BLIC Full Version - Views, Opinions and Reviews

I think BLIC2005 is better game overall than cricket 2005 but there some other small details that really bug me!!!

1. The Wicket Keeper is not warering a hat, and really most do!!
2. The comentators don'r say the players alot, only like 5% of the time
3. Fake name and faces in exhibition mode
4. Horrible Kits in exhibition mode
5. NO MAN OF THE MATCH!!!! (which should be in ever cricket game no matter what)
6. Tricked us with 52 stdiams, only 16
7. Not enough stats!!!, can't even check Req. Run Rate and Current run rate when you want
8. No Hat Trick celebrations
9. Not enough cut scenes
10. Ball is bowled so slow, like slow motion
11. The players are whearing the sweater even in India or Sri Lanka where it's realy hot.
12. Boundry Replay horible
13. No Replay option
14. No Auto Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok saying that here some things I love about the game.

1. Hawkeye
2. The Coin toss
3. Bowling is amazing and so much fun.
4. Bats,helmets, and arm gards
5. Sound coming of the bat
6. ICC Worl Cup and ICC Throphy - Final Presentation
7. Faster Game, could finish a 50 over game in about hour
8. love the fact the tale enders play horrible shots like real life
9. Save game during the match on xbox.
10. I think have better face than Cricket 2005
11. Bowling actions

So overall I like BLIC2005 than CRICKET 2005 as I have both on XBOX and I have been playing BL for the last 2 days nonstop 50 over games in a World Cup with Sri Lanka.

bought BLC last friday, and its really great. unlike cricket 2005, the batting seems to be very responsive and the AI reacts to aggressive play, im really impressed so far. perhaps the really great thing im finding that sets BLC apart from any other cricket game ive played is that bowling is actually exciting. usually with other games id find it quite tedious, but theres lots going on, and it does feel good when you uproot that middle stump. my only one glitch ive noticed is a tendancy for the AI to play shots to deep fine leg quite a bit. so far its really great though. maybe they could've done with a few more bowler expressions/reactions with the cut scenes post-delivery - they seem a bit samey.

Blic Rules

Played both new games and must say Blic is much better, well I don't even want to compare these two, it should be between cricket 2004 and Blic, one thing missing from all the posts are comments about the multiplayer mode, I'ts a lot more fun playing against a human then any A.I, I think Blic is wonderful in that aspect too, so please post more comments on multiplay........

Blic 2005

I think while getting license for all that stuff,codies forgot that they had to make a game.....
Got my game for PS2 on saturday and was pretty excited to play it as I "was" a huge BLIC fan...ok...the menu was looked pretty good..as I knew that there are fake namez in exibition mode so i put on world cup...first match...pakistan v australia....all rite...the match started....the graphics shocked me rite away...but I thought it to be no problem as gameplay counts more...now, the game started....the gameplay was absolutely poor... I mean u play all the shots with a single button...a fast bowler like mcgrath bowling at u at 40 mph....the camera is not good at alll...u can recognize when and which shot is being played...i decided to watch the reply but there was no option....what is the use of hawk-eye when u cant view it urself....graphics are much poorer than cricket 2005...there are no cutscenes when a wicket falls...commentary is rubbish...they keep on saying same stuff time and again...yea bowling is fun but it starts getting on to ur nerves after a while....i mean whats the point of not making an autoplay option in a so called cricket game of the year....rubbish....I played for an hour and tried to convince my self that the game is good but i failed....
The good thing about the game are alot of game modes the challenges u face...I really liked classic matches...even finished 4 of them....but that was not a reason for to keep a game like this so I went back and returned the game and bought another one for it....I think BLC 99 still rules the cricket gaming but BLIC 2005 is even worse....worst arcade game ever made in cricket arena....
On the other hand I played cricket 2005 and it really is a good game apart from some bugs which I think can be fixed by the patch team here on planet cricket... thats why i bought it on PC....cricket 2005 is a brilliant game...yea I found hard to bat in it but the more u play the more u get used to it and its more easy to time the bowl and play...its actually fun for me to play cricket 2005 it really makes u feel like playing a cricket game....though there arent much game modes and bat licensing but still my favorite...
from all above I made one conclusion...EA is an established company...they know how to make professional games...though they made alot of bugs in C2k5 but still its loads fun to play the game...on the other hand Codies didnot manage the game well...they spent money in wrong areas of game....they didnt make gameplay good...they didnt get player's lisence which is a shame....they didnt work on all the ambience and graphics in the game....that shows difference between a professional and an incomplete poor work....I was the greatest supporter of BLIC and was strictly agains C2k5 but haveing played the games I say
"EA Rulez...."
very much dissappointed from the Codemasters...a poor effort

solsjkaer86 said:
I think while getting license for all that stuff,codies forgot that they had to make a game.....
Got my game for PS2 on saturday and was pretty excited to play it as I "was" a huge BLIC fan...ok...the menu was looked pretty good..as I knew that there are fake namez in exibition mode so i put on world cup...first match...pakistan v australia....all rite...the match started....the graphics shocked me rite away...but I thought it to be no problem as gameplay counts more...now, the game started....the gameplay was absolutely poor... I mean u play all the shots with a single button...a fast bowler like mcgrath bowling at u at 40 mph....the camera is not good at alll...u can recognize when and which shot is being played...i decided to watch the reply but there was no option....what is the use of hawk-eye when u cant view it urself....graphics are much poorer than cricket 2005...there are no cutscenes when a wicket falls...commentary is rubbish...they keep on saying same stuff time and again...yea bowling is fun but it starts getting on to ur nerves after a while....i mean whats the point of not making an autoplay option in a so called cricket game of the year....rubbish....I played for an hour and tried to convince my self that the game is good but i failed....
The good thing about the game are alot of game modes the challenges u face...I really liked classic matches...even finished 4 of them....but that was not a reason for to keep a game like this so I went back and returned the game and bought another one for it....I think BLC 99 still rules the cricket gaming but BLIC 2005 is even worse....worst arcade game ever made in cricket arena....
On the other hand I played cricket 2005 and it really is a good game apart from some bugs which I think can be fixed by the patch team here on planet cricket... thats why i bought it on PC....cricket 2005 is a brilliant game...yea I found hard to bat in it but the more u play the more u get used to it and its more easy to time the bowl and play...its actually fun for me to play cricket 2005 it really makes u feel like playing a cricket game....though there arent much game modes and bat licensing but still my favorite...
from all above I made one conclusion...EA is an established company...they know how to make professional games...though they made alot of bugs in C2k5 but still its loads fun to play the game...on the other hand Codies didnot manage the game well...they spent money in wrong areas of game....they didnt make gameplay good...they didnt get player's lisence which is a shame....they didnt work on all the ambience and graphics in the game....that shows difference between a professional and an incomplete poor work....I was the greatest supporter of BLIC and was strictly agains C2k5 but haveing played the games I say
"EA Rulez...."
very much dissappointed from the Codemasters...a poor effort
i agree with everything except on graphics.
I have been a big fan of EA ,but Cricket2005 is just a poor effort as its just an update of Cricket 2004.(Remember that BLIC is made from scratch so give them one more chance)
And coming to graphics though the lightning textures are good in Cricket 2005 but the player models and faces dont look good.So i will rate the graphics to be poor.On the other hand Brian lara cricket has more realistic faces and good player models and that is more important than shining kits.For BLIC at the highest settings the graphics look superb better than Cricket2005.
But then its the gameplay which matters most.
Gameplay is better in Cricket 2005 after installing Tutsi AI patch.So hopefully if zimrahil makes one patch for BLIC 2005 then we will have two good cricket games.

i m not sure about graphics because i played the game on PS2...i will be buying it on PC once a bagfull of patches is released by the planetcricket team cuz i like the classic matches......yea player faces are not real in cricket2005 but I think modelling is really good...that could be due to the fact that i played it on PS2....player models are far better than 2004....well i hope patches do ammend the gameplay flaw and others in BLIC so that we can have two cricket games to enjoy this year......

Game Booklet

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where can I get or download a BLIC 2005 game booklet, mine got damaged ?

confused

hey iam a fan of brian lara 2005 now don know if i have to buy it or not
is it a good game.

if u are interested in only playing aracde style stuff and want only a simple game then buy it and if u want real life action,replays,stats,counties and more then dont waste your money on it

Help!

can anyone help me? i brought the game and installed it but when i run it the colour is all wrong and once i go on exhibition i goes reallly slow and the game freezes. can somebody help me ? thanks in advance

i have copy dvd-r on ps2 and it runs at normal speed like cricket 2005

but but, i bought an original one with NTSC/PAL writen on its cover and NTSC writeen on its dvd, and its speed is real fast extera fast, why is this?????? and screen apeears stretched from top to bottom althoigh i have ntsc tv.. plz sort out my problem as copy dvd works normal so y original works fast.?

Somerset_Rule said:
Pentium4
Vivida GeForce 4 MX440
Sigma tel Audio

It says that it work with them but its doesnt
Install the old driver for the video card which came with your mobo CD

Users who are viewing this thread