Blockers bits... (retro)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just containing my various uploads into a thread as I've started to get some teams and stuff up on the server.

First up, and standing on the shoulder of giants so to speak - I have shared versions of @gleeso73 England 30s (added Tommy Mitchell) and Australia 30s (added Perker Lee, Lisle Nagel, Jack Fingleton, Ernie Bromley and Hammy Love) in order to have all players that participated in the bodyline series.

I also shared a version of gleeso's WSC World XI, where I added several non-west indian players. In season 1 of WSC the world XI leaned heavily on West Indies, but in season 2 more players were added to give the World XI a better squad and allow real tri-series. I've added some of these.

I'm not seeking to pinch any credit from gleeso, who has done an amazing job.

these teams are shared under mrdconnors

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i've also created an England 1920s, which to cover the team that played the 1928 series against West Indies that @Mouseydread made. I also made sort of versions of 1920s Lords, Old Trafford and Oval which is where the series was played, and these should be shared with the team.

I made a the kits @gleeso73 made for the 1930s team for this England team too, to look like the England home jumper.

i also uploaded a version of @Mouseydread West Indies 1928 team. The only change to his team is to switch out the logo to the old (pre-99) West Indies logo that @Llewelynf kindly made in ashes and which carried over into cricket19 (yay), and also another reworking of gleeso's kit logos to look like the west indies jumper. again, not pinching any of mousey's credit.

both of these teams are available under mrdconnors

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
here's where it gets confusing...

The England 95 and South Africa 95 teams that were created for the Joburg scenario are shared under dcgate, as they were created by me on the PC academy/demo. I think i made most or all of the players... The SA logos were all on the server and I assume were the work of resident genius @Llewelynf

The Headingley 81 England and Australia teams are again shared under mrdconnors. Several of the players were made by @gleeso73, the Aus logos again I assume by LF7, and I made the rest of the players.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It wouldn't be my thread without some rebel tour action...

I have just shared the West Indian XI (toured in 82/83, and 83/84) Australian XI (toured in 85/86, and 86/87). In a familiar pattern, most of the Aussie players were already made by @gleeso73 (think I had to make about 7) and most of the west Indies players by @Mouseydread. Again logos all by @Llewelynf brought over from ashes.

shared under mrdconnors.

I literally cannot thank gleeso & mousey enough - they've not only made teams I'm enjoying playing with/against, they've covered loads of the bases I wanted covered and made my ongoing job so much easier! And obviously the entire community is in the debt of llewelyn and me especially as he's always indulged my niche rebel tour fixation!

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And finally for now, my little labour of love - the "Barbarians"... this is a squad of brilliant players who for various reasons never played a test.

This obviously includes some South Africans whose career coincided with isolation (Vince van der Bijl, Garth Le Roux, Ray Jennings, Ken McEwan and Clive Rice), as well as Franklyn Stephenson who had a great West Indian side to break into and then was banned after going on the Windies Rebel Tour.

Then you have the players who would have walked into most teams in most eras, but sadly for them not their side in their era, players such as Sam Trimble, an Aussie opener when those positions were nailed down by Lawry & Simpson, Darren Berry, an Aussie wicket keeper who's career overlapped Healy and Gilchrist, Jamie Siddons who was Australian through the 90s when 11,587 first class runs at 44.91 got you a single ODI for your troubles, Indian spinners Padmakar Shivalkar and Rajinder Goel, neither of whom could shift Bishan Bedhi out of the side, and perhaps most heartbreakingly of all Amol Muzumdar who not only couldn't get past Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman or Ganguly, but was also the poor bastard padded up to come in next when Tendulkar and Kambli had their stand of 664* at school.

Additionally there are the quality players who's countries weren't/aren't eligible for test cricket - Bart King the legendary American bowler, Sheridan Raynor who Sobers wanted in the West Indian side but who was Bermudan so not eligible, Mahadevan Sathasivam who was captain of Ceylon long before they became test-playing Sri Lanka, and of course Ryan ten Doeschate.

And finally that most Quixotic of categories - players denied by the whims of English selectors. Here we have Charles Kortright the Victorian era's "fastest bowler in the world", John Langridge with 76 FC hundreds but no cap, Don Shepherd who took a frankly ridiculous 2,218 FC wickets without earning a call-up, Ali Brown who averaged over 42 in the 90s when England were shit and still didn't get picked, and the guy who should be our number 3 for the ashes but won't be, James Hildreth.

This is shared under mrdconnors too. I have created this team as an "international" team, so that the matches I play with them against other international teams (currently up against Mousey's Windies 1920s) will earn these guys a long overdue Test cap. If you don't want this to happen you'll need to change them to First Class.

----------------------------------------------

EDIT:

THERE IS 1M IN VCASH available to the first person who downloads the Barbarians and can decipher their logo...

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay, it's always a regular request, but have you done or are you doing World Cup '92 sides?

I haven't. The kits/logos are up on the server that @wasteyouryouth did in ashes. i''m contemplating a scenario for the final, but i'm not likely to do it any time soon i'm afraid. (i'm also thinking of doing the 87 final first, starting at Gatt's reverse sweep.)[DOUBLEPOST=1560290833][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh by the way, THERE IS 1M IN VCASH available to the first person who downloads the Barbarians and can decipher their logo...

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
I haven't. The kits/logos are up on the server that @wasteyouryouth did in ashes. i''m contemplating a scenario for the final, but i'm not likely to do it any time soon i'm afraid. (i'm also thinking of doing the 87 final first, starting at Gatt's reverse sweep.)[DOUBLEPOST=1560290833][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh by the way, THERE IS 1M IN VCASH available to the first person who downloads the Barbarians and can decipher their logo...

You could also contemplate a scenario for that '92 semi-final (England - South Africa) and giving those poor South Africans something to be happy about for a while. :lol

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good choice for Darren Berry in your Barbarians Blocker. As a former (ordinary) ‘keeper, he and Jack Russell were probably the two best glovemen I’ve seen and both people I looked up to and modelled myself on growing up. Both brilliant up to the stumps.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I mentioned this in Mouseydreads thread but I loved his Windies 84 squad that much I had to throw together an 84/85 squad to match it so I could relive the first series I remember as a kid. As it turned out all but one Aussie in that squad had already been uploaded to the academy, mainly by yourself but also Gleeso73 (and Mousey himself too I think)
I haven’t uploaded as yet
A) in case any of you guys had plans
B) didn’t want to pinch your creations and then take the easy option from under you guys without checking in first
Cheers!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I mentioned this in Mouseydreads thread but I loved his Windies 84 squad that much I had to throw together an 84/85 squad to match it so I could relive the first series I remember as a kid. As it turned out all but one Aussie in that squad had already been uploaded to the academy, mainly by yourself but also Gleeso73 (and Mousey himself too I think)
B) didn’t want to pinch your creations and then take the easy option from under you guys without checking in first
Cheers!

Share away be my guest! Can’t wait!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Cheers!

Share away :)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
And finally for now, my little labour of love - the "Barbarians"... this is a squad of brilliant players who for various reasons never played a test.

This obviously includes some South Africans whose career coincided with isolation (Vince van der Bijl, Garth Le Roux, Ray Jennings, Ken McEwan and Clive Rice), as well as Franklyn Stephenson who had a great West Indian side to break into and then was banned after going on the Windies Rebel Tour.

Then you have the players who would have walked into most teams in most eras, but sadly for them not their side in their era, players such as Sam Trimble, an Aussie opener when those positions were nailed down by Lawry & Simpson, Darren Berry, an Aussie wicket keeper who's career overlapped Healy and Gilchrist, Jamie Siddons who was Australian through the 90s when 11,587 first class runs at 44.91 got you a single ODI for your troubles, Indian spinners Padmakar Shivalkar and Rajinder Goel, neither of whom could shift Bishan Bedhi out of the side, and perhaps most heartbreakingly of all Amol Muzumdar who not only couldn't get past Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman or Ganguly, but was also the poor bastard padded up to come in next when Tendulkar and Kambli had their stand of 664* at school.

Additionally there are the quality players who's countries weren't/aren't eligible for test cricket - Bart King the legendary American bowler, Sheridan Raynor who Sobers wanted in the West Indian side but who was Bermudan so not eligible, Mahadevan Sathasivam who was captain of Ceylon long before they became test-playing Sri Lanka, and of course Ryan ten Doeschate.

And finally that most Quixotic of categories - players denied by the whims of English selectors. Here we have Charles Kortright the Victorian era's "fastest bowler in the world", John Langridge with 76 FC hundreds but no cap, Don Shepherd who took a frankly ridiculous 2,218 FC wickets without earning a call-up, Ali Brown who averaged over 42 in the 90s when England were shit and still didn't get picked, and the guy who should be our number 3 for the ashes but won't be, James Hildreth.

This is shared under mrdconnors too. I have created this team as an "international" team, so that the matches I play with them against other international teams (currently up against Mousey's Windies 1920s) will earn these guys a long overdue Test cap. If you don't want this to happen you'll need to change them to First Class.

----------------------------------------------

EDIT:

THERE IS 1M IN VCASH available to the first person who downloads the Barbarians and can decipher their logo...

This is an amazing piece. I have heard of some of the South Africans, could Jimmy Cook get into this side? Jim Allen who was an attacking West Indian batsman who played WSC for the West Indies but not Test Cricket. Love the story about poor Amol Muzumdar!

Users who are viewing this thread