• Yes

Votes: 58 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
absolutely tom go for it! thanks

btw, what surprises me in this poll is there are actually 3 people who said "NO" to this patch..i wud expect either a yes or a dont care..but why in the world would anyone say no to the patch is quite funny. :)

I freaaking want to get rid of this menu music. I HATE IT!! I like the BLC 05 music sooo much more! OO PLEASEE....PLEASE....help me get rid of it lazy!! how do u change that music??

lazy_chesnut said:
I've released a v0.1 of my sound patch in the downloads forum. Very small changes at this stage (just shot sounds and stumps) but more to come.

Well done, Chestnut! Is it possible to add sounds in (nit-picking coming up) like the tapping of the bat at the crease and the sound of the bowler's delivery stride? Also, is it possible to make appeals louder and will you be inserting real crowd chants? These all add atmosphere. (Like I said, major nit-picking!!)

Bat tapping is in there isn't it? There are certainly files for bat tapping in the sound file archive thingies. There is also are also sounds for the bowler's delivery stride, so I think they may just play really quietly.

As for crowd 'chants' there is a file for ambient sounds (which runs in a loop in the background, pretty much) and sounds for various crowd reactions, like appeals, milestones, boundaries, that sort of thing. There are a couple of things I am not sure about in here as the ambient sounds for each place (AUS, ENG, IND, WI) come in four flavours, labelled 1, 2, 5 and 6, and 3 variations labelled low, med and high.

Low, med and high seem to be crowd attendance or crowd excitement. As for the 1, 2, 5 and 6 numbers, I really don't have a clue so will have to ask Codemasters about this.

Then there are the player shouts, again for different regional accents, with each region having 4 different voices (which, interestingly can be assigned to each player I have now found out).

What I've done so far is ambient sounds and the spot effects (bat and stump hits, etc.). I'm about to do the crowd reaction sounds for the england region but might need to go scouring the net for other regions.

Player shouts are hard to get from real cricket coverage so I might record those myself, as the voice actors for the game did such a shocking job before with those. Same for umpire sounds.

So the next thing you'll be able to download will be the an updated spot effects patch, and then ambient sounds for england. I'll probably use the eng ambient sounds for the aus ambient sounds too, as I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar in real life.

Apologies for the essay.

lazy_chesnut said:
Bat tapping is in there isn't it? There are certainly files for bat tapping in the sound file archive thingies. There is also are also sounds for the bowler's delivery stride, so I think they may just play really quietly.

As for crowd 'chants' there is a file for ambient sounds (which runs in a loop in the background, pretty much) and sounds for various crowd reactions, like appeals, milestones, boundaries, that sort of thing. There are a couple of things I am not sure about in here as the ambient sounds for each place (AUS, ENG, IND, WI) come in four flavours, labelled 1, 2, 5 and 6, and 3 variations labelled low, med and high.

Low, med and high seem to be crowd attendance or crowd excitement. As for the 1, 2, 5 and 6 numbers, I really don't have a clue so will have to ask Codemasters about this.

Then there are the player shouts, again for different regional accents, with each region having 4 different voices (which, interestingly can be assigned to each player I have now found out).

What I've done so far is ambient sounds and the spot effects (bat and stump hits, etc.). I'm about to do the crowd reaction sounds for the england region but might need to go scouring the net for other regions.

Player shouts are hard to get from real cricket coverage so I might record those myself, as the voice actors for the game did such a shocking job before with those. Same for umpire sounds.

So the next thing you'll be able to download will be the an updated spot effects patch, and then ambient sounds for england. I'll probably use the eng ambient sounds for the aus ambient sounds too, as I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar in real life.

Apologies for the essay.
You da man, Chestnut!! So those sounds are there already? Ok, turn 'em up (a lot) and lose the sound of the ball bouncing (you never hear that in RL). By the way, where's the download? I checked the download section and I can't find it.

All we need now is a decent patch!! Please, Codemasters!!!! The potential is all there!!!!! :hpraise

John Adams said:
I love the menu music so much! Amazing how people have different tastes huh.

That is humanity my dear friend. :) lol! I can't tell u how much I seriously freakin hate that music. Changing it will make my review score atleast higher by a full point over 10 :rolleyes: ! lol! I just can't take it. I loved the music in 05. It was wicked. Nice calm and smooth music fit for a game such as cricket.

So dude! Can you please do me a favour and allow your editor to let us change menu music as well?? :)

lazy_chesnut said:

Apologies for the essay.
:D :cool:

OK it turns out that the bowler's delivery stride sounds now seem to be redundant which is a bit of a bugger. We do have "crowd building up with the bowler's run-up sounds" though which could be useful.

lazy.....can u please please do me a single favor?? PLEASE replace the menu music with "the game of love and unity", the real CWC theme music. I am hooked to that song now. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKo4YQLoxyo

Please try to see if u can get a high quality version ...*ahem* ;) (I haven;t been able to grab one yet :( )

Users who are viewing this thread