limited budet (I am a student :)), which game do you recommend?

I am also a student so take my advice,

Take my advice, :D

I am sure you have played cricket 2004 and it wasnt all good as every one knows,This is the third attempt Ea is making in building up a good game,but yet again they have failed,

Brian lara 99 was one heck of a game,Even though it was made 6 years back I still enjoy playing it more then cricket 2004,With the game play that was enjoyable and many more options was as well,

So I would go with Brian lara International cricket.Give Ea a run for it is money and buy Brian Lara International so In the future They would put a bit more effort on the cricket games,I am not talking only to Pal I am asking every one to buy Blic for their own sake :D :cheers

indiancricketer said:
yup thats right NO rain in test in BLIC

Pretty sure there is rain. RG confirmed this. Rain in Tests but not ODI's.

pal said:
The reviews are making me dizzy, since I have planned to buy only one of the games released. One half recommends Cricket 2005 while blasting BLIC, while the other half supports BLIC, while thrashing Cricket 2005. So for someone with a limited budet (I am a student ), which game do you recommend?

Hold off buying until BLIC is released and then read a review from someone who has a/ played both and b/ knows about cricket games.

pal said:
The reviews are making me dizzy, since I have planned to buy only one of the games released. One half recommends Cricket 2005 while blasting BLIC, while the other half supports BLIC, while thrashing Cricket 2005. So for someone with a limited budet (I am a student :)), which game do you recommend?

If you're a student then Id definatly by Lara. If you want stress relief from all that revision exams etc.. Slog mode etc.. And as WE ALL KNOW Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 will be the best game EVER

If you have played cricket 2004 then skip cricket 2005 for sure. BLIC will be more refreshing, it is different than EA cricket games. You will definitely enjoy it, btw speaking about the reviews PSM which rated EA cricket better than BLIC was the earlier version of the game. All other reviews are favouring BLIC.

I don't hink I need you to tell more. You can see the featurtes in BLIC and make your desicion.

at least u can play back foot and front foot shots in c2k5, and u can advance, unlike blic....

I think it's down to personal preferences between the two... Cricket 2005 has all the bells and whistles, loads of teams, is harder, better than 2004, but still has bugs and glitches....

BLIC "Demo" (for now) hasn't got all the bells and whistles, is easy, the player animation is smoother and has a better chance of being bug free which would be a huge plus...

If the full version of BLIC is as fluid as the demo and is bug free then EA has some serious competition, as there is the option for future BLIC games to build on what the C2XXX series failed to do.

C2002 still sits on my HD, that's how pessimistic I am about future EA releases...

Steve S.

Ankit kukreti said:
If you have played cricket 2004 then skip cricket 2005 for sure. BLIC will be more refreshing, it is different than EA cricket games. You will definitely enjoy it, btw speaking about the reviews PSM which rated EA cricket better than BLIC was the earlier version of the game. All other reviews are favouring BLIC.

I don't hink I need you to tell more. You can see the featurtes in BLIC and make your desicion.
Most of the reviews are done by people who don't even like cricket, and hence favour the "walk in and start belting sixes" style that Codies have adopted, and probably also like the lack of footwork choices as it simplifies a game which they probably don't like or understand- the Cricket 2005 reviews bitched about it being too hard, shows you exactly how accustomed these people are to cricket gaming (ie. not at all).

Choose between an arcade slog with no features and stupidly simplified gameplay, but good customer service and a very good chance of patches to fix bugs, or a more simulation oriented game with plenty of options and features, but where you'll have to rely on the patchers here to fix any problems. Personal choice really, either way the result will most likely be mediocre.

Brad are you saying that Brian Lara cricket is not a good game?

fardin said:
Brad are you saying that Brian Lara cricket is not a good game?
Without playing the full version it'd be unfair to comment definitively on either, that's just the impression that I've got from playing both the demos and reading reviews. I think it's fair to say that BLIC has aimed to be an arcade game and Cricket 2005 more of a simulation, which is reflected in the reviews- personally, I don't really like unrealistic sporting games, and I think that some of the missing features in BLIC are very significant, but I'll be reserving judgement until I've played the full versions of both. To answer your question, I don't hold high hopes that it will be all that good.

May be we are expecting too much from the Codies,

We cricket fans will never get what we want,

Looking at some of the sport games that Ea have made I am amazed how much cricket 2004 and 2005 lack behinds,
I played NBA 2004 it was so realistic,but cricket 2004 looks like it was made by a different country,

fardin said:
May be we are expecting too much from the Codies,

We cricket fans will never get what we want,

Looking at some of the sport games that Ea have made I am amazed how much cricket 2004 and 2005 lack behinds,
I played NBA 2004 it was so realistic,but cricket 2004 looks like it was made by a different country,

Thats because it was made in anoter country. Canada. What do they know about Cricket (No Offense)

ronaldo7777 said:
Thats because it was made in anoter country. Canada. What do they know about Cricket (No Offense)

no wonder cricket 2005 was devolaped in canada..actually u can judge it when u see the grip of batsman the way they are holding the bat..Just like ice hockey...as ice hockey is canada's most famous sports....

Played EA cricket 2005 almost a week now and gotta say it's far better then 2004 and it is damn addictive, love the way I am learning the batting bit by bit, game rocks in doubles too, slight prob is the button for diving back into crease for me doesn't appear to work or the change your mind one for running.
BLIC is just a non cricket fan's arcade game tbh.

brad352 said:
Without playing the full version it'd be unfair to comment definitively on either, that's just the impression that I've got from playing both the demos and reading reviews. I think it's fair to say that BLIC has aimed to be an arcade game and Cricket 2005 more of a simulation, which is reflected in the reviews- personally, I don't really like unrealistic sporting games, and I think that some of the missing features in BLIC are very significant, but I'll be reserving judgement until I've played the full versions of both. To answer your question, I don't hold high hopes that it will be all that good.
Although I agree with most of what you say Brad, I'm clinging to the hope that the BLIC demo was in arcade mode, and simulation will make it much more realistic. For me one of the major gripes in BLIC is the lack of user controlled front/backfoot shots, which takes away that element of control and choice you have of strokeplay. Also, whereas c2k5, for me, could do with speeding up a little, BLIC is just too fast; beat the bat and before you get the opportunity to admire your bowling the ball is back in the bowlers hand at the start of his run up. It's like the bowling team is in a rush to get through it's overs before their allotted time is up!

Users who are viewing this thread