BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

aprofromindia said:
By the Way has anyone found a way to edit the faces or restore the faces from the ICC tournaments into the game ?

I'm working on this. See the editing player profiles thread.

barmyarmy said:
I'm working on this. See the editing player profiles thread.

I'd just love it if you could do that Colin. Heath Streak looks like a crack addict on my world tour. :rolleyes:

barmyarmy said:
Can't select over/round the wicket for bowlers - this is a major thing for me.

hey barmyarmy you can do this ..just press right or left direction button to go around or over the wicket.

Seriously people, we need to learn to accept other people's opinions. I am partial to Cricket 2005 because of the game play. I would rather have a simulation-type game than an arcade-style game. I know other people who disagree. I'm just pleased that we have two cricket games to bicker about this year!

well its not that good, infact its crap no wonder it was only a 10er but my cousins work at blockbusters so they got a 75% discount which is ?10.

afridi25 said:
well its not that good, infact its crap no wonder it was only a 10er but my cousins work at blockbusters so they got a 75% discount which is ?10.

Excuse me, have you played the full version or just making a useless comment.

sam p said:
It's like the game just decides it will score a boundary from any ball it feels like, no matter how unlikely in real life, which kind of ruins the whole experience.

This is exactly what it's like in the full game too. It's very disappointing and spoils the game for me. As for people who say stop complaining, this thread asked for our views opinions and reviews and that's what it's getting!

I bought BLIC 2005 today and also installed the Real Names Patch. I decided to play in the nets first, with Glenn McGrath bowling yorkers and outswingers to Michael Vaughan.

Then I moved on to a Classic Match, and completed it! Fred Spofforth was bloody good, because needing 85 to win with 10 wickets left felt easy until he bowled. I managed 85-6! Whew! :)

Codemasters have put together the Classic Matches well.

This is my favourite game. I will never play Cricket 2005 again. ;)

I ordered the game from game and it came on wednesday the 20th through the post at about 11am! Played loads but finding it hard to take wickets in test matches, any hints?

got both BLIC 05 and Cricket 2005

Must say, that C2005 is better, gameplay-wise, though commentry in BLIC is way better.

was hoping BLIC wud be better, but it aint. the only good thing abt it is the classic matches and stuff :onpc

Trying really hard to like this but just played a 10 over ODI between Australia and Bangladesh (me) on Test level on normal wicket

Australia could only manage 44-5 off their 10 overs, and all 5 caught at either fine leg or third man

I won easily in 7 overs taking little risk

so either

a) I am the best bowler at this game
b) The AI needs some tweaking

Or
c) need autoplay ?

Attachments

• aus.JPG
    aus.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 231
zimrahil said:
Trying really hard to like this but just played a 10 over ODI between Australia and Bangladesh (me) on Test level on normal wicket

Australia could only manage 44-5 off their 10 overs, and all 5 caught at either fine leg or third man

so either

Or
c) need autoplay ?

you are too good in bowling man..i m sure abt that

zimrahil said:

so either

Or
c) need autoplay ?

Defo B and needs C.

This is my first cricket game and in my opinion the game is good. I feel that it has the makings of a excellent game but little errors and things that are not in the game dont make it so good as it should be.

Positives

the graphics are excellent but codies should allow us to put the real faces on the fake people.

the commentary is good but the stories they tell get cut off when you finish a over.

the game is a fun one to play.

lots of modes to play. classic matches are an excellent addition

Negatives

The main issue for me is the lack of stats. whats the point going on tours without the stats to tell you how each player is performing. In the middle of a match it would be better having stats like manhattens, partneships and spider graphs for each player. It should also say how the batsmen scored his runs like 1's and 2's etc. It does this when you get a fifty but lasts for about 2 seconds so you dont have time to read all of it.

You should be able to call on hawk-eye at any time.

There should be an option for a replay at any time.

There should be more animations i.e. more types of catches from the wicketkeeper and slips and celebrations when a wicket falls.

As i said this is my first cricket game so i can not compare it to any others but this is a good game but with little things added it would be a excellent one.

my blic bowling review

heres my review of the game i've done a test match on HARD mode betwwen australia (me) v New Zealand

i think the ai for batting is very realistic on hard mode

i bowled out new zealand for 337 at one stage new zealand were 200/3 they were dominating me but i then managed to get the last 7 wickets for 137 runs

i like the fact that the ai makes good partnerships and then they can have a sudden collapse

in bowling i was consistently bowling speeds between 77-87mph with gillespie and mcgrath with brett lee i was getting balls over 90mph

i think this is a really good game but a few thing can be changed

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread