BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ya.. me and my brother were playing a test match on county and i got 244 all out then he got 241 all out then i gave him a lead of 212 and the game ended in a tie..cause he only got 212..

Lucky

International Cricketer
You might want to delete that post before someone comes along and give you negative reps, like they did to me.....

manojkumar_ms

Club Cricketer
Well, I have both the game BLC 2005 & EA C2005. And i played both. Both are good. Well BLC is much better in Graphics and EA C2005 is much better in GamePlay.Both have merits and demerits. As this is BLC forum , I am going to discuss BLC. Graphics is superb, I love it. Even the bowling actions and batting type os good. And the tail enders play like Tail Enders. But Game Play is poorer.
1) I mean just like I told you Tail enders play like Tail enders, but if a Tail endere plays a 3 Test and makes the score at the average 0f 30-40 runs, then his batting should be improved in next match.
2) Computer belives in only hitting sixes and fours, they are too lazy to socre a single run, even there is chance of scoring twos. They think, they can cover up by hitting boundries and sixes.
3) Whenever we bowl off stumps delivery, they play the shot at leg side only, irrespective of what delivery was bowled and they mostly play towards the deep square leg only, even if the fielder is present tere to field. They can afford to play all the six deliveries of the overs tere only, without scoring a run(in ODIs too).
4) Even if we bowl a No-Ball to them instead of hitting it, they love to defend them.
5) They do not know how to cope up with situation.For example, I(India) played against Australia(CPU) in a Custiom League match. They won the toss and elected to bat. First I was shocked to see their opener they were M.Hayden and Justin Langer. I mean Justin Langer, how can he be in the ODI? I was the 50 over match and in the second over only, Hayden gave his wicket scoring a DUCK. In short Australi were ALL OUT for 148 in 33 overs match, still 17 overs were remaining. But they gave their wickets easily. And what a joke J. Langer was NOT OUT on 66. I mean this is not the real Australia play like this.

In short AI should be improved a lot. GRaphic as I said is No.1 and if two Humans are playing this then this is the best, bcos if two Humans play, no AI needed.

Thats Solve Guys.

Inzi bhai

School Cricketer
Both BLIC 05 and cricket 2005 worst part of game

Worse part of BLIC 2005 :- I dont know why they hurry to release this game earlier than cricket 2005 - hey man leave the competition aside for a moment and improve your game first.

-ve points = the worst thing they can do is to add fake names to international teams and secondaly the AI is too damn easy. And there are some cartoony sound(if you guys have heard it) if the keeper take the bails off you will heard a noise of TICK TICK TICK I mean what the hell was that instead of real bails noise they put a stupid cartoon noise over here.

worse part of EA cricket 2005:- Well they only work hard on the graphics but they didnt borther to work hard on the batting controls which is the worst part of this game. The front shot looks pretty weird to me.

-ve points = In fielding- the ball always stick to their hand like a glue, I mean no hand or fingers movement over here. And the batsman always hold the top edge of the bat , while batting only the bat moves in his hands while fingers are stuck badly(during the shot). :onpc

willv88

Club Cricketer
umm i was thinking of getting ricky ponting cricket but i like a hard cricket game thats realistic and challenging. i like them 2 bat good and score high scores. is this the game 4 me or not. i heard it is realli easy 2 bowl sides out

paceattack

School Cricketer
Just need somebody's input regarding shots. I find that playing cover drives or square on the offside, the batsman always plays it along the ground. Do they ever mis time it and hit the ball in the air to point or cover (without using the lofted shot button?).

I mean if you mis time and mis hit it it should be caught at point or cover. I am only playing on county mode at he moment so this might be the case in test mode but was just curious.

Also has anyone seen catches at third slip or gully. All the edges that I have seen in the game are at 1st slip or diving keeper? And what about bat pads (catches and silly point, silliy mid off and short leg)?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
paceattack said:
Just need somebody's input regarding shots. I find that playing cover drives or square on the offside, the batsman always plays it along the ground. Do they ever mis time it and hit the ball in the air to point or cover (without using the lofted shot button?).

I mean if you mis time and mis hit it it should be caught at point or cover. I am only playing on county mode at he moment so this might be the case in test mode but was just curious.

Also has anyone seen catches at third slip or gully. All the edges that I have seen in the game are at 1st slip or diving keeper? And what about bat pads (catches and silly point, silliy mid off and short leg)?

No im afraid not, its pretty lame. You end up hitting back to the bowler instead. :noway

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
There are quite a few leading edges but I've still had some at 3rd slip and in the gully. It amuses me a bit that the slips/keeper always have to dive; it never comes straight to them!

wifler

Club Cricketer
Hey guys Im a Cricket 2005 man, and thats where I spend all my time on here, however I fancied trying Brian Lara, so i have ordered it (for 17.99 :) ) Just wondering if most people have being converted from Cricket 2005 to Brian Lara. My first impressions from the demo were that the graphics weren't as good as C2005 and the crowd graphics are a bit dissapointing. Also the camera keeps spinning around all the time fast, and you dont know where you are and whether or not to run, one time I was run out in literally a second and didnt even know what happened.

One thing that worries me is apparantly they use fake names, which is a big blow. So I will be playing it a lot more when I get it too give it a proper go, and see what happens. The one thing about C2005 is that the bowling is really fun, can you enjoy long spells of bowling in brian lara and produce some great deliveries?

Some input from the converted would be much appreciated. Ta.

paceattack

School Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
There are quite a few leading edges but I've still had some at 3rd slip and in the gully. It amuses me a bit that the slips/keeper always have to dive; it never comes straight to them!

Are there any edges when playing a defensive shot (I mean with just the defensive button). I mean playing defensively ball moving away...catching the dege and being taken at slip....any thing like this or are all the edges just when you try and drive?

Do you guys think that the game developers are going to be developing a patch (BLIC2005 and C2005) or come up with a new version (remember the Cricket 97 ashes tour edition - you know I think that this was one good game).

satish_lastride

Club Cricketer
okay i have finally made up my mind to get BLIC this weekend..i'll get the game and & post my comments!!!

Ronan_UK

Club Cricketer
I remember somebody said that they thought the batter always swung the bat in anger when they got out - well I was playing in a 20/20 style and Michael Vaughan had knocked up a 60 something with a strike rate of about 250. He didn't swing the bat :)

Users who are viewing this thread