BLIC Reviews

I don't take reviews seriously because it's their opinion, I form my own. E.g. Smash Court Tennis Pro tournament 2 was slated by a number of magazines, but I loved it.

Yeah one thing is for sure taking wickets aint that hard, and I dont really want the AI to give wickets up easily, I think BLIC can improve the ball bat physics to improve batting and make the fielders more intelligent and then it would be a brilliant game, but then again I am in no way buying cricket 2005. I also remember RG saying somehwere in the CM forum that for hardcore cricket fans they should bat at Hard level as advised by the producer, which in a way is good cause not every gamer would be a hardcore cricket fan. On top of that I would give Codemasters a couple more chances of making the perfect cricket game, as far as EA is concerned they had theirs.

themuel1 said:
I don't take reviews seriously because it's their opinion, I form my own. E.g. Smash Court Tennis Pro tournament 2 was slated by a number of magazines, but I loved it.
Get Top Spin, thats the best tennis sim eva :happy M$ know s how to make games, I would love it if they make a cricket game. :cheers

Just to update you on this, thought you'd want to know, the Official PS2 magazine review is out today (well, we got our copy in the office today) - rated as 8/10 - conclusion: "Getting started with 'Brian Lara' is easy, and mastering it is hugely satisfying. This is the best cricket game on PS2".

Sorry for the lack of a scan, been too busy to grab it today. I'm sure someone else on here gets OPS2M and can provide.

rubbergenius said:
Just to update you on this, thought you'd want to know, the Official PS2 magazine review is out today (well, we got our copy in the office today) - rated as 8/10 - conclusion: "Getting started with 'Brian Lara' is easy, and mastering it is hugely satisfying. This is the best cricket game on PS2".

Sorry for the lack of a scan, been too busy to grab it today. I'm sure someone else on here gets OPS2M and can provide.

Great news isn't it rubber cricket 05 only got 7 and we all know BLIC is gonna rule!

themuel1 said:

Neil Pickup is a BLIC stooge. The review is supposed to be about BLIC, yet he opens with a huge para criticizing EA Cricket 2005. wtf.
He is definitely not good at cricket games since he doesn't seem to want to challenge. Perhaps he cannot handle it and sucks at games. ( and/or lacks patience ). He's willing to overlook almost all its flaws ( he's even listed some of them for cryin' out loud )
Finally, what does it tell you ( about him or BLIC ) when he concludes that he needed to buy a PS2 to play the game since his PC graphics card had issues. This from a cricket game reviewer. Sheesh.

In my opinion, BLIC was over-hyped. However, its an ok *arcade* cricket game ( judging solely on the demo ), but not a realistic cricket sim.

fanirama said:
Neil Pickup is a BLIC stooge. The review is supposed to be about BLIC, yet he opens with a huge para criticizing EA Cricket 2005. wtf.
He is definitely not good at cricket games since he doesn't seem to want to challenge. Perhaps he cannot handle it and sucks at games. ( and/or lacks patience ). He's willing to overlook almost all its flaws ( he's even listed some of them for cryin' out loud )
Finally, what does it tell you ( about him or BLIC ) when he concludes that he needed to buy a PS2 to play the game since his PC graphics card had issues. This from a cricket game reviewer. Sheesh.

In my opinion, BLIC was over-hyped. However, its an ok *arcade* cricket game ( judging solely on the demo ), but not a realistic cricket sim.
yes reviewere were biased on blic and can u give the definition of
*arcade game *?

Mahesh Babu said:
yes reviewere were biased on blic and can u give the definition of
*arcade game *?

arcade sports games are not hardcore reproductions of the sport they represent. They loosely follow the rules of the sport and are meant to be less intense, for the casual gamer.
A proper simulation game follows all the rules of the sport and the AI behaves like it would conventionally in the real life. This is for hardcore fans of the sport.

eg.
Gran Turismo 4 is a Sim racing game. You need precision control and all that goes
with it. The control/behavior/gameplay etc. mimic the real life play to a higher extent

Burnout ( 1,2,3 ) is an Arcade racing game. Its more forgiving when driving, with exaggerated handling of the car, speed etc.

fanirama said:
arcade sports games are not hardcore reproductions of the sport they represent. They loosely follow the rules of the sport and are meant to be less intense, for the casual gamer.
A proper simulation game follows all the rules of the sport and the AI behaves like it would conventionally in the real life. This is for hardcore fans of the sport.

eg.
Gran Turismo 4 is a Sim racing game. You need precision control and all that goes
with it. The control/behavior/gameplay etc. mimic the real life play to a higher extent

Burnout ( 1,2,3 ) is an Arcade racing game. Its more forgiving when driving, with exaggerated handling of the car, speed etc.
If u see, the AI in the demo was designed to maintain a runrate of 6 as happens in a 50 over match.The AI is not designed to play those 6 overs slogging but rather play sensibly like in 50overs match.But if u see, the AI in c2005 also doesnot reflect the actual play as in real life.It sets horrible field settings like no third man etc..and many more..So dont underestimate any game before playing the full game.

Mahesh Babu said:
If u see, the AI in the demo was designed to maintain a runrate of 6 as happens in a 50 over match.The AI is not designed to play those 6 overs slogging but rather play sensibly like in 50overs match.

It was defending when it needed 20 runs of the last 2 overs with 8 wickets in hand. Common sense tell you you need to slog even at the expense of wickets.

But if u see, the AI in c2005 also doesnot reflect the actual play as in real life.It sets horrible field settings like no third man etc..and many more..
Agree to some extent. Its not perfect field setting, but who said in real life you need to have a third man at all times ? There's no rule where to place the fielders.
Moreover, the CPU bowls to its field quite well so you will find guiding the ball to third man is not so easy to score off of.

So dont underestimate any game before playing the full game.

I didn't. You came to that conclusion. I explicity stated in my post that I was judging solely on the demo.

rubbergenius said:

Getting started is easy and mastering it is hugely sarisfying.
that just shows the quality of AI.

Yeah..and i dont think they mentioned thatit was the best gaem on PC alos.

BLIC is going to be good for those casual gamers who get frustrated while playing Cricket 2005. I have come across people who say the game stinks because of its difficulty. Thats total idiotism because if you dont know how to play why insult that game? BLIC is far easy on medium difficulty. I may not be surprised if some people here make a double-century or atleast a century on their first play through the game in a test match.

aprofromindia said:
I also remember RG saying somehwere in the CM forum that for hardcore cricket fans they should bat at Hard level as advised by the producer,

What is the guarantee it is not like Cricket 2004's hard difficulty? The medium difficulty in BLIC is like the medium of Cricket 2004. Bam! Bam! Bam! Just like that!

UsmanCHADDA said:
BLIC is going to be good for those casual gamers who get frustrated while playing Cricket 2005. I have come across people who say the game stinks because of its difficulty. Thats total idiotism because if you dont know how to play why insult that game? BLIC is far easy on medium difficulty. I may not be surprised if some people here make a double-century or atleast a century on their first play through the game in a test match.

The one thing that ruins cricket 2005 above all else is not its difficulty its the fact that every single outfield is obviously like concrete, as soo as the ball is past the infield when you have played a drive or cut then it is four!

Users who are viewing this thread